New Heroes: Shared Purpose

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, right. Sometimes I forget that Eremiya is in the game, because she is so forgettable.

I only remember her because she was the only GHB unit that used a staff and because I still think she should have been a tome unit since she never even used a staff in New Mystery.

9 hours ago, Florete said:

I could totally see both the demote and GHB being infantry red tomes.

Yeah, I’m keeping my expectations in check but it is worth keeping in mind that the lower level colorless tomes are rock based (Stone -> Elstone -> Atlas) and Veld is primarily known for his turn to stone spell. So, get ready for him to have Atlas+ even if he is colorless.

Either way, we’ll know what he ended up with after the version update later today.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Either way, we’ll know what he ended up with after the version update later today.

Oh yeah. Previous datamine text dump mentioned it being the likely timing of the version update.

Pretty fodder heavy banner for the most part.

Asbel has Fury 4 which is something I would want for Eir though FByleth would be better value to me since Eir could use Ruptured Sky whereas foddering Asbel to her would be a waste of NFU.

Ronan seems neat but he is rather similar to Jorge and Jeorge.

Miranda's cute and Raudrserpent and Spd/Res Gap are finally going to be non-premium (though who would use them anyways?).

Sara's staff is alright but it doesn't seem too crazy compared to Flayn's staff; it just seems more there to let Sara still do some duties of being a healer while acting more as a Reposition bot. A healer version of Reposition is kind of nuts on a Gravity+ healer built explicitly for cheesing AA teams, though.

Veld being the GHB is expected though what he'd be doing is another question entirely -- given that he's a Dark Bishop in his home game, his being yet another F2P infantry red mage seems already too likely going to happen. However, given that he has a spell called Stone (which does play a part in FE5's story) in his home game and that Sara does have the Kia Staff (in FE5, the Kia Staff is the only way to restore a unit petrified by the Stone spell), there's a possibility that we could have our first F2P colorless mage, which would be nice for Pawns of Loki in addition to Arena modes given that the recent mages can hit 170 BST without needing Duel skills.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Did you mean Reyson and Naesala, right?

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’m keeping my expectations in check but it is worth keeping in mind that the lower level colorless tomes are rock based (Stone -> Elstone -> Atlas) and Veld is primarily known for his turn to stone spell. So, get ready for him to have Atlas+ even if he is colorless.

Ooh, I hope you're right. 

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Slightly odd you'd remember Sara but not Miranda, considering both come rather late, Chapter 16/17 out of 25 (not including gaidens). That you could remember Sara but not Miranda may be because Miranda is available only on one side of a route split, unlike Sara who appears and is recruitable up on both, like FE6's Niime. 

This confused me because I remembered Sara as an early recruit, and it turns out I was actually thinking of Safy. Turns out I don't remember Sara at all,

46 minutes ago, Florete said:

This confused me because I remembered Sara as an early recruit, and it turns out I was actually thinking of Safy. Turns out I don't remember Sara at all,

I hope Safy gets in eventually. 

After having experienced thracia (not all sadly but still a big part of it) I am really happy for this banner. Asbel looks nice I guess, hoped for more things from Graffcalibur though. Ronan also looks nice but spendthrift Norne could be as effective though. Another red tome freebie that's a surprise, they picked a really original class didn't they? Sara looks fun and I am glad they are giving staves new premium units like Flayn and now Sara with a positioning heal and unique staves. Kia looks nice but not sure how to use it properly though in AR. It will pretty much always target a mythic and most likely a fairy so the only one that could truly benefit from it is Mirabilis to an extent but definitely is an amazing thing to shut down Milas. Eldigan has the required defence and Triandra will have Isolation removed from Kia.

Not sold on this banner especially since I am broke after pulling for Plumeria and I need to save. 

Vled will most likely be a red tome with an Hp effect like Iago and Aversa with bad fodder I think. I would like however if he was a colourless mage that petrified foes as in, at start of turn he "grays out" the foe with lowest Hp within 4 spaces (to directly counter the Kia staff). 

