[FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.21

windypanda1

16 hours ago, Tools1308 said:

Quick question: is it possible to play this rom/update on the 3DS? Or is it only available for citra?

edit: sorry, didnt have the time to properly look at the descriptions you psted, saw that you linked a video for that

It's been playtested on the 3DS by a couple players and it works. Hope you can figure out the installation. 

Quick tier list of how I view the characters in this romhack:

1922595765_my-image(1).thumb.png.4393e6383fdcaa76c24305da1606ac7a.png

Robin is Robin, Tiki is the lategame crutch character, and Frederick is the early game crutch character.

Say'ri, Lon'qu, and Gaius all grant Speed pairup, so that's something that can help your other units a lot. Chrom also provides Speed pairup.

I don't think anyone is bad, but there are clear power differences, which I think is still ok. Maribelle has been buffed like 5 times already and she seems ok now but still overshadowed by the other staffers.

Edited by windypanda1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I played this hack for the last few days and I am now at a point where I have 2 questions: why did you decide to softlock the children units, as in making their maps even harder(?) or atleast not making them easier. That was imo the 2nd biggest flaw of awakening, right behind surprise reinforcements, that you could only pick up the children if you either have nearly completed the game anyways or have absolutely overleveled your units to be broken af. The low level made it also so that you cant use your childunits in their own maps and that you have to go out of your way to grind so they can become viable. Also, what exactly is chapter 17? That is one of the most insane difficulty spikes Ive seen in a long time. It feels like every single units needs to be absolutely bonkers. Im playing an ironman(for the most part) and Ive lost a few units here and there, but I still got what Id call a strong lineup, but even with 5 or so mounted units which allow me to fight on only 2 fronts it feels extremely RNG based if not impossible to not lose a unit there. Maybe Im just not seeing something obvious, but that shit is absolutely insane and Im only playing on hard and not lunatic.

3 hours ago, Darkshadow1523 said:

So I played this hack for the last few days and I am now at a point where I have 2 questions: why did you decide to softlock the children units, as in making their maps even harder(?) or atleast not making them easier. That was imo the 2nd biggest flaw of awakening, right behind surprise reinforcements, that you could only pick up the children if you either have nearly completed the game anyways or have absolutely overleveled your units to be broken af. The low level made it also so that you cant use your childunits in their own maps and that you have to go out of your way to grind so they can become viable. Also, what exactly is chapter 17? That is one of the most insane difficulty spikes Ive seen in a long time. It feels like every single units needs to be absolutely bonkers. Im playing an ironman(for the most part) and Ive lost a few units here and there, but I still got what Id call a strong lineup, but even with 5 or so mounted units which allow me to fight on only 2 fronts it feels extremely RNG based if not impossible to not lose a unit there. Maybe Im just not seeing something obvious, but that shit is absolutely insane and Im only playing on hard and not lunatic.

Hey, thanks for playing!

The child paralogues all have enemy levels lowered by 2 compared to base game, as well as all objectives being changed to defeat the boss. I suppose that still wasn't enough. I don't remember struggling too hard with any of the paralogues besides Nah's paralogue which definitely does deserve a nerf. I admit I don't play too much with the kids so some paralogues are not well playtested, please tell me what specific paralogues you were doing.

Chapter 16->17 has a massive powerspike even on base game because you're suddenly going from Lv20 unpromoted to Lv3 promoted enemies. There are a couple other chapters where enemies jump 3 levels suddenly. I toned these down with a level curve adjustment but it seems like it got mysteriously deleted a few patches ago. It also seems like the enemy hit rate improvements are kicking in too soon in Hard Mode. I uploaded a new version with the fixes so you can try using that. It could just be that your team is not scaling to lategame, but don’t give up because Tiki can do a lot of heavy lifting after Chapter 18. Sorry that this happened to you, and good luck.

v4.15

Level Curve, Hit Rate adjustments.

