Lysithea's Gambit - SRPG Studio Project (In Progress)

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, how far along is Edelgard in her efforts to destroy the nobility and the crest system here? Are they gone yet? Because if so, I think I know who I want to nominate unless I can nudge you to make Dorothea x Edelgard canon in this game, of course.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s the system every game uses except for Three Houses and Echoes, if you’re curious.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! That helps to know 3H's system is the less common of the two.

34 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Byleth got the class "omniscient" which allows him to use swords and staves. Also I'll make him become a rather bulky but rather slow unit not to let him ORKO everything which stands on his way.

So a sword/support class along the lines of Enlightened One. That sounds like a good way for him to stay balanced while still fulfilling the Jeigan role. Definitely agree with bumping his speed down a bit so he's not quite the doubling machine he is in 3H.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, how far along is Edelgard in her efforts to destroy the nobility and the crest system here? Are they gone yet? Because if so, I think I know who I want to nominate unless I can nudge you to make Dorothea x Edelgard canon in this game, of course.

Ohh yeah, are we still supposed to be nominating characters? I completely forgot about that part. I think I've got an idea too if Edelgard and Hubert are both in.

Also, joking aside, I kinda like the idea of keeping Edelgard single if she doesn't marry Byleth. She doesn't seem all that interested in marriage aside from with Byleth, and she even says she'd rather appoint a successor to the throne instead of having a child. And I ship Dorothea x Petra.

18 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Also, joking aside, I kinda like the idea of keeping Edelgard single if she doesn't marry Byleth. She doesn't seem all that interested in marriage

Dorothea Support:

Spoiler
  • Dorothea: Eh, don't worry too much about it, Edie. I'd guess romance isn't really something you're interested in anyway.
  • Edelgard: I'm not completely disinterested.
  • Dorothea: Oh, yeah? Is there someone you have your eye on?
  • Edelgard: Hmm... To be honest, there's nothing resembling romance in my life at present. It's not that I'm disinterested. I'm simply too busy with other endeavors. I have no time to spare for such things.

Seems pretty on the nose that it’s saying the only thing stopping her is being busy with... well, her plot stuff. And having to marry for political purposes, but that literally doesn’t matter in this game. xD

Of course there’s the obvious:

Spoiler
  • Dorothea: That's no way to talk. You meet the right person and boom! You'll have passion to spare. Could be someone you've just met, or someone you've known your whole life... There's no telling how life will go. Something could even spark between the two of us!
  • Edelgard: You and I? Now that is an entertaining thought. If such an exciting future is in store, I look forward to it!
  • Dorothea: Oh yeah? That's awfully sweet of you, Edie.

as you’ve probably come to expect from all of us Dorothea and Edelgard shippers.

25 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

and she even says she'd rather appoint a successor to the throne instead of having a child.

I think that’s purely because she thinks power shouldn’t be birthright.

Besides, considering how behind Fodlan is, her bloodline won’t be continuing if she’s with Dorothea anytime soon.

25 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

And I ship Dorothea x Petra.

Me too...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Me too...

Are you implying what I think you're implying...?

Edelgard x Dorothea x Petra?

But to get back on topic, if we're still nominating characters, then I'd like to cast my vote for Lorenz. My main reason being that, much like Lysithea herself, he's an Alliance noble who supported the Empire in the war. And as the leader of House Gloucester, he and Lysithea likely know each other very well and would come to each other's aid if attacked. My other reason, of course, is Thyrsus. Assuming he doesn't get a unique class, he'd be a Dark Knight who uses lances (Arrow of Indra, maybe?) and tomes.

I think Claude would be cool because he tells you that if you spare him he’ll help you out or something along those lines, AND NEVER DOES ANYTHING. Plot twist: he comes with Almyra and they’re fighting TWSITD.

3 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Are you implying what I think you're implying...?

Edelgard x Dorothea x Petra?

No, I just think a lot of characters go good with other characters. The Edelgard pairing is the top, but I also think she’s fantastic with Linhardt and Petra.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No, I just think a lot of characters go good with other characters. The Edelgard pairing is the top, but I also think she’s fantastic with Linhardt and Petra

Ah, I'm typically more of a "one pairing per character" kind of shipper. Only exceptions for me are Byleth (Edelgard and Dimitri on their respective routes) and Marianne (Hilda and Lorenz).

