New Heroes: Shared Purpose

"Starting Jan. 7, 11 PM PT, new Heroes from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 will be available in the New Heroes: Shared Purpose summoning event! The next Grand Hero Battle featuring Veld: Manfroy's Rock will start Jan. 8, 11 PM PT."

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Added GHB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised they're demoting Miranda over Ronan.

But it's about time Thracia had a banner that wasn't full of alts or had their spotlight taken up by an OC.

Now the only question is do I pull here or break my rate on the Christmas banner

Don't know any of these guys but good for Thracia fans getting a new banner. I'm skipping the banner and saving orbs for next month in case they bring back the brave heroes banners or have something else crazy for the anniversary month.

FUCK YES. I hadn't even been daring to hope for a new FE5 banner for at least a few more months!

Asbel and Sara are the two I really care about in this batch, hopefully I can pick up one and spark for the other. If that doesn't work, I'll probably go with Sara for my spark. I don't care much about Ronan and Miranda, but I'm always down for more FE5 units, might merge up Miranda at some point just because I can. Veld is an interesting choice, I'd been expecting Raydrik as the next FE5 GHB but that's still one of the two main villains checked off either way.

New top FE5 units on CYL4:

1. 338. Galzus (342)
  2. 354. Linoan (306)
  3. 403. Carrion (222)
  4. 430. Hicks (187)
  5. 432. Machyua (185)
  6. 459. Salem (152)
  7. 460. Lara (150)
  8. 475. Karin (130)
  9. 476. Marty (128)
  10. 478. Shiva (125)

Personally, I still really want Salem, and I hope Linoan and Lara get in at some point as well. Curious to see how things will change after this.

Oh wow, I want Ronan and Asbel. Bittersweet to not have Ronan be the demote, or Asbel for that reason. I’m happy they are coming with loaded kits. Sara looks very interesting, and I enjoy the Assist. More of these, please! 

Miranda... interesting choice! I still plan on building Knoll. Another easy to get red tome is nice though.

About time we got a full batch of Thracia characters. Like 4 years?

I know they're trying to sell units to whales, but they could at least give Miranda a perf and/or good skills. They always make it seem obvious who the demote is. At least it's not a Eyvel situation.

Of all the characters to pick as a GHB, I'm a bit disappointed that it's Veld. Really would've wanted Lifis cause he's kinda been a meme for me for years ever since I first played Thracia in 2017. 

This is a welcome surprise. I'm very happy to see Asbel and Sara. I did not expect Ronan at all, I actually thought he may not even ever make it into the game. I'm very happy to be proven wrong! Miranda is a character I like, but I expected her to bring Conomor with her. Now I wonder if Conomor will come at all.

With Sara and Asbel being added to the game, the only missing Thracia characters from my absolute favorites are Linoan, Selfina, Diarmuid, and Salem. If we get another Thracia banner (probably will, I suppose, since maybe this shows they aren't totally against them?), I definitely expect Linoan to come.

...yep, I can indeed confirm that these... are units. I... I'll be honest, the only one I had any reaction to was Sara, and only because I actually knew who the hell she was.
Silly not-Merric, you have Fury not Life and Death.

So Thracia banner. It's the only mainline game I never finished so it makes for an easy skip also I have an irrational hatred to the idea Manfroy had a daughter that looks just like like Deirdre...

Anyways let's rate this guys gameplay wise, at least based on their skills and the general gameplay they might have (at least I know how Asbel and Ronan were in FE5, no idea for the other 2). 

We start with Asbel will follow the trend of Lewyn (and kinda Ced) being a fast but frail infantry mage. Flier effectiveness is a nice extra but it won't come into play all that often, the bigger stuff he has is that Dull effect on his tome during player phase and having NFU in his kit so nothing stops him. That being said, I think Lewyn with his Dive Bomb effect that is going to be improved with a refine will come on top, there's also Y!Merric with his ability of running Watersweep/Windsweep to avoid taking any damage whatsoever. Still, if one is a fan of Asbel he's going to be a pretty potent unit, and his fodder is top tier. 8.5/10

Ronan (or as I like to call him, the lost mage) seems to be a enemy phase focused unit. He has a Lull Atk effect combined with Atk penalty negation on his Prf on top of debuffing the foe's Atk by 6, which means he'll always hit at full power and will be hard to take down. For fodder he has Swift Stance 3 and Joint Drive Spd, could be better but it's pretty nice for Repel tanks like F!Ike (not that you'd prefer the Stance over a Unity skill). If he's anything like his Thracia counterpart he should have disgustingly high Res, like in the 40s but one never knows. He might be somewhere around 6.5~8/10 depending on min-maxing.

I know nothing about Miranda so I can't say anything about her stats. The trails seems to show she'll be a fast red mage, which is fairly rare for a demote. She'll face direct competition from Tharja but she's certainly going to come out on top in the raw stat department, and with Lulls being so prevalent Tharja's Hex isn't as good as it was when it got released. Inheritable Red tomes are kinda iffy so Miranda isn't going to have it easy, we'll see. I think she's going to be like 5/10, maybe .5 higher or lower. 

And at last we have the one character that gives me the chills, and it's not really her fault but it is what it is. The skillset already screams that Sara is going to be an offensive healer, high Atk/Spd, probably high Res and trash Hp/Def. Kia staff's effect is wordy but it isn't all that great. It nullifies penalties and gives Atk/Spd+6 to the ally with the lowest Hp, it's great for Player Phase units, but it does nothing for Enemy Phase and Player Phase units would rather have Dancers as supports so she ends up quite niche. Her new inheritable heal is a basic heal+Reposition, Reposition is always a great skill so that'll come in handy. As for the rest of her fodder, she brings good stuff in Atk/Spd Push 4 (this skill is becoming a little too common, I think) and Joint Drive Res for general purposes. She's probably a 8~8.5/10. The Manfroy nightmares I have makes her a 1/10 always fodder, but don't mind me she's a good unit

Edited by Alexmender

WE GOT REPOSITION FOR OUR STAFF UNITS!!!