Edited by windypanda1

Yeah, the thing is with the children paralogues that it still feels nearly undoable until lategame, where imo they have absolutely no use unless you go grinding for a few hours. Let alone that they themselve can easily die to any 1 hit of the enemies whoch also makes the paralogues extremely frustrating. I think it isnt too bad for some of them to be accessable only in the lategame, but my units are mostly around the promoted level 5 and I still couldnt tackle any of the paralogues I unlocked, being Nahs, Severas, Yarnes, Inigos ans Cynthia. So my idea would be to pick 2 or 3 paralogues and adjust their enemy levels to that of chapter 14, then another 2 or 3 and adjust them to chapter 15 etc. That would enable a ateady flow of new units, especially usefull for an ironman, but also an easy source of training for the child units who otherwise would need an excessive amount of risenfarming. But that is only my idea, maybe you got a better one. And for chapter 17: yeah, I am definately soft locked there, without any risenfarming I personally cannot do it. The enemies have 35 attack and the mages 40 magic attack, which makes any combo of attacks on every single units a guaranteed kill. And aside from robin not even one of my units can one turn them. I will prolly go back to it in a few days, but for now its kinda the end for me.

P.s.: but generally a HUGE thanks to you, it is an extremely fun balance patch to play and the amount of work you put in is also insane. You definately have my respect foe that.

Edited by Darkshadow1523

1 hour ago, Darkshadow1523 said:

Yeah, the thing is with the children paralogues that it still feels nearly undoable until lategame, where imo they have absolutely no use unless you go grinding for a few hours. Let alone that they themselve can easily die to any 1 hit of the enemies whoch also makes the paralogues extremely frustrating. I think it isnt too bad for some of them to be accessable only in the lategame, but my units are mostly around the promoted level 5 and I still couldnt tackle any of the paralogues I unlocked, being Nahs, Severas, Yarnes, Inigos ans Cynthia. So my idea would be to pick 2 or 3 paralogues and adjust their enemy levels to that of chapter 14, then another 2 or 3 and adjust them to chapter 15 etc. That would enable a ateady flow of new units, especially usefull for an ironman, but also an easy source of training for the child units who otherwise would need an excessive amount of risenfarming. But that is only my idea, maybe you got a better one. And for chapter 17: yeah, I am definately soft locked there, without any risenfarming I personally cannot do it. The enemies have 35 attack and the mages 40 magic attack, which makes any combo of attacks on every single units a guaranteed kill. And aside from robin not even one of my units can one turn them. I will prolly go back to it in a few days, but for now its kinda the end for me.

P.s.: but generally a HUGE thanks to you, it is an extremely fun balance patch to play and the amount of work you put in is also insane. You definately have my respect foe that.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Did you use 0 second seals? Usually my playthroughs have 1 or 2 carry units by then who can take on a couple enemies. 

I had some free time so I tried lowering the children paralogue levels. Not sure how much this will help but it should make them a bit more accessible.

v4.16

Lowered all enemy levels in children paralogue by 2. Lowest level paralogue has Lv16 unpromoted enemies which is Chapter 13 level, and highest level paralogue has Lv4 promoted enemies, which is Chapter 18 level.

Edited by windypanda1

The main problem with the children paralogues arent really their level, atleat not for all of them, but their weapons. In most paralogues every weapon has atleast +3might, which makes the enemies promoted level 5, with stats that are similar to those of mine if not even a bit worse, but the masses of enemies with +3 or +4 silver weapons make it so even my tankiest units only take 3 hits at max. And magicusers are even more of a problem then. A few are doable, I might have a chance of being able to do Noires chapter if Im having a lot of luck and Morgans chapter was also doable, because those were really low leveled enemies, but most others I have unlocked dont really seem doable at chapter 17 for now, be it because of their levels, weapons or the maplayout. But aside from that: how do I update my game withthe newest patch? Do I simply patch the .3ds file like I did before, delete the game on my 3ds and install the newly patched cia? Or is there an easier way?

35 minutes ago, Darkshadow1523 said:

The main problem with the children paralogues arent really their level, atleat not for all of them, but their weapons. In most paralogues every weapon has atleast +3might, which makes the enemies promoted level 5, with stats that are similar to those of mine if not even a bit worse, but the masses of enemies with +3 or +4 silver weapons make it so even my tankiest units only take 3 hits at max. And magicusers are even more of a problem then. A few are doable, I might have a chance of being able to do Noires chapter if Im having a lot of luck and Morgans chapter was also doable, because those were really low leveled enemies, but most others I have unlocked dont really seem doable at chapter 17 for now, be it because of their levels, weapons or the maplayout. But aside from that: how do I update my game withthe newest patch? Do I simply patch the .3ds file like I did before, delete the game on my 3ds and install the newly patched cia? Or is there an easier way?

