Lysithea's Gambit - SRPG Studio Project (In Progress)

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Just a thought, no idea if it's actually possible or not.

I think you can have events triggered based on the percent of HP an enemy has left, but I've not tried to use it as a trigger yet. And if that doesn't work... Maybe the final boss could be kinda like a defense map, and the boss loses damage and stats over time, meaning that they'll be easier to deal damage to by turn, but if you survive long enough, you get the true ending? I dunno.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Is Meteor (the spell) gonna be a thing in this game? Because if Dorothea's involved, having her as a siege mage (Gremory class) on the final map could be lots of fun.

Long range magic including meteor is in this game.

Maybe as the final boss gets closer to dying, his control over Lysithea gets weaker and weaker until she can finally break free and deal the killing blow? Just a thought, no idea if it's actually possible or not.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

I think you can have events triggered based on the percent of HP an enemy has left, but I've not tried to use it as a trigger yet. And if that doesn't work... Maybe the final boss could be kinda like a defense map, and the boss loses damage and stats over time, meaning that they'll be easier to deal damage to by turn, but if you survive long enough, you get the true ending? I dunno.

It is definitely executable to someone switching sides or joining or leaving, if someone has left a certain amount / % of HP. This idea sounds good to me.

Made a few gameplay improvements:

• added a doubling system similar to the modern FE games (>3 speed difference required to double)
  • added double RNG (can't prove if it works because it's not visuable)
  • added obtainable skills and status items to 1x (Musse comes up with an energy drop, house in the top left drops a secretbook instead of a hammer formerly)
  • Fleche's Ladysword grants +2 def and res

The doubling system makes chapter 1 a bit harder now since Lysithea for having pursuit skill formerly can't double and ORKO all the generics anymore. Still she has a lot of chances to take these out before all the cavaliers appear. Keeping her on the throne - which is required for victory anyways - gives her enough defense to take up to three hits by the generics. 

In chapter 1x Fleche can't double all the enemies anymore, but in exchange nor the two myrmidons can, so no ally will get doubled.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

On 1/24/2021 at 12:01 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Long range magic including meteor is in this game.

Perfect! Meteor Dorothea's one of my favorite boss killers on CF. Flattening enemies from halfway across the map just never gets old, especially when you know they'll wreck you up close (RIP Dedue lol). I'm still disappointed that she's had two alts now in FEH and neither one gives her a siege spell. Making her second alt another dancer unit was such a cop-out imo (and my god that outfit, what the hell were they thinking? She looks like goddamn Rhajat).

Btw, I know you mentioned music in one of your previous posts, and I was wondering if you planned to use any of 3H's songs for the battle maps. If so, I think I know of a good one to use for the final boss.

20 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Perfect! Meteor Dorothea's one of my favorite boss killers on CF. Flattening enemies from halfway across the map just never gets old, especially when you know they'll wreck you up close (RIP Dedue lol). I'm still disappointed that she's had two alts now in FEH and neither one gives her a siege spell. Making her second alt another dancer unit was such a cop-out imo (and my god that outfit, what the hell were they thinking? She looks like goddamn Rhajat).

Long range magic will be executed as in traditional FE games (five uses and very heavy). Bolting, blizzard, purge and fenrir will be the spells for the other magic types.

In general the weapon system as entire gameplay will rather be traditional like the Tellius series or Thracia 776.

Btw, I know you mentioned music in one of your previous posts, and I was wondering if you planned to use any of 3H's songs for the battle maps. If so, I think I know of a good one to use for the final boss.

Chapter 1 had a map theme from Three Houses (just noticed the video was deleted, will reupload it). Actually my original plan was to use only music from Kirby to show how awesome Kirby music can be for a tactical game. Once the project is over, I will make my thoughts about a real soundtrack. Then again I have to sample due to copyrights, but if you have suggestions for themes, then feel free to share!

5 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Chapter 1 had a map theme from Three Houses (just noticed the video was deleted, will reupload it). Actually my original plan was to use only music from Kirby to show how awesome Kirby music can be for a tactical game. Once the project is over, I will make my thoughts about a real soundtrack. Then again I have to sample due to copyrights, but if you have suggestions for themes, then feel free to share!

I'd never thought about playing Fire Emblem to Kirby music before but now I might just have to try it! Warp-skipping CF's final map to Gourmet Race maybe?

I was thinking for the final chapter you could use A Funeral of Flowers, the final boss theme for Silver Snow. Here's the links to both the Rain and Thunder versions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaRibExiaA (Rain)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxDUGHp34Y (Thunder)

Spoilers if you haven't played Silver Snow:

Spoiler

It feels like a perfect fit for the final map you described since it's sort of reminiscent of Silver Snow's ending, where Rhea succumbs to her dragon madness, and based on Byleth's support rank with her, she either survives or has to be killed. I think Funeral's more somber tone would reflect the seemingly hopeless feeling of the battle, where at first it may look like Byleth, Edelgard and the other Black Eagles have no choice but to kill their friend. It also gives the song another chance to have a real emotional impact, this time where it's Lysithea's life that's on the line, as opposed to Rhea who many players (myself included) just never felt that attached to and had no second thoughts about offing.

Edited by RainbowMoon

7 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

I'd never thought about playing Fire Emblem to Kirby music before but now I might just have to try it! Warp-skipping CF's final map to Gourmet Race maybe?

Well, you actually did since chapter 1x only features music from Kirby. Honestly I wanted to bring not so popular music form Kirby. Apparently you didn't notice that the music in chapter 1x was from the Kirby series exclusively, so my plan worked in this regard. Gourmet Race - which I call as too popular honestly for myself - would be a good theme for turn limited mission because it gives time pressure. I have not made my plan what kind of mission objective the final chapter will be (techincally a defeat boss mission, but I could add a timer).

Spoiler

Maybe if the timer has been passed, Lysithea is so weak that she'll die, or the final boss has focussed its power so much that it'll be oneshot the entire party.

I was thinking for the final chapter you could use A Funeral of Flowers, the final boss theme for Silver Snow. Here's the links to both the Rain and Thunder versions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaRibExiaA (Rain)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxDUGHp34Y (Thunder)

These are decent enough themes.

Spoilers if you haven't played Silver Snow:

Reveal hidden contents

It feels like a perfect fit for the final map you described since it's sort of reminiscent of Silver Snow's ending, where Rhea succumbs to her dragon madness, and based on Byleth's support rank with her, she either survives or has to be killed. I think Funeral's more somber tone would reflect the seemingly hopeless feeling of the battle, where at first it may look like Byleth, Edelgard and the other Black Eagles have no choice but to kill their friend. It also gives the song another chance to have a real emotional impact, this time where it's Lysithea's life that's on the line, as opposed to Rhea who many players (myself included) just never felt that attached to and had no second thoughts about offing.

I have not played Silver Snow, and honestly never intend to do because all the lords are gone and instead I get a crappy replacement for chapter 13, and furthermore I don't like supporting the church.

11 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Well, you actually did since chapter 1x only features music from Kirby. Honestly I wanted to bring not so popular music form Kirby. Apparently you didn't notice that the music in chapter 1x was from the Kirby series exclusively, so my plan worked in this regard. Gourmet Race - which I call as too popular honestly for myself - would be a good theme for turn limited mission because it gives time pressure. I have not made my plan what kind of mission objective the final chapter will be (techincally a defeat boss mission, but I could add a timer).

I may have actually watched that one on mute/low volume since it was late at night. Sorry if I didn't hear the music because of that. I can definitely go back and give it a listen. I get what you're saying though, about bringing in some songs that aren't as "mainstream". Gourmet Race has a bit of a meme behind it, if I recall. So it makes sense why you'd want something fresh and a little less overdone.

11 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I have not played Silver Snow, and honestly never intend to do because all the lords are gone and instead I get a crappy replacement for chapter 13, and furthermore I don't like supporting the church.

