The Tellius games are the best and here's why

Would you mind explaining why you love them so much? I certainly agree with you that Tellius is some of the best FE has to offer, but it would be more conducive for discussion to actually elaborate on why you think that.

For example, I love Tellius because I think it has the best worldbuilding, gameplay (RD more so than Path but hey), stories, and overall experiences to be found in FE. Barring Three Houses, Tellius has the best-written cast, IMO, with characters whose dialogue I never tire of reading. They're truly a joy to play through for me, and they continue to be that every time I revisit them.

i love PoR and RD as well, and my reason is an extremely simple yet meaningful one:

Spoiler

Makalov

Spoiler

and I'm being serious

While I'm certainly not its biggest fan, Tellius did a lot of things right in my opinion. Especially base convos. I hope they bring those back at some point, because they really did a lot for Tellius.

2 minutes ago, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

You can still appreciate the way Makalov is written, or even like his character without endorsing his actions. I will still defend Makalov being a great addition to the cast, be it hot take or not.

Oh you can believe I'm in the same camp. Just recently I played PoR for the first time in about a decade and happily added him to the team. His bases suck for his join time, and his luck got him crit by several enemies, but you can never be mad at a horse unit for long. 

9 minutes ago, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

This is actually quite understandable. Compared to other FE titles, these games are both lengthy, aren't they? Not just considering the amount of chapters, but the story, animations, and barracks can even add time onto gameplay which is probably only rivaled by the likes of roaming the Monastery, etc in 3H.

As for PoR, you typically receive a full experience in one playthrough. Unlike Radiant Dawn which encourages you to play through multiple times, PoR gives you everything in one go like a traditional FE in double the time. 

Not to mention both games are considered impossible to get in some regions outside of emulation, where a lot of players prefer to just purchase the game and play it on the console it was released, or in the least an emulator on a console.

(like me who still emulated all the games and only started buying them physical when Awakening dropped and am slowly making my ways backwards.)

My issue is actually the map design. The varied main/side objectives and bexp goals kept me mostly engaged, but the small map sizes and mostly linear design really starts to drag.

9 minutes ago, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

Not to mention both games are considered impossible to get in some regions outside of emulation

italian dude here, can definitely confirm this
sadly, due to italian being a language that's basically only spoken in italy, videogames are printed in very small quantities (especially nieche games such as jrpgs), so they tend to cost much more when they eventually become unavailable in regular stores

anyway, back on topic, and on a more serious note not that Makalov isn't serious yeah, PoR and RD are my favorite FE games as well

Ah, good 'ol Telluis. My favorite FE universe. And yes, I daresay that Telluis is in another universe, given it has an actual all-powerful, creator deity, and all the others merely have Dragons playing god.

Aside from that side tangent, Telluis the best! Why? Discounting the RD Plot-Contract, it is the best in every category, whether that's story, gameplay, or characters.

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Says the one who has favourite FE listed as Radiant Dawn. 

I think they were talking about 'Makalov the best', not 'Telluis the best'.

I disagree. Although PoR offers some of the best stories, knowledge and world-building in FE, it is still no match for Jugdral (FE4).

In addition, the game is a boring slog to play. I think I aged a few years before finishing the game.

If you're going to post stupid clickbait shit, I'm going to move it to somewhere more appropriate.  And if I have to do it again, it comes with a warning.

Even if it's just a clickbait thread, my life would have been different, if I hadn't played FE10 by accident. I never would have made it here, much less would play (tactical) JRPGs nowadays. It's my favorite videogame of all time; have clocked it for more than 5000 hours already.

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I disagree with myself, too.

I thought this was in FftF when it was posted so I just memed but apparently it was not.

8 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

I think they were talking about 'Makalov the best', not 'Telluis the best'.

No, I was responding to the topic title/OP.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I disagree with myself, too.

I thought this was in FftF when it was posted so I just memed but apparently it was not.

No, I was responding to the topic title/OP.

Then you dislike PoR then? 'Cause if not...

10 hours ago, Icelerate said: