Pros and cons for your most wanted

Perkilator

Just as the title says. What are pros and cons (along with some iffy stuff) related to your most wanted? For me:

Sora

Pros

• Disney actually shills out the Kingdom Hearts license to anyone willing to take it, with KH-related merch seeping out of every possible crevice in recent years for better or worse
  • Sora himself has plenty of original material that make a full Challenger Pack with no Disney presence
    • Original special attacks
    • Original characters for a Spirit Board
  • Kingdom Hearts is all about going to different worlds in general, so Sora would fit like a glove in Smash
  • 5 KH games came out on Nintendo consoles:
    • The original Chain of Memories (GBA)
    • 358/2 Days (DS)
    • Re:Coded (DS)
    • Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
    • Melody of Memory (Switch)
  • Sora has crossed over in other Square Enix and Disney games
    • World of Final Fantasy
    • Disney Emoji Blitz
    • Disney Tsum Tsum
    • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
    • Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Iffy

• Sora's Kingdom Key has a Mickey Mouse emblem on it; it can easily be replaced, but it's such a miniscule detail that it's hard to notice even in gameplay
  • Would Donald and Goofy, at the very least, be Spirits? Or will they not appear at all? The KH versions are wildly different from how everyone knows them in their normal portrayals; so wildly that one could technically see them as KH original characters
  • Would Sora's Smash appearance somehow be canon to the KH storyline? Nomura is known for making everything canon in KH, but the crossover appearances he has made weren't canon at all

Cons

• Sora is a wildly divisive character; both within and outside the KH fanbase
  • Sora was a limited-time DLC in WoFF, and then removed after the chance to get him passed by
  • Furthermore, he makes no appearance in WoFF Maxima whatsoever
  • Being owned by Disney, he's...bound to be slammed by arguments against him that mention controversial things Disney has done despite most of it being completely irrelevant to Kingdom Hearts, let alone Sora
  • Possible backlash would flow in about a Disney crossover character featuring none of Disney's characters with him
  • Haley Joel Osment, Sora's English voice actor, is a high-profile celebrity. So Nintendo of America may not want to pay royalties for him.

Krystal

Pros

• Enduring popularity
  • Cute and sexy
  • Potential staff-centric moveset, offering novelty

Iffy

• Major furry fandom symbol...including the less family-friendly side of the fandom
  • Represents Star Fox Adventures

Cons

• Divisive within the Star Fox fandom
  • Hasn't been seen in an actual Star Fox game in over ten years, making some view her as "irrelevant"

Crash Bandicoot

Pros:

• Gaming icon.
  • Icon of the 1990s decade with Mario and Sonic.
  • Very popular, and has stood the test of time.
  • Good potential for a moveset.
  • Lots of material to draw from for music, stages, Assist Trophies and Spirits, etc.

Iffy:

• Since there's lots of material to draw from, they could potentially take stuff from the...not-so-good Crash games.
  • Many still consider him a more PlayStation-centric character, despite actually being 3rd-party and despite Cloud's and Snake's inclusions already.

Cons: Honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of anything.

----------------

Lyn

Pros:

• Consistently one of the most popular and highly-requested FE characters.
  • Potential for a more unique moveset involving bows.
  • The west's Marth, as it were.
  • A Fire Emblem icon.
  • Female.
  • Honestly should have already been a playable character a couple Smash games ago.

Cons:

• Another Fire Emblem character.
  • Uses swords as well as bows, so could be seen as another anime sword person.

Shantae

Pros:

• I like her
  • She uses her hair to fight, offering more novelty
  • Great potential and variety for her movesets, including quick animal transformation forms of attack
  • Also, she's a genie so she can use magic
  • She can dance
  • I think she's cute and adorable
  • She's not light skin and she's also a female.
  • I really like her

Iffy

• She might not be the most appropriate character for young kids... but Bayonett made it so...
  • Spirit stickers for her series already exist, including herself.