Yeah, Silver Snow's a pretty terrible route imo. For starters, I can't stand the idea of directly supporting Rhea, knowing that so many of Fódlan's problems are ultimately her fault. Especially when the big choice is literally between her and Edelgard, my favorite lord and the one who promises to fix everything. Certainly doesn't help either that the route makes a complete waste of Dimitri, my other favorite lord. They even hint that he's still alive after Gronder, but he does nothing. Just one little scene that's never brought up again and then poof, he disappears from the story without a trace.

I haven't even played it for myself, to be completely honest. I just watched the entire route on YouTube to see how much I'd be missing out on. Overall, the only part that looks enjoyable is the final map. Half of that's because of the music and the other half's because the final boss is Rhea lol

Edited by RainbowMoon

Chapter 1 and 1EX

I still have to fix a few things.

The turncount for 1EX is too low, and I would like to unlock the "good" ending next time.

Can't believe  poison ruined the run.

13 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Yeah, Silver Snow's a pretty terrible route imo. For starters, I can't stand the idea of directly supporting Rhea, knowing that so many of Fódlan's problems are ultimately her fault. Especially when the big choice is literally between her and Edelgard, my favorite lord and the one who promises to fix everything. Certainly doesn't help either that the route makes a complete waste of Dimitri, my other favorite lord. They even hint that he's still alive after Gronder, but he does nothing. Just one little scene that's never brought up again and then poof, he disappears from the story without a trace.

I haven't even played it for myself, to be completely honest. I just watched the entire route on YouTube to see how much I'd be missing out on. Overall, the only part that looks enjoyable is the final map. Half of that's because of the music and the other half's because the final boss is Rhea lol

I only watched the final map of this route which look liked the hardest one for me.

Same goes for chapter 13, so it's the hardest route overall.

Otherwise from what I read I have zero interest in playing this route simply because of the lack of an alive / story relevant House Leader.

19 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Chapter 1 and 1EX

I still have to fix a few things.

The turncount for 1EX is too low, and I would like to unlock the "good" ending next time.

Everything's looking great so far! Love the new characters you've added, Musse and Kael are such a hilarious duo and Jade seems pretty cool. I can't wait to see who else joins Fleche's group.

Chapter 1 and 1EX are updated in the OP.

Made again a few changes:

Chapter 1

Spoiler
  • Byleth got nerfed level and bases
  • DK Clone bosses got nerfed; final DK can't oneshot Lysithea anymore, if she's on the throne, means she can technically miss once
  • different event music when ??? appears

Chapter 1EX

Spoiler
  • a few enemies are nerfed by one level
  • boss has bit higher speed and defense
  • added epilogue
  • different event music when ??? appears and when turncount comes close to 20

Preview Chapter 2

Spoiler
  • will be an either survive or defeat bosses chapter
  • two new allies join (mercenary and troubadour)
  • NPCs who help to defend
  • introduction of long range magic, ballistae and wyvern knights

bBh8Yzs.png?1

Spoiler

Merge of Lysithea and Flayn's group at the end.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:23 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

In the case you do not know who these characters originally are:

• Kael: Tales of Vesperia (still needs to get an appropriate sprite)
  • Musse: Trails of Cold Steel III and IV
  • Jade: Tales of the Abyss

Ah, I didn't know they were from other games. I actually thought they were OCs at first with the way they fit in so well with 3H's setting and characters.

15 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Preview Chapter 2

Hide contents
  • will be an either survive or defeat bosses chapter
  • two new allies join (mercenary and troubadour)
  • NPCs who help to defend
  • introduction of long range magic, ballistae and wyvern knights

bBh8Yzs.png?1

Reveal hidden contents

Merge of Lysithea and Flayn's group at the end.

Ooh, that looks like an interesting map! A survive mission there would be a fun challenge, especially with the enemy siege mages/ballista and Wyvern Riders (looks like Musse has her work cut out for her lol).

Also, I couldn't help but notice the sea to the west, is this battle taking place in northern Alliance territory/near Derdriu? Am I detecting a possible Golden Deer guest appearance...?

Made a test run of chapter 2 - it was successful.

Might upload a first video tomorrow after some refinement on the plot and conversations.

On 2/6/2021 at 10:42 PM, RainbowMoon said:

Also, I couldn't help but notice the sea to the west, is this battle taking place in northern Alliance territory/near Derdriu? Am I detecting a possible Golden Deer guest appearance...?