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think Claude would be cool because he tells you that if you spare him he’ll help you out or something along those lines, AND NEVER DOES ANYTHING. Plot twist: he comes with Almyra and they’re fighting TWSITD.

Oh, that's an interesting idea! Might feel a bit weird having two of the 3H lords fighting on the same side, but it would make perfect sense especially when you remember Edelgard's paralogue when she talks about opening up Fódlan's borders to Almyra.

Ah, I'm typically more of a "one pairing per character" kind of shipper. Only exceptions for me are Byleth (Edelgard and Dimitri on their respective routes) and Marianne (Hilda and Lorenz).

All of these pairings are good. Nice job.

I can’t reserve each character for one pairing, but that might be because I don’t particularly partake in fanfiction of ships or fan art or anything like that. I just think “oh that’s a good pairing! Maybe I’ll pair them up one play through!” and that’s that. If I had to pick one, supreme pairing though, it would probably be Edelgard/Dorothea.

Oh, that's an interesting idea! Might feel a bit weird having two of the 3H lords fighting on the same side, but it would make perfect sense especially when you remember Edelgard's paralogue when she talks about opening up Fódlan's borders to Almyra.

Claude’s and Edelgard’s goals are somewhat similar, so if he’s left alive, I could see him slipping back into Fodlan after the war ends (the empire’s war on the church), not giving up. Or maybe he could just be a green unit and bring us Judith or something.

Actually, was she in that battle?

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Claude’s and Edelgard’s goals are somewhat similar, so if he’s left alive, I could see him slipping back into Fodlan after the war ends (the empire’s war on the church), not giving up. Or maybe he could just be a green unit and bring us Judith or something.

Actually, was she in that battle?

Judith died in the Great Bridge of Myrddin battle, but Claude could always show up as a green unit with some Almyran Wyvern Riders instead.

a very little extract

Ingame conversations are done, just have to add premap and aftermap commentary. Still need fix a few things in the prolog - which is a defend / rout mission btw - because a few event dont trigger as they should for me. Also Lysithea will start with all magic types and staves and learn sword once she's promoted. Byleth starts as a myrmidon (no lord). Of course I will remove the used BGM once this is published.

Edit: Could anyone give me the year when Three Houses ended because I need it for the map commentary.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

a very little extract

Ingame conversations are done, just have to add premap and aftermap commentary.

Still need fix a few things in the prolog - which is a defend / rout mission btw - because a few event dont trigger as they should for me.

Also Lysithea will start with all magic types and staves and learn sword once she's promoted.

Byleth starts as a myrmidon (no lord).

Of course I will remove the used BGM once this is published.

Looks like it's coming along pretty nicely! I like how you fixed Byleth's face for his portrait. Just softening his features a bit made all the difference, he looks much less angry than he did in 3H. I can't wait to see how the "Death Knight" plays into the story too. Some kind of TWSITD-made copy, I'm guessing.

Btw, just a random thought I had yesterday, but what if to show that she's completely done with TWSITD, Edelgard no longer uses Aymr? Instead she replaces it with Hauteclere like Brave Edelgard in FEH. Aside from the symbolism, taking away Raging Storm also means she won't break the game with Galeforce shenanigans.

Here's the content and story of the prolog:

As for the final "DK" fight: Dark Spikes gives nullify to Lysithea which means the DK cannot crit her.

The opponent will always go for the unit on the throne unless the way is blocked, so placing her on the throne (which gives defense boost) will prevent an eventual death to a crit.

Of course some fixes still must be done in gameplay and story aspects (noticed a few spelling and grammar errors)

Biggest issue is in 6:41.

Unfortunately Byleth dies and causes a Game Over.

So the dialoges after this battle arent shown......which actually might be for the best. 😉

Do not want to tell too much yet.

Music will be removed / resampled once this becomes official.

Same goes for battle sprites and animations which will be done at last.

@RainbowMoon

I could do it.

Alternative would be keeping her in the Emperor Class and giving her a wyvern with the option of dismounting.

The class would be similar to Ashnard's, just being armored instead of infantry.

15 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Here's the content and story of the prolog:

Of course some fixes still must be done in gameplay and story aspects (noticed a few spelling and grammar errors)

Biggest issue is in 6:41.

