Brad Venable, voice of Cormag, Merlinus, Kostas, and Nader has passed away

Dragoncat

r/FireEmblemThreeHouses - Brad Venable, the voice actor for Kostas and Nader/Nardel and many other characters in other works, has sadly passed away. Rest in peace :'(

As many VAs, he was in a lot of things, but to us, he was those four in the title. His wife has told some of his VA friends, no news on cause yet.

Cormag, fly high with Glen.

Merlinus, stock heaven's convoy.

Kostas, you no longer need to steal to survive. Raid in paradise.

Nader, I guess you met the opponent you could not beat. Rest easy, Undefeatable.

8 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Kostas, you no longer need to steal to survive. Raid in paradise.

Nader, I guess you met the opponent you could not beat. Rest easy, Undefeatable.

This is weird and uncomfortable. Yes, he's the voice of four roles in the series. But he was a person, first and foremost. I don't keep up much with the US VA community, but it seems very tight-knit, and that he was a cherished part of it.

https://twitter.com/SimplyAllegra/status/1347478353427668992 Here's a thread of testimonials from Allegra Clark, who seemed particularly heartbroken by his death. I'm sure others have their own stories to share.

Let's come together and remember that actors are people, not just their roles.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, Dragoncat said:

Since when did FE's 6-8 have voice acting? FE didn't start using VA's until Path of Radiance. Or is there an anime I haven't watched or something?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Since when did FE's 6-8 have voice acting? FE didn't start using VA's until Path of Radiance. Or is there an anime I haven't watched or something?

Fire Emblem Heroes has voice acting, and those two characters that Dragoncat mentioned are in that game with voice acting.

Edited by BLSoldier

On 1/8/2021 at 4:45 PM, Parrhesia said:

Let's come together and remember that actors are people, not just their roles.

Except I was just making a creative little thing about his roles, because people like to be creative and clever. Calling it "weird" and "uncomfortable" is a tad unfair.

Nobody is offended by this. Nobody thinks I'm saying he was not a person.