Anyways, Asbel is pretty good with a Slaying Weapon for a Blazing build.

Ronan seems like a souped up blue Midori. Seems pretty good, although not my cup of tea.

Miranda's kit is pretty crap in my opinion outside of Rauðrserpent. I think she will turn out fine in terms of stats as long as she has sky high Atk or competitive Atk/Spd. As long as her Atk is not crap, almost any stat distribution is workable.

Sara brought REPOSITION for staff units! Other than that, the rest of her kit is meh. Kia Staff is basically a souped up Atk/Spd Tactic with no team composition requirements, but it does have quite an onerous HP requirement and it is competing with C slot Atk Tactic and Spd Tactic. Kia Staff is a tough sell, and I do not think it is all that great unfortunately. Most player phase teams already have Dancers/Singers that run Atk Tactic-Spd Tactic combo or have VS!Azura, and while the team composition requirement is a pain sometimes there is no set up involved to get everyone to have the same HP via Fury.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

WE GOT REPOSITION FOR OUR STAFF UNITS!!!

Anyways, Asbel is pretty good with a Slaying Weapon for a Blazing build.

Ronan seems like a souped up blue Midori. Seems pretty good, although not my cup of tea.

Miranda's kit is pretty crap in my opinion outside of Rauðrserpent. I think she will turn out fine in terms of stats as long as she has sky high Atk or competitive Atk/Spd. As long as her Atk is not crap, almost any stat distribution is workable.

Sara brought REPOSITION for staff units! Other than that, the rest of her kit is meh. Kia Staff is basically a souped up Atk/Spd Tactic with no team composition requirements, but it does have quite an onerous HP requirement and it is competing with C slot Atk Tactic and Spd Tactic. Kia Staff is a tough sell, and I do not think it is all that great unfortunately. Most player phase teams already have Dancers/Singers that run Atk Tactic-Spd Tactic combo or have VS!Azura, and while the team composition requirement is a pain sometimes there is no set up involved to get everyone to have the same HP via Fury.

Kia looks significant for AR-D, as Isolation protection. I rely a lot on Isolation, so that could be pretty scary.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Kia looks significant for AR-D, as Isolation protection. I rely a lot on Isolation, so that could be pretty scary.

Odd Recovery can already do that though, and it affects more than one unit at a time without set up. Kia Staff can affect more than one unit, but that requires HP set up.

Edited by XRay

If Rescue+ is Drawback for healers and Return+ is Reposition for healers, we can assume Warp+ will be Smite for healers.

Oh cool, something that doesn't speak to me and as such I can keep going on the New Year's banner for Lethe and Kaden (still haven't even gotten a 4* of the latter). Though, it's nice IS is willing to give Thracia at least one chance to stand on its own (by not including any alts or a FEH OC).

What isn't so nice to see, though, is that IS is still bothering with Seal skills in literal 2021. Like come on, just give Miranda Chill Res 3 or Chill Atk 3 at this point.

Though speaking of her, it turns out that she was the reason for Ulster getting changed to Scathach.....because they decided they wanted Alster (her kingdom) to be localized as Ulster instead. It's at about the 1:44 mark in the trailer where Miranda is shown saying "Ulster" in dialogue.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Odd Recovery can already do that though, and it affects more than one unit at a time without set up. Kia Staff can affect more than one unit, but that requires HP set up.

Only on odd-numbered turns. It's easy to work around that by attacking on an even-numbered turn, it'll be possible to work around that when Even Recovery releases but that would require two healers.

Oh my god I absolutely need Sara. That's the one FE5 character I said I was totally going to whale for. Bad time to be low on orbs. I do like the other characters though, so I will be pulling all colors until I get Sara, who will be top priority for the spark.

Also, major kudos to IntSys for giving Ronan a high Res stat and a powercreeped Res-related skill, referencing his unusually high magic stat in FE5. Long live Ronan the Librarian!

They're all infantry ranged units. Interesting. I guess Asbel could he argued as a reason why Lewyn is part of the upcoming update since the legendary tome Forseti being eh compared to Winds of Change and Grafcalibur isn't that great.

Sara is definitely the guaranteed summon. Related to her is that it's nice to hear more of Heather Halley. I was surprised they got her for Mirabilis and I am surprised again she returned to voice a different character. I knew her as Para-Medic in Metal Gear Solid 3 and hearing her voice is nostalgic.

Kinda expected Grafcalibur would have an instant follow up attack like Thrasir and B!Lysithea have, but I guess it's fine how it works here. No big fan of his B skill. Special Spiral would be better for him. I must admit despite I love Thracia 776, I'm not too impressed of these units. The only unit I really want, is Asbel. I really like Sara too, but as for unit, I have no real desire in another foot healer. Ronan is what I've expected, a better Nils. Mirana is... whatever. I'm really surprised she made it in. Rather would have expected Halvan or Marty instead. I'm assuming Galzus will be the GHB unit which would good and bad. Good for being a cool character, but bad for being another sword or axe infnatry unit. If he has high strength and speed at least, he could become cool, but then there's Hana again. Raydrik as a GHB unit would be more interesting for not received any red sword armor unit in the past time. His weapon could prevent armor effective damage.