[FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.21

windypanda1

52 minutes ago, windypanda1 said:

I've been working on trying to make bows viable but nothing has had much of an impact so far. I will try playing around with 1-2 range bows. 

One way to make bows viable is to make them the best 2-range option; by nerfing hand axes, (Adding more weight and/or reducing might)  and other 1-2 range weapons and giving bows a high mt, they basically can have the exclusive ability to delete from 2 range, at least from a physical perspective. They still might be bad, but their niche can become more valuable.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

One way to make bows viable is to make them the best 2-range option; by nerfing hand axes, (Adding more weight and/or reducing might)  and other 1-2 range weapons and giving bows a high mt, they basically can have the exclusive ability to delete from 2 range, at least from a physical perspective. They still might be bad, but their niche can become more valuable.

Magic is very very solid in this game and on the physical side, bows are already the best in 2 range because Javelins have 2 Mt while Hand Axes have 3.

An interesting thought is giving the Javelins/Hand Axes a sense of weapon weight by giving them a speed penalty and buffing their Mt, like some of the classic games. A simpler solution would be just buffing Bow Mt. However, even this will not change much because bow availibility is incredibly low so most units won’t get to use bows even if they wanted to. The game gives you 1 base archer and multiple archer reclasses on Mages which is suboptimal. Something I can try is giving cavaliers a bow knight reclass option over great knight. 

Edited by windypanda1

Hey, I'm releasing a patch to balance archers which I have tested to be pretty solid. I like this iteration better because it is very simple while granting a pretty hefty buff to archers which makes them feel considerably better to use. I suppose this is v2.5. 

New Changes: 

Archer class base speed +1

All bows Mt+3 (enemy archer strength has been adjusted accordingly so they are not too strong)

Deletions:

Longbow Reverted to original stats

Deleted the free longbow in paralogue 2

Virion reverted to original bases

I will probably finish this playtest, iron out a few more changes, definitely delete some unnecessary changes, and then (finally) publish this on more forums/advertise it more aggressively. Just laying low for now. 

Edited by windypanda1

I've took my time to play through all the GBA games, and now it's time to return to this hack. I've gone through what changes I've made so far, and made some minor changes this time around for v2.6.

1. Donnel Base stats buffed by HP+1, Str+2, Skl+2, Spd+2, Lck-3, Def+2 -> HP+1, Str+2, Skl+2, Spd+2, Def+2

I initially nerfed Donnel's Luck because he was capping luck way too early, but I thought it was just unnecessary to take that away from him. 

2. Flavia reclasses: Wyvern Rider, Knight -> Wyvern Rider, Myrmidon

I thought it would be better to give Flavia a sword-focused reclass like how I did with Basilio.

3. Ricken now comes with a personal tome Grafcalibur

I finally figured out how to assign a personal tome to Ricken. Make the tome Walhart only, and fix Ricken to be able to use Walhart-only weapons. Not foolproof, but it works. I also buffed the durability to 30 -> 40.

4. Clarified that all Rout Maps have been changed to Defeat the Boss

I forgot to update it in the documentation.

5. Clarified that Boss changes in Chapter 15, 17, and 20 are Siege tomes

Yes, the Bosses in those chapters will now have Siege tomes named Bolting, Meteor, and Blizzard. I thought it was kinda stupid to keep it secret so here it is. 

I will playtest this hack another time to iron it out, and then I will release it in other forums for real this time, lol. I don't know if I can repost this project on Serenesforest but I will if I can. 

Edit: I also nerfed Enemy Dark Mage's magic growth so their magic stat is not too overtuned. 

Edited by windypanda1

I made 2 more fine tunes that I will just add to v2.6.

1. Prevents Ephraim's Lance from appearing in a shiny tile. 

Shiny tiles are supposed to have only common drops now, and I left it behind on accident.

2. Enemy Snipers get a little extra strength growth.

Late-game enemy snipers were reaching abysmal levels of strength. I needed to change that. 

Hey, I made a few more tweaks for v2.7.

1. Holy weapons durability buffed to 15 -> 25 uses

15 durability is balanced since I am freeing all of the holy weapons in chapter 22, but they felt very unsatisfying to use because of of their low durability.

2. Fixed a bug where two Bovis appears in chapter 22

Self-explanatory.

