Why did it never occur to him?

James Marshall

I've been watching Lord of The Rings -Return of The King and something has been puzzling me. Here it is What do you think?

The Witch King is clearly very intelligence and is aware of the prophecy that no man can kill him

So why did it never occur to him that the legend either referred to man as A Race and he could have been killed by A Elf, A Dwarf, A Hobbit or A Half Elf or even A Immortal Being like Tom Bombadil or Goldberry or that it referred to man as A Gender and he could be killed by A Female?

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

It wasn't in the script. It might not have even happened in the book, and thus, they didn't put it in the film.

Ahahaha... ah.... I wish they really felt that way.

Funny enough, "man" in this case referred to both race and gender, since he was killed by a woman and a hobbit. 

It probably never occurred to him for the same reason it never occurred to Macbeth that someone delivered by a C-section would kill him; they misinterpreted the prophecy. The prophecy around the witch-king was even created because Tolkien read a certain Scottish play and thought that the "MacDuff was delivered by C-section" twist was a dumb twist. 

Edited by vanguard333

4 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

It wasn't in the script. It might not have even happened in the book, and thus, they didn't put it in the film.

I dabbled a little in LotR lore a long time ago, but I remember it does happen in the book. Of course, in said book, the dagger the Hobbit stabbed him with was specifically made to kill wraiths, so that may have something to do with it.

Edited by L3xandr3
Typo