I swear there's an easier way to do it, just by replacing mod files in a seperate folder and keeping the rom vanilla. I don't have experience modding with a real 3DS though so someone else is gonna have to pitch in.

Edited by windypanda1

More small tweaks while playtesting.

v4.17

1. General Speed Cap+2, Great Knight Speed Cap+1

These classes are intentionally slow but they feel screwed over in endgame content, so I decided to lift their speed caps a bit.

2. Chapter 15, 20 Siege Mages Mag-2

This is to compensate for the Mt+2 they get for A rank tome. They hit a bit too hard so I lowered their damage a bit.

3. Emmeryn Paralogue Adjusted

It is slightly easier now.

Edited by windypanda1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 3:48 PM, CaptainEXE said:

OK I figured out where I went wrong, I didn't make an extra folder to tell the 3DS to check there for the files. Is there any Read me or something where all the changes are piled together so I can read it all at once?

I'm gonna type up a quick mini guide on how to get it working on 3DS for anyone else trying that method:
Go to your SD card on a PC, go to Luma folder > go to titles > make a folder with the name being the game ID for Awakening, then inside that title ID folder make a new one called romfs and dump the RAR files for the hack in there. Then on Luma boot menu (by default you hold Select then power on the 3DS), enable game patching. Run game, enjoy hack.

I created an account just to say Thank you for the guide.

Saved me the hassle with Citra and all. 

Very much appreciated! Thank you again.

I've been thinking of replaying Awakening, which means revisiting this romhack.

For the next playthrough, I've been considering boosting the speed stats of player mages so they can function better as backline damage. However, I might tone down Dark Knight with it since I noticed it can become extremely powerful both offensively and defensively with enough speed. I'll have to mull over things a bit.

Besides that, my videos about patching 3DS roms and using Paragon Editor really blew up. I never knew that knowledge was so high in demand, wish I could have recorded them with a better mic. I'm glad they helped a lot of people though.

Edited by windypanda1

Rebalanced Awakening v4.18

1. Miriel, Ricken, Henry, Tharja, Lissa, Maribelle: Speed +1, Spd Growth +10%, HP Growth -10%

This change was made to help these characters serve as powerful backline support, especially in the mid-lategame where they may not have not garnered enough speed to double enemies. Instead, I sacrificed a bit of their HP.
This change could hopefully help you fit in more mages in your composition instead of relying on just 1 or 2 to do all your magic damage.

2. Dark Knight: Speed -1, Spd Growth -5%, Def -1, Mag +1

This change is made directly to counterbalance the above mage speed buff. Dark Knight can become extremely powerful both offensively and defensively once it hits doubling threshold, so I thought I'd watch out for that.

3. Lon'qu: All stats +1, Lv +1

Lon'qu has a solid niche as a speed pairup but struggles as an individual unit. Hopefully this change can help his viability.

Besides these changes, I fixed some discrepancies that formed between the original version and the Gay Awakening version, which may have occured due to a mistake. Also, I tried giving Taguels Bows but decided it didn't fit as naturally as I thought it would, so I scrapped it.

Download Link (Also in original post):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yiNGdnEq8eNoZKmx-vRhonqt-ylvsnts?usp=sharing

I put all the backups of previous versions I had into here. Maybe check them out.

Edited by windypanda1

• windypanda1 changed the title to [FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.18
  • 2 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 2:09 PM, MartianGatsby said:

I created an account just to say Thank you for the guide.

Saved me the hassle with Citra and all. 

Very much appreciated! Thank you again.

You're welcome, I had to come back cause I forgot how to apply the patch and your comment reminded me I typed up how to do it before haha

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got my old 3DS running again and happy to find this mod. Would it be possible to incorporate Same-Sex Marriage: E X P A N D E D into the gay awakening version?

Nevermind, after some difficulty extracting the romfs out of my game, I figured out Paragon and from that point it was fairly easy (though tedious).

If anyone else wants the merged file, I attached it.

romfs.rar

Edited by Schw4rztee

On 7/1/2023 at 3:33 PM, Schw4rztee said:

Recently got my old 3DS running again and happy to find this mod. Would it be possible to incorporate Same-Sex Marriage: E X P A N D E D into the gay awakening version?