Derdriu?

Oh you meant the chapter fighting

Spoiler

Claude?

Spoiler

He will have a guest appearance...

Spoiler

but not in this chapter...

Spoiler

and not in the version you are aware of.

This chapter shall take place in Edmund, north-west of former Leicester Alliance.

I mean this gives me a generic question:

Spoiler

Shall non Black Eagles characters join (minus Dimitri, Claude Hilda and Dedue) since I only consider Lysithea as recruited unit from an other House in the Crimson Flower run.

Chapter 2 (failed attempt)

I got a bit too cocky. >_<

After that not much would have happen anymore anyways...

Have to fix a few things like:

• making Ulica's ballista usable (I have no idea why it wasn't he case)
  • fixing Arne's and Leise's dialogue
  • giving more range weapons to the NPCs since they block me from attacking

Also the village where Ulica and Eto appear, gives an item when Leise visits it before they will appear

PS: I think it is possible even after it in this test run which I will fix.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Shall non Black Eagles characters join (minus Dimitri, Claude Hilda and Dedue) since I only consider Lysithea as recruited unit from an other House in the Crimson Flower run.

I think there's a few out-of-house students who could fit in pretty well if you're interested in bringing in some more 3H characters.

Lorenz canonically sides with the Empire on the non-Deer routes, and Gloucester territory also shares a border with Ordelia, so Lorenz showing up to support Lysithea would make perfect sense story-wise.

I like to headcanon that Marianne supports the Empire too, given how horribly the crest system impacted her life. And since you've got a chapter taking place in Edmund territory, she could theoretically work in-story.

There's also Constance and Hapi from the Ashen Wolves. Constance in particular could possibly join alongside the other Black Eagles in the final chapter, since she ties in so closely with them in 3H. Hapi probably wouldn't fit in as well, since she's not too keen on fighting. Though she may choose to get involved if it means getting revenge on TWSITD for the experiments they did on her as a child.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Hide contents

Claude?

Hide contents

He will have a guest appearance...

Hide contents

but not in this chapter...

Hide contents

and not in the version you are aware of.

Nemesis'd Claude? o.o

14 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

I think there's a few out-of-house students who could fit in pretty well if you're interested in bringing in some more 3H characters.

Lorenz canonically sides with the Empire on the non-Deer routes, and Gloucester territory also shares a border with Ordelia, so Lorenz showing up to support Lysithea would make perfect sense story-wise.

I like to headcanon that Marianne supports the Empire too, given how horribly the crest system impacted her life. And since you've got a chapter taking place in Edmund territory, she could theoretically work in-story.

Actually I am aware of this and this is indeed a good point for introducing her.

If I introduce the one or other Golden Deer character, shall they appear as couple?

I have no idea which pairings are the most canon aside of Edelgard x Lysithea and Hilda x Marianne.

I could make Lorenz and Marianne replace the two allies.

There's also Constance and Hapi from the Ashen Wolves. Constance in particular could possibly join alongside the other Black Eagles in the final chapter, since she ties in so closely with them in 3H. Hapi probably wouldn't fit in as well, since she's not too keen on fighting. Though she may choose to get involved if it means getting revenge on TWSITD for the experiments they did on her as a child.

Are they from that DLC?

I haven't played it, so I know nothing about them.

Nemesis'd Claude? o.o

well

Spoiler

not quite wrong

The strongest warriors in the war shall share the same treatment as DK and Ladislava.

On the other hand I might go a bit too far...

4 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Actually I am aware of this and this is indeed a good point for introducing her.

If I introduce the one or other Golden Deer character, shall they appear as couple?

I have no idea which pairings are the most canon aside of Edelgard x Lysithea and Hilda x Marianne.

I could make Lorenz and Marianne replace the two allies.

Lorenz and Marianne could absolutely show up as a couple. There aren't really any canon pairings in 3H, so there's no need to worry about that. That said, Lorenz and Marianne have a really sweet ending together, easily one of my favorite Marianne pairings along with Hilda. And having them as a couple means they'd both have a reason to join in chapter 2, since their marriage would bring Edmund and Gloucester territories together as a single county. Gameplay-wise, Marianne would also provide the group with a dancer unit.

