New Heroes: Shared Purpose

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I'm assuming Galzus will be the GHB unit which would good and bad. Good for being a cool character, but bad for being another sword or axe infnatry unit. If he has high strength and speed at least, he could become cool, but then there's Hana again. Raydrik as a GHB unit would be more interesting for not received any red sword armor unit in the past time. His weapon could prevent armor effective damage.

Veld is the GHB.

Heh, I thought from the pictures that we were getting Nils and Florina alts. Never heard of these guys before, wouldn't be able to tell any from Larry. Art's good, apart from (oddly) the headliner, but given it's all infantry, I'll likely be passing and waiting for the late January banner (if there is one, like there was last year) as being possibly the last banner I ever spark.

13 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Veld is GHB unit?

Oof, he's like the most bland villain in the game.

Yup, but for all his failings (and his awful CYL results) he's still the final boss of FE5 so I guess they felt obligated to add him because of that.

Though speaking of that, now the only missing final bosses are: Medeus, lol random Fire Dragon, Fomortiis (as his own unit), Ashera reminder that Yune was released as the third Mythic in 2019, Anankos, and two spoilers from Three Houses. For those who don't care about spoilers, they are:

Spoiler

"needs a Snickers" dragon Rhea / the Immaculate One
a lock for this year's Fallen banner Hagemon / Nightmare Fuel Edelgard

Veld before Raydrik? Well Raydrik is merely marginally better, and Project Exile's enhancements to him aren't true to the Japanese script.

Nice selection of Thracia 776's arguably thin cast. Asbel is the second True Merric from an archetype perspective, and I like him as do True Merric the 1st and True Merric the 3rd. Sara has some character and like Asbel is good in gameplay. Miranda is a somewhat odd pick, but she isn't a bad character or totally devoid of writing, she just needs as Thracia as a whole does some more character interactions and development, a good kernel is there already. Ronan as a memey unit? I'm personally not one for memes, but sure, why not?

This wasn't the banner I was expecting today. I was thinking either Fe4 or SOV, but its also been a while since we have a Thracia banner.

Good on Sara for bringing a flashy new staff assist to the pool. She's probably the star of the banner otherwise too. Good art, good skills and a neat staff.

Asbel looks to be your fast wind mage. I'm lacking a bit in those and I have the orbs to spend.

My red mage needs are already filled, but I like that we get some more demote-able red mages and easily accesable tomes into the summoning pool. The rest of the kit could use some work though I never got to the point of the game where I recruited Mirana, but she looks cool.

I'm most interested about 'Manfroy's rock' though. Stone magic is colourless in this game so could he be a free colourless mage? That is however the only interesting thing I can say about Veld.

Only complaint in this banner is that Lifis is sitting this one out.

Edited by Sasori

I wanted Asbel and Ronan in for a while! Good to see they both look like good units as well! Miranda looks alright for a demote, 2 skills in her weapon and Spd/Res Gap 3 that were only on 5* units, a new skill, which is not good but at least it exists now in Seal Atk/Res 2 and Ardent Sacrifice which is meh. I like Sara but I don't really think I need her right now.

Veld as a colorless tome would be cool but let's be real he'll probably be red tome dark sorcerer #444400

I won't lie, of all the potential GHB candidates I was expecting out of Thracia Veld wasn't towards the top. Despite being the final boss, he honestly had the weakest presence among them as his personality is very by-the-numbers and his battle is infamously easy despite everything leading up to it. I felt that characters like Raydrik or Galzus would be in first before him, especially since both have stronger connections to Leif and Mareeta who are already in the game and didn't need an asspull for it to happen. Regardless, hopefully he's unique since we don't need another free Red tome user and him using Stone does make him a good candidate for a Colorless tome.

As for the rest, I'm happy that Sara is in the game. She was helpful in my playthrough of Thracia and seeing that they made a unique support out of her via the Kia Staff is pretty nice. I probably won't pull her just yet since I'm running low on orbs, but if none of the other banners this month impress me I'll try to pick her or Ronan up. 

Tracia before Genealogy this year then. This probably means the Jugdral quota is full for some months. 