Unfortunately Byleth dies and causes a Game Over.

So the dialoges after this battle arent shown......which actually might be for the best. 😉

Do not want to tell too much yet.

Music will be removed / resampled once this becomes official.

Same goes for battle sprites and animations which will be done at last.

I'll admit I chuckled a little at Byleth using words like "badass". He's certainly come a long way from his favorite word being "..."

The story looks great so far! TWSITD's really stepping up their game, did they just give Ladislava the Nemesis treatment?

23 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I could do it.

Alternative would be keeping her in the Emperor Class and giving her a wyvern with the option of dismounting.

The class would be similar to Ashnard, just being armored instead of infantry.

My idea was mainly just giving her a different weapon, no changes to her class. Having a dismount option would be nice if that's something you want to do, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as she's got flight, she's pretty much set.

Spoiler

bad ending

Spoiler

"good ending"

Spoiler

Fleche will be a playable character who will be deployed by Edelgard and Hubert to investigate the situation around Castle Ordelia. She leads an army with three completely new characters. 

Question: What class shall she be?

Idr if it was shown in the main game, but I thought about cavalier or wyvern rider.

The story looks great so far! TWSITD's really stepping up their game, did they just give Ladislava the Nemesis treatment?

Exactly!

Edit: Could anyone tell me on which date (year, month) the game (Crimson Flower route) ends, please?

6 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Could anyone tell me on which date (year, month) the game (Crimson Flower route) ends, please?

The Battle of the Tailtean Plains (second to last battle where Dimitri dies) happens on the 29th of the Great Tree Moon, Imperial Year 1186 I think. The final battle at Fhirdiad isn't given a date in-game, but I'd imagine it takes place a few days after Tailtean (2nd or 3rd of the Harpstring Moon, maybe?) given the distance between Tailtean and Fhirdiad. I can dig around and see if there's an official date though.

7 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Fleche will be a playable character who will be deployed by Edelgard and Hubert to investigate the situation around Castle Ordelia. She leads an army with three completely new characters. 

Question: What class shall she be?

Idr if it was shown in the main game, but I thought about cavalier or wyvern rider.

Closest thing to a canon class we see for her is when she attacks Dimitri with a knife on Azure Moon. From that, I'd say Assassin's your best bet. Her name means "arrow" in French though, so Sniper could be another way to go since we don't have a bow user yet.

31 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

The Battle of the Tailtean Plains (second to last battle where Dimitri dies) happens on the 29th of the Great Tree Moon, Imperial Year 1186 I think. The final battle at Fhirdiad isn't given a date in-game, but I'd imagine it takes place a few days after Tailtean (2nd or 3rd of the Harpstring Moon, maybe?) given the distance between Tailtean and Fhirdiad. I can dig around and see if there's an official date though.

Thanks, this is totally enough! Just needed the year for the intro commentary, will add it. Lysithea would be 23 then.

Closest thing to a canon class we see for her is when she attacks Dimitri with a knife on Azure Moon. From that, I'd say Assassin's your best bet. Her name means "arrow" in French though, so Sniper could be another way to go since we don't have a bow user yet.

True, I remember her assault on Dimitri. Since I start with first tier, I think she would start as a thief. Actually I have not added daggers in this game yet, and I cannot say right now if it is easily executable. If it should not, she will become an archer. She will be a lord (who must not die) for at least one mission.

I also think thief Fleche would work because she’s pretty obviously a child and thieves typically don’t do that much fighting. This takes place right after CF right?

9 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:
  Reveal hidden contents

bad ending

Reveal hidden contents

"good ending"

Looks like the prologue's just about ready to go! Just one minor detail (sorry if this sounds nitpicky), the intro's a little hard to read. The white letters blend into the background a bit.

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

True, I remember her assault on Dimitri. Since I start with first tier, I think she would start as a thief. Actually I have not added daggers in this game yet, and I cannot say right now if it is easily executable. If it should not, she will become an archer. She will be a lord (who must not die) for at least one mission.

Thief -> Sniper or Archer -> Sniper sounds like a nice progression for her. Daggers could work, but might be a bit awkward to include if we're sticking to 3H's classes for the most part.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I also think thief Fleche would work because she’s pretty obviously a child and thieves typically don’t do that much fighting. This takes place right after CF right?

