L3xandr3

Have you played Civilization 5?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Well, have you?

• Yes, and I love it!
    • Yes.
    • No.
    • What the hell is Civilization?

I'm not sure whether to place this here, or in general gaming. I'm planning on Let's Playing some Civ5 with FE Mods (Hence why I'm putting this on SF at all).

This is some ground work. I'm rather curious as to whether or not anyone on SF is interested in this little hobby of mine. If so, expect more polls in the days to come.

I installed it but had trouble getting the FE civ mods to work. (I'd played some of Civ 6 beforehand while it was free to play briefly.)

I did get all the DLC when it was on sale so maybe they'll work now.

I'd be interested in seeing a a LP of it, there was a pretty fun wacky one that used MGS mods I read a while back.

I used to play it a fair amount, sometimes with friends, but the huge ass loading times especially when we desynch or it randomly crashes meant that even though I do like the gameplay, I don't play it as much anymore.

Mostly moved on to Paradox stuff. Most Paradox games don't play like Civ since starting positions aren't 'fair' due to the games being historical, but Stellaris plays a lot like Civ in space. The difficulty setting on Stellaris is more granular than Civ, though. In Deity I think all AI gets 2 free settlers & a bunch of tech, but in Stellaris that kind of starting advantage is only for Advanced AI Starts.