This batch(minus Ronan) are probably the best Tracians they could have added. Asbel seems among the more beloved unit from that game while Miranda and Sara are decently important from a story/lore perspective. 

Oh Veld is here too! Pff....ehehe....heehee! hahahaha! Oh Veld! hahahahaha! Its Veld! Hahahaha!

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Who would have expected Thracia?

That's a thing that happened and I have... nothing to say on it. Goes with the territory of having not played it.

The fodder looks pretty mediocre. Guess my free summons will be on colorless and hoping for the best.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Oh, my orbs are totally safe since I dont care for any of these units. I will not mind if they appear to me as free summon in this or in Future banners.

I will probably use my tickets on colorless, although Blue is kinda tempting since I will have chances to get Seteths.

Happy for Thracia fans, and happy for myself because I wanted to save orbs after pulling on the last two banners. From what little I played of Thracia, I do vaguely remember Asbel, Ronan, and Sara, but not Miranda.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

He’s not, it’s Veld who will hopefully at least be a colorless tome instead of red.

I could totally see both the demote and GHB being infantry red tomes.

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

I could totally see both the demote and GHB being infantry red tomes.

Yeah. I don't remember of both demote and GHB being the same class, but we had 5* Heroes and GHB having it before (Micaiah/Oliver and Selkie/Panne are the ones that came in my mind).

I would enjoy having a colorless tome GHB... but I am expecting a Red Tome Mage for sure. I hope I am wrong. We will know in about 13-14 hours.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I have a mixed reaction. First, yay! FE5 got the spotlight! Good for them. Second, I totally thought that Sara was another Diedre alt. I was frustrated at first when I saw this because I was all "it's like IS doesn't realize there are characters in Jugdral besides Julia and her mom, and sometimes her half-brother and his father." Still waiting on more Julius, too. But at least someone new is coming into FEH in actuality! Goodness, she's convoluted (her movement skill and the seemingly random combination of other skills), though, and that's coming from me (I tend to overcomplicate things.) Also, Miranda looks like a genderbent Leif. Princess of Ulster, huh? I know I heard that name before... I can't quite remember where it is/its significance, though.

Anyway, good for them! Buuut it's an easy skip for me (and a good thing, too! I need to save orbs...after I hopefully get a Christmas Tharja because R Tome Valor...and potentially other fodder; she's amazing for fodder.)

Edit: Also, about people being surprised about the demote, I thought that the skills they come with made it obvious. But, good for IS for mixing it up between men and women getting demoted. Further...

@Xenomata

Indeeeed! This was my thought, too! XD I feel like he'll become a meme because of the skill. Or, people will give him Life and Death a lot.

Edited by Mercakete

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Heh, I thought from the pictures that we were getting Nils and Florina alts. Never heard of these guys before, wouldn't be able to tell any from Larry. Art's good, apart from (oddly) the headliner, but given it's all infantry, I'll likely be passing and waiting for the late January banner (if there is one, like there was last year) as being possibly the last banner I ever spark.

Sara is one of the characters I was hoping for on the next FE5 banner and I still didn't recognize her, lmao.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Tracia before Genealogy this year then. This probably means the Jugdral quota is full for some months. 

We said that a year ago, and then we got FE4 a month after FE5. It could happen!

In fact, this means FE4 is now one of the games that's gone the longest without a New Heroes banner, after only FE2 (and FE10, if it counts). And FE1 Gen 1 has gone even longer without one. So I'm really hoping it'll be one of the next few.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Florete said:

From what little I played of Thracia, I do vaguely remember Asbel, Ronan, and Sara, but not Miranda.

Slightly odd you'd remember Sara but not Miranda, considering both come rather late, Chapter 16/17 out of 25 (not including gaidens). That you could remember Sara but not Miranda may be because Miranda is available only on one side of a route split, unlike Sara who appears and is recruitable up on both, like FE6's Niime. 

Miranda, like Sara, is supposed to be an Est. Except, Sara has all-important Staffs, slightly better growths outside of lol HP and Def, Paragon, Miracle, (it's not FE4 good, but it's kinda useful in FE5) and 5 Movement Stars compared to 0. Miranda's horse and swords (she has next to no Str) on promotion to Mage Knight are total junk, Sage would've been slightly more useful, and being able to use Elfire at base isn't helping her in any significant way. Her one alright advantage is being able to critical on followup hits, but even then it's a barebones critical multiplier of 1, not Mareeta's 5.