Nevermind, after some difficulty extracting the romfs out of my game, I figured out Paragon and from that point it was fairly easy (though tedious).

If anyone else wants the merged file, I attached it.

romfs.rar 2.42 MB · 2 downloads

Ay, thanks for this. I've never actually finished a full run on gay awakening version.

I recently got my hands on a hacked 3DS, so I suppose I'll go for a playthrough on real hardware. Installing mods on 3ds is a LOT easier than expected, I put it on the original post if anyone needs it.

I'll post the expanded version on the gdrive once I confirm it's working, if that's ok with you.

Edited by windypanda1

On 7/7/2023 at 11:20 AM, windypanda1 said:

I'll post the expanded version on the gdrive once I confirm it's working, if that's ok with you.

Sure. I'm a slow player, so I still haven't fully confirmed it works without problems for myself and I probably won't be able to for a few months.

Rebalanced Awakening v4.19

1. Fixed bug in Chapter 7 Lunatic where enemies had much higher stats than they should

I was wondering why this chapter was so soul-crushingly difficult on Lunatic, then I went into the editor and saw that the enemy stats were the same as vanilla Lunatic. Oops. I did a quick check and no other chapters were like this.

2. Removed Gamble from enemy Barbarians at Chapters 1-10

Pretty annoying to deal with early crits when you have less means to deal with it in the early game, so I just removed the Gambles.

I uploaded the new versions in the drive. Gay Awakening compatibility version will now be Expanded Gay Awakening from now on since it would be pretty annoying to keep 3 versions updated, and the expanded one seems superior? A quick cheated playthrough showed there were no critical bugs from start to finish.

Edit: I fixed up the Gay Awakening version so there would be proper behavior in chapter 11, 13, 21, and Paralogue 012. Seems like you overwrote the expanded gay awakening script edits with my own, which caused the gay awakening script edits to not show up. Editing scripts are a bit more elaborate than using paragon so it's totally fine if you didn't know. The fixed version is up in the drive so please download that one instead of the one posted here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yiNGdnEq8eNoZKmx-vRhonqt-ylvsnts?usp=sharing

Edited by windypanda1

• windypanda1 changed the title to [FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.19

Fixed some Gay Awakening conversations not showing up, updated the drive. (It's the same version.)

I've been more focused on second gen this run and they seem pretty difficult to use in a no-grind playthrough. Unless both of the parents are snowballing, the child's bases seem to turn out low. I might try bumping up their base stats a bit.

v4.20

Bumped up all childrens' base stats slightly (should equate to around 2 per stat)

Edited by windypanda1

• windypanda1 changed the title to [FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.20

I've been playing this mod for a few weeks and I've been loving it. I've been beating everything I can and now that I'm so close to being done. The last thing I'm doing is running through the dlc and sad to see that lost bloodlines 3, rogues and redeemers (1-3) don't work but 21/25 is still a lot of content otherwise. Also prevents people from getting broken skills like paragon and limit breaker to breeze through the game

One of the things I saw people were saying was that darknight and dark fliers having dark magic was broken. It's not really broken because those classes have type effectiveness against them and you only have access to flux until ch 19. The other option is to summon bonus teams/streetpass to buy items or merchant Anna's. At that point the player is making them broken. Shadowgift at lvl 15 dark flier was a brilliant way around this. Now I can have dark knight dark magic Brady and they can have sorcerer only dark magic.

The buffs to characters like virion and ricken made me actually use them. I would generally bench them. This time they were on my lineup until mid to late game. I really enjoyed being careful with ricken to make sure he still had grafcalibur uses to handle fliers. It has 1 durability so if a merchant Anna appears with hammerne I can fix it. 

I encountered a bug that is so specific I don't believe anyone is going to encounter it unless they're are looking for it. I play on n3ds using luma to patch the game. On ch 20 if you close your 3ds and leave it for over 9 hours. Open it up and immediately press B + up left on your joystick the game will freeze. It sounds so funny but I tested it out 3 times and got it to freeze my game twice. The last time was on my sisters unmodded 3ds and it didn't work.

