Why does forging a weapon to be heavier increase its price?

It's the cost of the labour that is used to make the weapon heavier. Also, I guess you could make a heavier weapon to stop a better unit from doubling (and killing) an enemy, in order to allow one of your weaker units to get the kill EXP.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

It's just for consistency. Any change you make to the base weapon increases the price, even if it's negative. Realistically, there's never a point in using your money (and opportunity to forge) to get a weaker, less accurate, and/or heavier weapon.

6 hours ago, OuendanCyrus said:

If a weapon is made of sturdier material, such as steel over iron, why is it easier to break?

In FE, it's usually for balancing purposes, i.e. Steel and Silver Swords having fewer uses than Iron to offset their higher attack power despite iron being less durable than steel IRL.

Granted, Three Houses changes this and makes Steel weapons more durable than Iron ones as one would expect...

15 hours ago, OuendanCyrus said:

If a weapon is made of sturdier material, such as steel over iron, why is it easier to break?

This is the same series where weapons made out of silver are the strongest one can find, despite Silver being a notably soft and malleable metal. I don't think real world metal properties matter much.

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, Tables said:

This is the same series where weapons made out of silver are the strongest one can find, despite Silver being a notably soft and malleable metal. I don't think real world metal properties matter much.

Maybe everyone in FE is a secret vampire or werewolf.

Castlevania Emblem was legit!

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, Tables said:

Also the fastest to break; at least that makes sense for a soft and malleable metal.