The only thing uniting the characters on this banner is a propensity for magic tomes and staffs, or being an archer with peculiarly high Magic. Asbel and Ronan show up early and have nothing to do with each other, Sara and Miranda are mid-late and again are unrelated, and Veld of course is the lackluster final boss.

Magic characters are already a minority within every FE, and what remains of Thracia's playable reserves in this department are Safy, Salem, Tina, Linoan, Sleuf, Ilios, and Amalda. So three Staffs Infantry, one Staff Cavalry, one Red Tome Infantry, one Blue Tome Cavalry. And Linoan could be Infantry Staff, but she is more notable for being the only one who can readily use Nosferatu in Thracia others could in theory, but it'd demand serious likely lategame grinding, so Blue Tome Infantry it is.

Not a surprise the magic goes fast though. No FE is 50-50 physical-magical. In a game where weapon triangle and Res (because it means BST is taken away from other things)  are supposed to matter so much, I can understand why they'd take them at a disproportionate rate. That, and magic is cool, magic is fun and fantastical! I love it too. Being the talent of but a few in each FE, perhaps one could say that the personalities of mages are usually a step above "boring filler" because there are less to write for each game. Thats helpful for coming to FEH.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Forgot Salem!

really happy this banner is a thing, imo it feels like a bit of fresh air: we don't always need waifu/husbando materials or whale-bait units, so i love that this banner is full of relatively low-ranking units and without fanservicey characters. granted, not that i dislike them, but i feel like this (probably single) banner is a nice change

i love Ronan, and i would actually pull for him, except i already have a +10 Jorge, and Ronan looks pretty much like a pullable 5*-only Jorge; still, my tickets will be spent trying to pull some seteths
happy for Asvel and Sara as well, but i honestly didn't remember about Miranda at all

i'm not expecting much from Veld, he might as well just be yet another red tome warlock, i don't expect them to give us a free colorless tome so "soon"

anyway, i'm happy this banner exists, but i will personally not spend orbs in it

Finally more Thracia units and I actually know all of them for once as I'm finally (and currently) playing through Thracia for the first time.

I'll definitely be picking up Asbel he's exactly how I imagined he'd be even down to this voice.

I'm also tempted to pull for the Joint Drive skills Sara and Ronan have, but we shall see how pulling for Asbel goes.

Miranda makes sense for the demote to me.

I look forward to this banner.

Excited for new Thracia units, I've wanted Asbel and Ronan for awhile. I have no idea why Veld is in before Raydrik, a bit of an odd choice, but that's fine. 

A bit disappointed that Linoan's not on here, but I'll pull for Sara and Asbel. Maybe try for a Miranda or two as well. 

I'm happy Thracia is getting some more representation, it's been a long time since there was a banner with only new Thracia units. 

20 minutes ago, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

Sara's voice is something I'm sure everyone pictured/expected. It's perfect to say the least

Not me. At least the English one. She's twelve! That's not a voice you'd hear from a twelve-year-old... at least, I don't think so...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well I am happy for the fans and for the fact I get to save orbs for L!Dimitri's return at the end of the month, since I haven't played Thracia.  I need merges from colorless and blue, so that is where my tickets will go.  Good luck to the fans of these units may they come home quickly for you.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. I don't remember of both demote and GHB being the same class, but we had 5* Heroes and GHB having it before (Micaiah/Oliver and Selkie/Panne are the ones that came in my mind).

I would enjoy having a colorless tome GHB... but I am expecting a Red Tome Mage for sure. I hope I am wrong. We will know in about 13-14 hours.

We had Lena (the demote) and Eremiya (GHB) both come in as infantry staff units back in July. I think that might be the only time both the demote and GHB unit was the same movement type and used the same weapon.

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

We had Lena (the demote) and Eremiya (GHB) both come in as infantry staff units back in July. I think that might be the only time both the demote and GHB unit was the same movement type and used the same weapon.

Oh, right. Sometimes I forget that Eremiya is in the game, because she is so forgettable.