I went into this basically blind but I kept seeing small tweaks and major changes that kept me surprised and wanting to discover everything I could. Like when I saw that ricken has a personal tome or that Olivia can evolve into a Dreadfighter. My favorite was when I reclassed 3 units to dark fliers thinking I was about to break the game and then finding out that galeforced was moved. Now galeforce is for the boys since it's a Dread Fighter skill. I haven't tested this but it's funny they'll have Olivia's body.

I just read through almost all the comments and saw how much work you've put into this mod. I notice a few units handling better and then later seeing the changes written was such a cool experience. Thanks for this mod it was so much fun.

Hey, no idea if you actually already implemented something like this, but have you considered just...removing Dual Guard/Dual Strike entirely? They honestly add nothing to the game, the randomness of it is inherently bad and it either nets you kills and saves your ass despite a misplay, or gets you killed because a unit was overexposed to danger because of it. If there was some way to have it work like Fates that would be ideal, but just removing it entirely is better than nothing.

This does bring up the issue of Chrom and Lucina's starting skill, Dual Strike+ and Dual Guard+ from Great Knight.  Dual Support+ for Chrom and Lucina is probably the best option to keep the general theming, and it's not too strong of a skill. I'm honestly not sure about Great Knight though, I can't really think of anything. I mean, you've got Shadowgift in there, and it's the level 15 skill, so maybe Conquest? I'm not sure how useful that would be, it depends on the distribution of enemy effective weaponry lategame, and it probably shouldn't overshadow Aegis and Pavise considering Great Knight has to have certain trade offs for mobile tank status, that being having those 2 weaknesses in the first place. It's hard to tell if being able to shed their weakness lategame would be overpowered or not...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Edited by Lamenk

Hey everyone, just finished my RA playthrough on official hardware. With a couple bugfixes, everything worked fine. It was really a joy to revisit the game and look back on what efforts I put into making this mod. I think the game really picks up from Chapter 17 onwards, you get to fight a gauntlet of really tough enemies as you hang on by a thread with your party members. I almost want to make the early game easier just so I can access this part more quickly.

Spoiler

1968649767_IMG_2230(1)(1).thumb.jpg.83e9b23ab0fadd2e26858764b38ed266.jpg

2099763240_IMG_2263(1)(1).thumb.jpg.cacaffe6ca9b37ddb2956c7785551421.jpg

Here are the last couple of tweaks I wanted to squeeze in before I (most likely) go on hiatus again.

v4.21

1. Enemy-only weapons (Barrier Sword, Barrier Axe, Jousting Lance, Fenrir) buffed
They are fun novelty but fall short of actually doing much to the player. I made them more accurate / hit harder.

2. Meteor, Bolting reduced to 3 uses
Most enemy meteor/boltings are droppable to encourage you to defeat the enemies holding them instead of draining their uses from faraway. However, I think 5 uses is a bit too generous.

3. Shockstick held by Falcon Knight is now dropped in Chapter 16
Bolt Axe is droppable in Ch21 so why not.

4. Chapter 22 enemy equip skills slightly improved, War Cleric AI fixed to not charge at you by herself
This chapter is one of my favorites, hope you enjoy it as well.

5. Playable Gangrel Avoid+10 replaced with Despoil, Underdog replaced with Rally Spectrum
This is an attempt to give him a bit of a better niche as an endgame buffer.

Notable to mention here that all paralogues for the super-units are unlocked after beating Chapter 25, regardless of whether you installed DLC.
If you're looking for a bit of extra content before beating Grima, you can try out these ones. Emmeryn especially comes with an absolutely insanely busted personal tome that you can mess around with. (Lissa can use it too)
I consider Priam's chapter the Apotheosis of this mod with every enemy capped and spamming rallies.

6. Playable Aversa Rally Speed replaced with Lifetaker
Gangrel's taking over as the buffer, so I changed this to Lifetaker which has good synergy with her Galeforce.

7. Lissa Barbarian Reclass changed back to Troubadour
It was funny for a while but I'm returning it to how it should be.

14 hours ago, CaptainUberDong said:

I've been playing this mod for a few weeks and I've been loving it. I've been beating everything I can and now that I'm so close to being done. The last thing I'm doing is running through the dlc and sad to see that lost bloodlines 3, rogues and redeemers (1-3) don't work but 21/25 is still a lot of content otherwise. Also prevents people from getting broken skills like paragon and limit breaker to breeze through the game

One of the things I saw people were saying was that darknight and dark fliers having dark magic was broken. It's not really broken because those classes have type effectiveness against them and you only have access to flux until ch 19. The other option is to summon bonus teams/streetpass to buy items or merchant Anna's. At that point the player is making them broken. Shadowgift at lvl 15 dark flier was a brilliant way around this. Now I can have dark knight dark magic Brady and they can have sorcerer only dark magic.

