Grand Hero Battle - Veld: Manfroy's Rock!

Diovani Bressan

Even though the map layout was rather annoying, this was a pretty fun one-turn clear since I got to use everyone in some way. Needed to do lots of weird stuff to get spring Fir an atk buff from atk opening and I needed regular Fir to spd ploy the lance infantry so I didn't need to give spring Bartre summoner support for more spd.

The map layout and starting positions are kinda annoying... but it was a pretty easy battle.

First, I did a enemy-phase one turn clear. I just placed my units in range and watched the show.

Then, I decided to do something different against this man, and sent my Fairies Team. You can see how dumb the AI is, by not destroying the breakable all to reach me. They just sit there, and watched their leader being destroyed by a fairy. It was fun.

@DarkAlf @Landmaster @daisy jane @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Sasori @SatsumaFSoysoy @LordFrigid

@Maaka Very nice that you managed to find a way to deal with this map with your Bartre Family team. Odd Tempest being useful as always.

@Some Jerk Nice to see that your dancers team did it again. If I am not seeing it wrong (based on the screenshots), did you keep Dance and Sing in all four units for this map? Like... no refreshing units at all?

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Those 13 Veld fans must be so proud of themselves.

Well, we could vote 7 times in CYL 4. Maybe it's 2 people that votes on him, or even 1 person with 2 accounts (and they didn't even bother in giving the poor man the 14th vote).

@Diovani Bressan @Maaka I hate how this map separated all of my units and am in awe at how you continue to one-turn maps like this.

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Some Jerk Nice to see that your dancers team did it again. If I am not seeing it wrong (based on the screenshots), did you keep Dance and Sing in all four units for this map? Like... no refreshing units at all?

You're seeing it correctly. They didn't need refresh Assists or even any Assists at all to roll over this map.

@Diovani Bressan Peony was really strong!

@Flying Shogi That's a lot of beasts... I should also build them up but my -Atk Tibarn is just gonna be fodder for bow Hinoka later 😛

I can't bring myself to do a recording that's not purely Flier Emblem, so here's a picture of Team Best Girls on their debut map

image0.png

Edited by GuiltyLove
changed from "no fliers" to "flier emblem"

A little Theme Battle I managed to pull off (I wanted to finish the job with Ced, but with the team I ran it was very unlikely to happen 😞 )

Is it me, or is the AI for this map kind of pepega? The generic mooks had every opportunity to move and break the blocks to reach my units but nope, they don't even try.

Duo Lyn and 3 WoM flier dancers swept the map.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Is it me, or is the AI for this map kind of pepega? The generic mooks had every opportunity to move and break the blocks to reach my units but nope, they don't even try.

The AI is not smart. Enemies will not move towards your units if they have no path to reach them with an attack -- even if they could make one. Using Fliers or some form of movement skill to get out of the side paths removes half of the problems on the map.

This happened with Duma's LHB too, but it was a little harder to pull off because that map had Fliers and ranged Cavalry, neither of which are present here.

I committed the grave sin of forgetting to not use Dance on Mirabilis for the Elise clear, so to right my wrong, I did a second clear with the husbando-daughter double duo.

Honestly don't even know if I could have done it without dancing as it is, maybe if I killed half my Barracks and it was easier to make Mirabilis have the lowest HP. 

No real issues for the furries~

@Maaka - Odd Tempest was pretty useful to one-turn this since the enemies are so spaced out. I was wondering if it was even possible but nothing is impossible with Dad Bartre.

@Diovani Bressan - Very straightforward EP one-turn. That was too easy for Nowi and frens.

I feel like the AI forgot how to play the game on this map, LOL. Or maybe they don’t have the heart to kill the Fairies. They are quite intimidating. 

I was extremely annoyed at the map placement of this GHB, and I got around it by using a bunch of fliers. And Brave Edelgard, who is not a flier but is tanky as fuck and took out a bunch of enemies. So ... Brave Edelgard, Brave Claude, Soiree Reinhardt, and Soiree Ishtar basically went around doing their best not to die and laughing at breakable columns.

@Landmaster Nice clears, Landy!

The Elise team did a very nice job in this map. OG Elise got pretty close, but never needed to use Miracle. They are giving them Healing-Movement assista now... Give them damaging specials already, IS!

And the beast team was spretty cool as well! I really like how we have one wolf of each color.

I used Legendary Leif, with support from Mirabilis and the two Peonys. I picked him because he was already in my current Hero Battle team, then realized afterward how fitting he was.

Veld is fun, I love his art and voice. I hadn't expected him to get in, but I'm so glad he did.

@Maaka : Ow wow. This wasn't stage for one turning, but bunny Fir really brought her team to every corner of the map. Cool to see those wings of mercy/repo combo's.

@Diovani Bressan : Now Hawkeye is a unit you don't see every day. A +10 one is even rarer, but he did just as well as Nowi and Marth on one turning this.

I wonder why the ai decided not to move in the fairy clear. I thought the Ai was programmed to break stuff as well. Either way I did't expect to see Peony go on the offense like that.

@Landmaster
Good job on the elise squad. This isn't their favourite map with all those trenches and gravity going around. This time it was summer Elise who was the superstar. She held up pretty well with her bladetome/desperation combo.

The beasts did a good job as well. The dads did't have to reunity with their daughters. just taking out the right and left side on their own while the girls took the main area.