Edited by SuperNova125

16 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

After having experienced thracia (not all sadly but still a big part of it) I am really happy for this banner. Asbel looks nice I guess, hoped for more things from Graffcalibur though. Ronan also looks nice but spendthrift Norne could be as effective though. Another red tome freebie that's a surprise, they picked a really original class didn't they? Sara looks fun and I am glad they are giving staves new premium units like Flayn and now Sara with a positioning heal and unique staves. Kia looks nice but not sure how to use it properly though in AR. It will pretty much always target a mythic and most likely a fairy so the only one that could truly benefit from it is Mirabilis to an extent but definitely is an amazing thing to shut down Milas. Eldigan has the required defence and Triandra will have Isolation removed from Kia.

Not sold on this banner especially since I am broke after pulling for Plumeria and I need to save. 

Vled will most likely be a red tome with an Hp effect like Iago and Aversa with bad fodder I think. I would like however if he was a colourless mage that petrified foes as in, at start of turn he "grays out" the foe with lowest Hp within 4 spaces (to directly counter the Kia staff). 

Kia beats Stone, not vice versa. 

18 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

That's what I meant but I didn't phrase it that well. If the ally with the lowest Hp is petrified in other words has a penalty then Kia would target them and remove the petrification. 

Makes sense. I'm not sure "greyed out" could properly function as a status (and it seems really powerful), but I expect him to use some sort of penalty. Maybe Gravity? That's only relevant on the unit's own phase, so it'd also get cleanly countered. Could also require a Res threshold, and maybe come with a stat debuff.

Sad Lara isn't here, but happy with the character selection overall. 

But every time I see Miranda, I can't help but notice how similar she is to FE4's Linda.

Yay, throw him onto the pile of red tome final bosses and stuff. At least his art and tome seem nice. Perhaps I'll build him and put him on one of my AR defenses.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hide contents

Yay, throw him onto the pile of red tome final bosses and stuff. At least his art and tome seem nice. Perhaps I'll build him and put him on one of my AR defenses.

Yeah, I love his art. Reminds me a lot of Gharnef's.

Stats [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

p08s6bdy4t961.png

Sara
Super Asset(s): HP, Atk
Super Flaw(s): Def

Ronan
Super Asset(s): HP
Super Flaw(s): Def

Asbel
Super Asset(s): Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP

Miranda
Super Asset(s): lol nothing
Super Flaw(s): HP

Sigma Veld
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): none

Literally came to point out Veld's special art is legit.

Spoiler

s2jp1j0b3t961.png

I was not expecting IS to sleep less on Veld than most of the other villains in the series.

As for the stats (Take this from some idiot who once that Canas was alright, with a pinch of salt and a dollop of ridicule)

Spoiler

I'm happy to see pretty much everyone came out pretty good, even Veld and he was the GHB anyway.  Knoll already looking not so good compared to Miranda and Veld's just laughing at Julius, Asbel ruins his mentor, Sara is tied for fastest staff and has the power to back it up, Ronan the magekiller also happened and aside from his Res he's the fastest blue bow and still is only outsped by two at base, though of course his physical bulk's meh and his Atk is pretty dang low too, least it's accurate.

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Literally came to point out Veld's special art is legit.

Reveal hidden contents

s2jp1j0b3t961.png

I was not expecting IS to sleep less on Veld than most of the other villains in the series.

As for the stats (Take this from some idiot who once that Canas was alright, with a pinch of salt and a dollop of ridicule)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm happy to see pretty much everyone came out pretty good, even Veld and he was the GHB anyway.  Knoll already looking not so good compared to Miranda and Veld's just laughing at Julius, Asbel ruins his mentor, Sara is tied for fastest staff and has the power to back it up, Ronan the magekiller also happened and aside from his Res he's the fastest blue bow and still is only outsped by two at base, though of course his physical bulk's meh and his Atk is pretty dang low too, least it's accurate.

Yeah, Knoll does not seem to be doing too great. If they knocked 10 Spd off of him and put that into HP, Atk, Res, or some combination of that, Knoll would be much more competitive, or at least fill a different niche.

At least Knoll still has a tiny edge in Atk, so for Counter-Vantage, you still want to use him. Although if you are going the Counter-Vantage route, you might as well pick Tharja since Atk Refinement, extra Flowers, and future Resplendent stats should land her at the top of the 3*/4* mages.

Miranda looks pretty good. Fox Tome + Sturdy Impact seems better on her than Knoll due to her better speed tier. Don't like how similar the two are in though. 

Veld's Weapon is actually really cool and seems like a great way to incorporate his OG weapon using Heroes mechanics. Unfortunately, his stat allocation is utter garbage, especially when put next to Miranda.