The buffs to characters like virion and ricken made me actually use them. I would generally bench them. This time they were on my lineup until mid to late game. I really enjoyed being careful with ricken to make sure he still had grafcalibur uses to handle fliers. It has 1 durability so if a merchant Anna appears with hammerne I can fix it. 

I encountered a bug that is so specific I don't believe anyone is going to encounter it unless they're are looking for it. I play on n3ds using luma to patch the game. On ch 20 if you close your 3ds and leave it for over 9 hours. Open it up and immediately press B + up left on your joystick the game will freeze. It sounds so funny but I tested it out 3 times and got it to freeze my game twice. The last time was on my sisters unmodded 3ds and it didn't work.

I went into this basically blind but I kept seeing small tweaks and major changes that kept me surprised and wanting to discover everything I could. Like when I saw that ricken has a personal tome or that Olivia can evolve into a Dreadfighter. My favorite was when I reclassed 3 units to dark fliers thinking I was about to break the game and then finding out that galeforced was moved. Now galeforce is for the boys since it's a Dread Fighter skill. I haven't tested this but it's funny they'll have Olivia's body.

I just read through almost all the comments and saw how much work you've put into this mod. I notice a few units handling better and then later seeing the changes written was such a cool experience. Thanks for this mod it was so much fun.

Hey, thanks for enjoying my mod, I really appreciate it! DLC content is mostly out of scope for this project (since I don't use them), and that probably won't change.

11 hours ago, Lamenk said:

Hey, no idea if you actually already implemented something like this, but have you considered just...removing Dual Guard/Dual Strike entirely? They honestly add nothing to the game, the randomness of it is inherently bad and it either nets you kills and saves your ass despite a misplay, or gets you killed because a unit was overexposed to danger because of it. If there was some way to have it work like Fates that would be ideal, but just removing it entirely is better than nothing.

This does bring up the issue of Chrom and Lucina's starting skill, Dual Strike+ and Dual Guard+ from Great Knight.  Dual Support+ for Chrom and Lucina is probably the best option to keep the general theming, and it's not too strong of a skill. I'm honestly not sure about Great Knight though, I can't really think of anything. I mean, you've got Shadowgift in there, and it's the level 15 skill, so maybe Conquest? I'm not sure how useful that would be, it depends on the distribution of enemy effective weaponry lategame, and it probably shouldn't overshadow Aegis and Pavise considering Great Knight has to have certain trade offs for mobile tank status, that being having those 2 weaknesses in the first place. It's hard to tell if being able to shed their weakness lategame would be overpowered or not...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I do definitely prefer the Fates pair-up system, but I have next to zero clue on how to change the Dual Guards / Dual Strikes system. Implementing those would be in the territory of editing the game code itself instead of changing a 0 to a 1 for example, so I don't think I can or will do this unless someone else comes up with a solution.

Edited by windypanda1

• windypanda1 changed the title to [FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.21
12 hours ago, Lamenk said:

56 minutes ago, windypanda1 said:

I do definitely prefer the Fates pair-up system, but I have next to zero clue on how to change the Dual Guards / Dual Strikes system. Implementing those would be in the territory of editing the game code itself instead of changing a 0 to a 1 for example, so I don't think I can or will do this unless someone else comes up with a solution.

I was playing the rebalance mod in combination with this one, and while there are some issues (like Chrom's support skill), it solved the randomness problem.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I was playing the rebalance mod in combination with this one, and while there are some issues (like Chrom's support skill), it solved the randomness problem.

I saw this, I just think it's skewed too heavily in favor of the player. I did see Super Nerfed Pair Up, which does remove Dual Guard/Strike, but it also adds a bunch of other unwanted effects unfortunately. I like Pair Up by itself, especially rebalanced to not give you a ton of stats. I'm gonna see if it's possible at all to isolate just that effect in the code patch, and then just edit Chrom and Lucina's skills in a save editor I guess.

Edited by Lamenk