@Flying Shogi : Its been a while since I saw the bird royal team in action like that. the galeforce/double dance combo always make for great player phases.
-------
I tried to go for a team Boey, but this map is a bit too mage filled for that. So I decided to go and Liberate Thracia instead. I don't take Leif along that often and I got some new units to try out. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Unknown Gamer11

@Maaka Very nice Bartre family one turn. I wished I had Odd Tempest several times while playing this, still pretty mad I couldn't get it on my Forma Tsubasa. Spring Fir made great use of it here!

@Diovani Bressan Nice enemy phase one turn, they gobbled up that map very easily. Great fairy clear too, I always like seeing the fairies fight because their attack animations are all very cool.

@Flying Shogi Those beasts never let the enemy gain an opening, their pressure was just too much. Flying beasts with their three movement seem to be very much in their element on this map, great clear!

@Landmaster This map isn't very nice to two of the Elises with all those trenches, but they pulled through all the same. Very nice beast clear as well, cool to see the new year units in action. Your NY Keaton visited my castle the other day, and I could smell the Nailah blood on his hands.

@Sasori Cool theme clear, nice to see the new units in action. Makes me hope I get a Sara one day, her pulling Leif back with Return to save him from the Odd Tempest Sword Fighter was unexpected, because I'm still not used to staff units having movement skills. But it seems so handy!

I got the idea of using Cormag in my one turn clear, in memory of his English voice actor who sadly passed away recently. Had to lower his attack a lot to make it work, but luckily Veld's HP is nice and lets him take some extra hits to charge Galeforce. Happy it worked out.

Edited by BoaFerox

On 1/9/2021 at 11:07 AM, GuiltyLove said:

@Flying Shogi That's a lot of beasts... I should also build them up but my -Atk Tibarn is just gonna be fodder for bow Hinoka later 😛

I might +10 him when they put him on a weekly banner.

8 hours ago, Sasori said:

I tried to go for a team Boey, but this map is a bit too mage filled for that. So I decided to go and Liberate Thracia instead. I don't take Leif along that often and I got some new units to try out. 

Damn, that Pain cleric was annoying. 

3 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

I got the idea of using Cormag in my one turn clear, in memory of his English voice actor who sadly passed away recently. Had to lower his attack a lot to make it work, but luckily Veld's HP is nice and lets him take some extra hits to charge Galeforce. Happy it worked out.

Fortress Def & non+ version of Brave Lance? He's less durable than I thought. 

Seeing Tana is always great. 

@Maaka Odd Tempest sure is handy for these one-turn clears. It's rare that OG Fir gets to fight indeed.

@Diovani Bressan Welp, that was a massacre for the EP one. Nowi's new weapon does look a lot more like snot. The fairies one was also a bit sad... That's weird that they never broke the walls, despite the AI clearly capable of doing so on other maps.

@Landmaster The Elises definitely don't like being separated like that. Don't blame you for using dance for that one. Nice father-daughter double duo team, though. I honestly thought you were going to do Selkie + Kaden and Velouria + Keaton, but this is fine too.

@Sasori Liberating Thracia is a very good idea. Sara is helpful for getting rid of Stone if she manages to be in range, and I definitely did bring her to the final map in Thracia. Surprised you got 3/4 of the banner units so quickly.

@BoaFerox RIP Brad. Cormag did great, taking care of Veld.

Here's mine. Decided to limit myself a bit and bring along Mareeta, whom I used to kill Veld in my Thracia run. Just revenge.

@BoaFerox
I can see repo staffs being both very handy, but I can also imagine situations where you just want to heal and not the repo. But its mostly a cool new staff.

Thats a nice tribute. Its probably the only time i've seen a not+ brave lance being used

Also a very nice Tana. Not a unit thats very easy to +10 and she's carrying some pretty neat skills too. The ninja weapon looks a lot better for one turning then her normal prf.

@SatsumaFSoysoy
I did really luck out on the Thracia banner and I certainly won't complain...but I wish I had this amount off luck with banners where I actually really want a unit instead.

I forgot you had a fully merged Brunya. Her tanky built is pretty cool. Llilina also had a chance to shine, one shotting everyone except one annoying Cleric.

@Diovani Bressan Ew Hawkeye. I'm surprised how easy it was to just park people in range and have everyone suicide on them. The fairy clear was really nice. Always cool to see dancers destroy things. Great job!

@Landmaster Thought this one would be pretty difficult with the Elise squad due to the trenches, but I guess not. Summer Elise sure did a lot of work in the main area. Nice of Mirabilis to soak up the gravity and debuff at the start. The wolfskin clear was very nice as well. I can't wait till NY Keaton is in the grail shop. Very nice clears!

@Sasori Oo it's nice to see the new units in action already. Sara sure is destructive for a healer. The wings of mercy on Asbel was a great idea as well. Nice job!

@BoaFerox Hmm galeforcing Cormag... Definitely didn't expect that. Very nice movement as well. Fliers definitely destroy this map. Great clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I don't see Hel very often in clears, but she can survive quite a lot now that the mystic boost seal is around. It was pretty funny seeing Brunnya just slowly murder everyone while taking so little damage. Nice clear!

On 1/15/2021 at 9:48 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I don't see Hel very often in clears, but she can survive quite a lot now that the mystic boost seal is around. It was pretty funny seeing Brunnya just slowly murder everyone while taking so little damage. Nice clear!

Close Foil Brunnya is probably one of the best investments I have ever made.

@Maaka Looked a bit tricky to pull off but great one turn clear! I see Bartre is a fan of ninja weapons now.

@Landmaster Nice clears with your Fates teams! This map really didn't like Elise huh.

@SatsumaFSoysoy  Slow and steady won the race here. Hel, Lilina and Brunnya were in no rush to finish off their opponents. Nice clear!