3. Pure water buffed to give 5 -> 7 Res

I totally forgot this item existed. Ward staff got buffed so this deserves one as well.

HOTFIX: fixed enemy Bow Knights having too low Str at high levels

Edited by windypanda1

Hey, v3.0 is out. There is only 1 change I wanted to make but I thought it was significant enough that I decided it deserved to be called v3.0.

1. All player-available classes HP buffed by 5

Through multiple playtests and player feedback, I have come to the conclusion that players and enemies in this hack are lacking a lot of HP. Miriel for example risk getting OHKOed by nearly every hit in the midgame if she didn't get enough bulk level ups. I've seen Sages and Snipers enter lategame with less than 30 HP. I thought it was necessary for the HP stats to be bumped up a bit, and it turned out fine according to some playtesting. The hack is near its final stage at this point as there is nothing else I want to add or delete at this moment. 

I will be making some more adjustments along with some more playtesters' help for v3.1.

One thing I have already done is buffing Sully and Stahl. Their base stats have been increased by 1 each, and they start with D in both swords and lances. Hopefully this will help mitigate their poor damage and give them a more solid niche. 

Here are the changes for v3.1:

Buffed Sully and Stahl's base stats by +1, they start with D weapon ranks now

Sully and Stahl have been underperforming according to playtests, hopefully this will give them a less rougher start.

Beaststone Buff: Str +3/Skl +5/Spd+5/Lck+4/Def+1 --> Str+5/Skl+8/Spd+8/Lck+4/Def+4/Res+2

Beaststone+ Buff: Str+5/Skl+8/Spd+8/Lck+4/Def+4/Res+2 --> Str+7/Skl+10/Spd+10/Lck+4/Def+6/Res+4

Taguel class needs some serious buffing all around. 

I just finished posting the hack on gamebanana and FEUniverse. Unrelated to this hack, but now I am planning to create another hack that is the complete opposite of this one, an Apotheosis-style hack that fully embraces the brokenness of the game. It will be a hack where you will be actively encouraged to abuse the system to beat the game.

I'm at chapter 7  and the NPC priest survives the cutscene with 3 HP. Doesn't seem to actually break anything but its amusing to have a meat shield.

I kept him alive while playtesting to see what would happen; nothing does, unfortunately. Just a bit of fun to see him there 

Edited by WyvernNicola

On 4/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, Pokenar said:

I'm at chapter 7  and the NPC priest survives the cutscene with 3 HP. Doesn't seem to actually break anything but its amusing to have a meat shield.

Yeah haha. That is due to the recent global HP buff I gave. It's kinda funny so I left it in. If you are playtesting, I would appreciate it if you could leave some feedback here or in my FE discord: https://discord.gg/jFqXSTXxdh

Hello, for v3.2, I am addressing Dark Fliers and Nosferatu once again. This is experimental so I'm willing to quickly scrap the changes if it doesn't work. Please help me playtest!

Dark Flier Rework
Base stats: Mag+1 Def+1 Spd+1
Growth rates: Mag +5%
Max stats: Skl+1 Spd+1 Res+1

Lv.15 Skill: Galeforce -> Shadowgift

Nosferatu Rework
Price reverted to 980
Gives -5 Spd to user
Mt: 7 -> 5

Hi! It's been 1 hour and I already have a new patch ready. This idea started as a joke but I decided to actually go with it.

v3.3:

Dancer can promote into a new class called Dance Fighter
Base stats, Growth rates, Max stats are the same as Swordmaster. It also has the same model as an F!Swordmaster. Class is still able to use Dance. 
Skills: Astra, Galeforce

Edit: Found a bug in Chapter 12, included the fix in 3.3

Edited by windypanda1

Hey! Just wanted to say that I've really been enjoying the balancing choices made (even though I'm only on chapter 8 so far) with how it makes you stop and think, and not just incentivise grinding harder to bruteforce things like in vanilla Lunatic(+)

However, I've noticed a couple of bugs (I was playing on v3.1) - Paralogue 3 seems to crash upon loading the map, the pre-battle conversation works just fine, but if you skip it or finish the dialogue, the game just crashes. Additionally the "Renown Rewards" screen crashes either by entering "up" as soon as you get into the screen, or by scrolling to the "Beast Killer" reward at 400 renown.