She's not that young, I don't think. The game doesn't give her a specific age, but I'd say she's most likely a teenager in 3H. She looks a few years older than Flayn or pre-skip Lyssie, at least.

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

yes, two years after

It also could be one year, if it sounds more plausible for the plot.

17 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Looks like the prologue's just about ready to go! Just one minor detail (sorry if this sounds nitpicky), the intro's a little hard to read. The white letters blend into the background a bit.

I think it's hard to see the text because of the small screen (have no idea how to make YT videos since is has been the first time I ever did it just for this project). In the used action event command I can only set the speed (already used the slowest), but not changing the text colour. I guess this is not better:

Spoiler

Ni1vZIA.png?2

Thief -> Sniper or Archer -> Sniper sounds like a nice progression for her. Daggers could work, but might be a bit awkward to include if we're sticking to 3H's classes for the most part.

I have no idea how to introduce daggers, so I think thief sounds like a compromise solution.

8 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I think it's hard to see the text because of the small screen (have no idea how to make YT videos since is has been the first time I ever did it just for this project). In the used action event command I can only set the speed (already used the slowest), but not changing the text colour. I guess this is not better:

Reveal hidden contents

Ni1vZIA.png?2

Thanks, that's actually much easier to see! The darker background really helps. The pic of Lysithea with the hourglass fits the intro perfectly too!

Also, I just wanted to say I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this project. Lysithea's such a strong and engaging character in 3H and seeing her as the lord of her own story is basically a FE dream come true. You've really put your heart into this game, and I'd just like to say thanks for all the Lyssie fans out there who are sure to love it.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, RainbowMoon said:

Thanks, that's actually much easier to see! The darker background really helps. The pic of Lysithea with the hourglass fits the intro perfectly too!

Also, I just wanted to say I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this project. Lysithea's such a strong and engaging character in 3H and seeing her as the lord of her own story is basically a FE dream come true. You've really put your heart into this game, and I'd just like to say thanks for all the Lyssie fans out there who are sure to love it.

I appreciate it to hear these kind words, so thank you!

Still I'm a totaly newcomer, so don't expect too much of a high qualitative game.

Despite I'd love to execute all my gameplay ideas, most ideas will probably be only ideas.

Main important thing is to give Lysithea a fitting characterization and enough screentime.

Anyways I won't post in the days, since I want to 100% focus on the next chapter.

Already made the story script, but still need to make a decent map.

13 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Feedback regarding plot and characterization is appreciated.

I think you did an excellent job with both, the story's coming along great and you've really captured Lysithea's personality. Not even three Death Knights can get her to back down, that's Lyssie for sure! One thing I did notice was a few small typos in the dialogue, but other than that it looks like you're set for the prologue.

I fixed the text issues in chapter 1.

Actually I started to make the final chapter.

At least I know what to do for the end:

Spoiler
  • the entire Black Eagles cast will / shall join for the final
  • enemies
Spoiler

a "clone" of Dimitri and Claude among others

• This game will have two endings
Spoiler

The ending will affect the final boss. Lysithea will be corrupted by ???'s power (means becoming an enemy). You have the decision either to kill the final boss or Lysithea. Taking out the final boss will be harder for having higher stats, but killing him also will save Lysithea for the good ending. The issue might be that Lysithea will not be able to have the final kill, at least not from the gameplay aspect.

Map for chapter 1x

p5fNpXu.png?1
DL0LH7S.png?1

This chapter will become a simple seize map with Fleche's group who wants to check out Lysithea's and Byleth's remain in Ordelia's Castle

Spoiler

who will do it for nothing.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:44 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

the entire Black Eagles cast will / shall join for the final

Is Meteor (the spell) gonna be a thing in this game? Because if Dorothea's involved, having her as a siege mage (Gremory class) on the final map could be lots of fun.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:44 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

The ending will affect the final boss. Lysithea will be corrupted by ???'s power (means becoming an enemy). You have the decision either to kill the final boss or Lysithea. Taking out the final boss will be harder for having higher stats, but killing him also will save Lysithea for the good ending. The issue might be that Lysithea will not be able to have the final kill, at least not from the gameplay aspect.

Maybe as the final boss gets closer to dying, his control over Lysithea gets weaker and weaker until she can finally break free and deal the killing blow? Just a thought, no idea if it's actually possible or not.