Con

• She comes from a small series that isn't really super popular

-----------------------

Hatsune Miku

Pros:

• Because she Hatsune Miku and I saw a picture of her.
  • She's adorable

Iffy:

• I don't know how the moveset would work, but Wii Fit trainner was added so it will work somehow
  • She's really not a videogame character, but... she would be someone no one would except and Masahiro Sakurai does like choosing characters no one would expect

Con:

• She's not really a videogame character

Mike Jones

Pros:

• He count as a Retro Character.
  • He is part of Nintendo franchise.
  • He would probably work better than Link since he has multiple items to use than the usual three items that Link used such as the Bomb, Boomerang, and Bow & Arrow.
  • He would most likely be the first Super Smash Bros. fighter that never had his games released in the Japanese Market if he gets in Ultimate. It be similar to like how Marth and Roy were handled in the West when they did get recognized to the Super Smash Bros. series since 2001 and got the later Fire Emblem titles came to the West.
  • His two games did get rereleased in the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console while StarTropics 1 was been rereleased in NES Classic edition and NES Online while Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II isn't in NES Online yet.

Iffy:

• He didn't make any cameos in other Nintendo games. (I do want him in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) His two games did get mentioned in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in the Chronicle List.

Con:

• Since his two video games weren't released in Japanese Market for the Famicom system nor gotten rereleased in Virtual Console in the Japanese side. But, I did saw there's some Japanese players got to play StarTropics in the NES Online since it's region-lock free. (I'm pretty sure Sakuria probably did saw some votes for Mike Jones from StarTropics in the Fighter Ballot for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U back at 2015 and Nintendo might have taken a look at the Ballot requests to pick out which characters to use and say it to Sakurai to make them happen.)
Edited by King Marth 64

Pyra/Mythra

Pros:

• Has the potential to bring alot of diversity from their source
  • Xenoblade 2 was very popular
  • A good reason to add in another Xeno character
  • Gorgeous designs, of course!
  • I think they could add alot of "life" to the cast

Cons:

• The censorship could be an issue, as they want to keep the game E10+ for a reason 
  • others don't want more sword users
  • would be hard to justify without having Rex along as well

Yuri Lowell

Pros:

• Easily can fit into the Smash world
  • Is a Namco character, meaning no issues with adding him
  • amazing moveset potential with all the artes he has
  • is very well known from his series
  • low chance of him being cloned off of another character

Cons:

• his language would sadly, need to be toned down, as Smash is a family game
  • Sword user, blah blah blah

9 hours ago, Clear World said:

Shantae

Con

• She comes from a small series that isn't really super popular

Since when? Pirate's Curse, Half-Genie Hero, and Seven Sirens all sold like hotcakes, she's crossed over with Master Blaster, and she gets plenty of fan art.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

would be hard to justify without having Rex along as well

Well there's an easy way to fix that one 😀

Rex + Pyra and Mythra

Pros:
- More representation for Xenoblade which has steadily grow into one of Nintendo's bigger rpg series. 
- Xenoblade 2 solidified this transformation into a major franchise and thus it deserves its due
- A unique moveset about switching between the blades
- More Xenoblade 2 music. 
- Rehabilitation for Rex. The poor boy gets more flack then he deserves so perhaps some Smash appeal will help improve his reputation.
- The chance to have ''Don't furget me!'' or ''Think you can take me!?'' as taunts. 

Iffy:
- Smash is for good boys and girls which makes the character designs of Pyra and Mythra somewhat problematic. You could argue even Rex has an overly fanservicy design.

Cons:
- Xenoblade 2 might deserve a rep due to its success but doing so would exclude Xenoblade X. One could very well argue that both the Chronicles and the X series deserve representation. 
- Rex and the girls would quickly gain the label of ''another anime swordsmen'' which could make a lot of people grumpy
- Rex is still a bit divisive for some weird reason

• 4 months later...

The boyfriend from Friday night funkin

PROS 

Would have a bunch of new music

and maybe a cool new stage that could work like minecraft world

IFFY

would be a great pick unless he holds a mic as a weapon for the whole match

Would be annoying to here say BEEP for all his moves

Don't know what his moveset would be

CONS

idk