Will retry with v3.31 and a fresh ROM to see if the same thing is happening, and I'll provide an update to see if that fixes things (else I might try a fresh save file) and I'll provide the crash dump/logs if it's still occurring then.

19 hours ago, Etlandis said:

Hey! Just wanted to say that I've really been enjoying the balancing choices made (even though I'm only on chapter 8 so far) with how it makes you stop and think, and not just incentivise grinding harder to bruteforce things like in vanilla Lunatic(+)

However, I've noticed a couple of bugs (I was playing on v3.1) - Paralogue 3 seems to crash upon loading the map, the pre-battle conversation works just fine, but if you skip it or finish the dialogue, the game just crashes. Additionally the "Renown Rewards" screen crashes either by entering "up" as soon as you get into the screen, or by scrolling to the "Beast Killer" reward at 400 renown.

Will retry with v3.31 and a fresh ROM to see if the same thing is happening, and I'll provide an update to see if that fixes things (else I might try a fresh save file) and I'll provide the crash dump/logs if it's still occurring then.

Hi,

were you playing on a European copy or playing on 3DS? I had these same issues myself (specifically with paralogue 3) but this wasn't the case with other playtesters as far as I know and I'm curious as to whether these conditions are the cause.

Hey! I'm playing on an American copy (Title ID: 00040000000A0500) using an Old 3DS XL via Luma's soft patching to replace things in LayeredFS - so it allows me to, for instance, remove the patch and verify that things are working as normal and then test with the patch.

Patching and then recompiling the rom lead to the same issue (and took a while since the 3DS isn't really known for download speeds) even with a fresh copy I grabbed off the e-shop.

Was that the only issue you ran into while playtesting? I could verify if I'm having any of the other issues as well.

If it helps, attached is the crash dump from my 3ds when the crash happens and the error messages

20210504_090329.jpg

crash_dump_00000002.dmp

6 minutes ago, Etlandis said:

Hey! I'm playing on an American copy (Title ID: 00040000000A0500) using an Old 3DS XL via Luma's soft patching to replace things in LayeredFS - so it allows me to, for instance, remove the patch and verify that things are working as normal and then test with the patch.

Patching and then recompiling the rom lead to the same issue (and took a while since the 3DS isn't really known for download speeds) even with a fresh copy I grabbed off the e-shop.

Was that the only issue you ran into while playtesting? I could verify if I'm having any of the other issues as well.

If it helps, attached is the crash dump from my 3ds when the crash happens and the error messages

20210504_090329.jpg

crash_dump_00000002.dmp 668 B · 0 downloads

Thanks for getting back to me! I believe the paralogue 3 issues is linked to LayeredFS on Luma as I am using the same method, and others playing on citra didn't have this occur. Aside from this, Renown and the DLC bugs (which are known, do not worry), there are no other crashes to worry about, but I thank you for the offer. 

Hey, thanks @WyvernNicola for the bugfixing help. 

Hello, some of you people who might have come over from Cyanyoh's stream. 

I realized the hack at this current state is a little easy, a lot easier than v1.0 actually. I noticed that the updated Paragon Editor can edit Lunatic Mode bonuses now, so I will be working on making a proper Lunatic Difficulty for this mode.

That issue happens because of one of the changes you made pertaining to those items, i assume. (I.E, that paralogue, or the table of renown, etc.)

What was all changed in that map?

Yes, I believe the renown bug is fixed now.

I made changes to Paralogue 3 so that the villagers just stand still instead of charging at the enemy. That is probably what is causing the error, so I can just scrap the change since it’s no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

@windypanda1 is this Patch known to have issues on Citra? Im getting into chapter 5 and Rickens Graphcalibur is just an Excalibur he cant even use, i also noticed early on that Robin still, in fact, had Veteran.

image.png

5 hours ago, Scarfo&(You) said:

@windypanda1 is this Patch known to have issues on Citra? Im getting into chapter 5 and Rickens Graphcalibur is just an Excalibur he cant even use, i also noticed early on that Robin still, in fact, had Veteran.

image.png

That is weird. There are no such issues on Citra or cartridge. Robin's veteran is supposed to be removed in Citra and cartridge as well.

Are you sure you copied all the files into the romfs when patching? 

Have you started this playthrough from a fresh save?

EDIT: I tested from the most recent patch. There should be no problem. Try referring to this guide: 

Edited by windypanda1