4 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Are they from that DLC?

I haven't played it, so I know nothing about them.

Yeah, unfortunately they're from the DLC.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:23 AM, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I think I overrestimated myself and underrestimated this map.

Anyways welcome Lorenz and Marianne to the game!

It definitely looks like a tough map, that's for sure. Reminds me almost of Conquest Ch.10 (defend point map where the enemies attack from three directions,  lots of pegasus knights), the way the enemies come in wave after wave and you have to hold out until more allies arrive. I can't wait to try it out myself.

I'm so happy Lorenz and Marianne are part of the story! I love how you kept Lorenz's signature mixed magic build by giving him a normal lance and a magic lance. The NPC villagers are an amazing idea too, their dialogue is perfect!

5 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

It definitely looks like a tough map, that's for sure. Reminds me almost of Conquest Ch.10 (defend point map where the enemies attack from three directions,  lots of pegasus knights), the way the enemies come in wave after wave and you have to hold out until more allies arrive. I can't wait to try it out myself.
Yes, but the origin idea of having a defend map with side objectives comes from chapter 14 from Thracia 776, this map is based on basically. The map itself is tough, if you want to give as much experience as possible to Byleth and Lysithea. I think it's possible that the NPCs could handle everything on their own since (better) reinforcements like mercenary with armorslayer will appear, the more turns are passed. This the only way to visit the house with Leise to get a hammer from it. The two recruitable blue units are basically guest characters just for this map who will give their stuff to the inventory at the end. I could make it happen to make all green units controllable who just won't get experience, if more control over all the units is wanted.

I'm so happy Lorenz and Marianne are part of the story! I love how you kept Lorenz's signature mixed magic build by giving him a normal lance and a magic lance. The NPC villagers are an amazing idea too, their dialogue is perfect!

I could make it happen to make all green units controllable who just won't get experience, if more control over all the units is wanted.

Lorenz won't be able to use tomes in the game. In exchange he has a decent magic growth to use magical lances (same goes for Lysithea later).

Lorenz and Marianne have ingame interactions with Byleth and Lysithea plus Marianne has one with Arne which I could not all show unfortunately because of the lacking opportunity (not enough turns left to do it tbh). I don't know, if it's possible to talk and act in the same turn as it's the case in the Tellius series. Would be awesome, if so. Anyways I made a new video without fails and  backround noise in the beginning:

Next chapter will become a preparations chapter by having a shop and an arena. However the issue is making an arena like they exist in FE. I try to make one like in FE4 just without gaining money just experience.

I made a poll where to pick character who shall be added.

@Dayni

Thanks for the reminder.

Actually I kept the poll and only let one person be picked since I don't tend to bloat the project more since all CF characters will join later.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

My vote's going to Leonie. She's incredibly loyal to Byleth, and after Jeralt's death (in their A-support, I think) she promised to always stay by his side no matter what. Even after the war, I could see her joining the Ordelia castle guard or even becoming Byleth's personal vassal (a la Dedue) just to keep her promise to him. 

Ignatz and Raphael could definitely appear too, but personally I find them kinda boring.

Ingrid, though she's one of my absolute favorite characters in 3H, is also one of the most loyal Blue Lions, meaning it's unlikely she'd ever canonically side against Dimitri. That said, she's a required kill on CF if she isn't recruited, which pretty much negates her chances of appearing here.

Felix is just a massive douche, and another required kill on CF.

Ashe and Annette could possibly appear, since they're not as loyal to the Kingdom as Ingrid, nor are they required kills on CF. Their whereabouts after Rhea's death are pretty much left up in the air, meaning you could do whatever you'd like with them in the story.

Alright, I'll leave it to only Leonie then since she also could represent a new class (pegasus knight).

Anyways next chapter won't be just a preparations chapter as mentioned earlier. It will be an escape chapter (in FE5 style) and introduce some horse units. Unfortunately the screenshot of my laptop button died, so I can't show the map right now.