[FE14] Capture Fates v1.2

windypanda1

Have you ever thought that the Fates generic enemy units were really well made and kinda wanted to build a team around them?

The goal of this patch is to present a new type of challenge by making the player capture enemy units in order to build up their army.

In contrast to my previous romhack, I tried to keep changes to a minimum. That being said....

Here are the changes made to the game: 

- Corrin's personal skill has been replaced with Capture.

- All units excluding Jakob1/Felicia1 and Azura leave the party after their recruit chapter. They can still be used as player units on their recruit chapter. Paralogue units are still recruitable, meaning Mozu and Children will not leave the party. 

- Prison and its Lv2 upgrade is available at Chapter 6 for 0 cost. The Lv3 upgrade is available at its normal unlock time. (Chapter 20)

- All Item Farms and the Arena and their upgrades are available at Chapter 6 for 0 cost. (Unfortunately the game is still locked to 1 gem farm and 1 food farm per save file.)

It is HIGHLY recommended to cheat to gain an unlimited supply of My Castle Resources for bribing prisoners.

If you are playing on 3DS, here are some save editors: 

If you are playing on Citra, here is the cheat for getting unlimited My Castle resources: 

Spoiler

[(SELECT+Y)Gems & Foodstuff x99 v1.0]

DD000000 00000804
D3000000 00000000
B06D1998 00000000
B0000008 00000000
B0000000 00000000
000000DC 03FF0FFF
B00000D4 00000000
00000000 63636363
00000004 63636363
00000008 63636363
00000018 63636363
0000001C 63636363
10000020 00006363
D0000000 00000000

Patch Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CUi3e4fNIG3sv75_g3gUFsGFzvZBoV_p?usp=sharing

How to patch the ROM: 

Spoiler

1. Dump your rom into .3ds format and move it to your PC. (You need to decrypt the rom as well!)

2. Use DotNet3DSToolkit (1.4.6) to extract your .3ds file

3. Navigate to your RomFS folder and copy and paste the contents of the patch files inside the RomFS folder.

4. Rebuild the ROM to .3ds using DotNet3DSToolkit.

5. Move the file back to your 3DS, convert to .cia and enjoy!

I know this advice is pretty vague so I prepared a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2EjbCrODxo&feature=youtu.be 

This is for Fire Emblem Awakening but it's basically the same procedure.

This video only covers step 2~4. To dump your rom as a .3ds file, you will need to use firmware like GodMode9. There are many tutorials online on how to do this. 

DotNet3DSToolkit can be really buggy sometimes. If the program fails to extract/rebuild your rom, go into Appdata, delete the DotNet3DS folder, restart your PC, and try again. This works for me most of the time. If that fails, you might want to search for a different extracting software. 

Making Player Units un-recruitable is a lot more tedious than I thought, so for now this patch only includes functionality for Conquest and Birthright. I probably won't make a Revelation version.

Thanks a lot for reading! It would be appreciated if you could share your playthroughs, report bugs, or leave some feedback! I might post some things from my own playthroughs as well. If you want to contact me personally, feel free to shoot me a message on Discord at windypanda1#4593. 

Edited by windypanda1

Me and someone from the forums (Vandal) are going to pace a capture conquest run together starting from tomorrow, anyone want to join in the fun? Maybe we could talk in a Discord group chat or inside this thread. Let me know if you are interested 🙂

Edited by windypanda1

I'd like to join the fun. Discord group chat works out, just wanted to voice my interest. By pace a capture run do you mean plan it out? If so I actually have some suggestions such as the ch22 onmyoji with shurikenbreaker/tomefaire if you want to do ch25 legit.

1 hour ago, Excadrill1201 said:

I'd like to join the fun. Discord group chat works out, just wanted to voice my interest. By pace a capture run do you mean plan it out? If so I actually have some suggestions such as the ch22 onmyoji with shurikenbreaker/tomefaire if you want to do ch25 legit.

Oh, sure! By pacing a run together I mean play the game at a same/similar pace, and then we could chat about our experiences, discuss interesting techs, and plan for the next chapter, etc.

My run’s at chapter 11 at the moment, but I’m going to wait for the other guy to catch up, so there would be no problem joining now. Add me on Discord (windypanda1#4593) and then I’ll make a group chat with the 3 of us 🙂

Edited by windypanda1

47 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Even Tertiary Antagonists like Kilma ( Ice Tribe ) , Kotaro, Nichol capturable ?

Well Nichol is already capturable so that's good, I'm not sure if you can hack the game to allow Kilma and Kotaro to be capturable but that would be cool.

Playtesters have experienced crashes in Paralogue 1. Version v1.1 completely reverts Paralogue 1 to normal RIP Mozu Farm lol. Instead, I linked some save editors that the 3DS players can use. 

Edited by windypanda1

• 5 months later...

This may be a little out there, and I would have no idea where to start with something like this. But would it be possible for the enemies to have random (better skills). I'm not talking like you capture a villiage in the ice villiage and he had Ather. But I've noticed, mainly in Birthright, the enemies have lacking skills. Mainly class skills... Wouldn't it be wild I'd you were playing Conquest and you would find a solider with Vengence, or Bushido?

Maybe something like enemies in the capture have the personal skills of the recruitable units of that chapter? Like one of each so that way if you miss/kill the enemy and don't capture it you completely lose out on those skills.

Like I said not sure what would need to go into something like that. But it would make a capture run very interesting.