January/February 2021 Event Calendar

NSSKG151

40 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I hope that the fluffy fur fest is beasts and we get a free red beast with it (like Kaze was part of quests then put in the normal pool).  I honestly kind of hope this new seasonal is a tea drinking banner it would be a good way to have Three Houses characters on it and I have always liked tea.

That would be a goofy banner I'd like to see~ Who would be on it though? The only people I can think of from 3H who explicitly like tea are Ferdinand and Lorenz and both of them are already in FEH (as an alt no less, in Lorenz's case). And Maribelle I guess, if we're looking outside 3H too.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

That would be a goofy banner I'd like to see~ Who would be on it though? The only people I can think of from 3H who explicitly like tea are Ferdinand and Lorenz and both of them are already in FEH (as an alt no less, in Lorenz's case). And Maribelle I guess, if we're looking outside 3H too.

I was thinking just 3Hs in general and not Ferdinand and Lorenz since most of 3Hs cast has some type of tea they like I feel anyone from there would be able to work.  I would want Marianne on it, but as for others I don't know since I haven't read every support out there but I am sure there are tea fans in other games that I can't think of right now. I just hope it is something new since I get tiered of the same banners every time so I hope it is something new this time. 

Back in 2019, I was really bothered by a seasonal banner in January taking a New Heroes slot. Two years later, I'm a lot more okay with it, mostly because the New Heroes lineup has gotten so much better. Even focusing just on New Heroes and ignoring 3H/TMS, these are the characters who've joined the roster over the course of that time:

FE1/3:

1. Kris (M)
  2. Kris (F)
  3. Norne
  4. Astram
  5. Julian
  6. Lena
  7. Sirius
  8. Nagi
  9. Bantu
  10. Eremiya
  11. Phina

FE2:

1. Silque
  2. Forsyth
  3. Python
  4. Valbar
  5. Conrad

FE4:

1. Larcei
  2. Shannan
  3. Ced
  4. Travant
  5. Altena

FE5:

1. Eyvel
  2. Mareeta
  3. Osian
  4. Tanya
  5. Asbel
  6. Ronan
  7. Miranda
  8. Kempf
  9. Veld
  10. Sara

FE6:

1. Merlinus
  2. Lugh
  3. Chad
  4. Perceval
  5. Brunnya
  6. Guinivere
  7. Melady
  8. Galle
  9. Thea
  10. Sue
  11. Rutger
  12. Echidna
  13. Larum
  14. Dieck
  15. Igrene
  16. Idunn

FE7:

1. Leila
  2. Heath
  3. Fiora
  4. Rath
  5. Nils

FE8:

1. Ross
  2. Duessel
  3. Selena
  4. Caellach
  5. Cormag
  6. Knoll
  7. Natasha
  8. Gerik
  9. Tethys
  10. Ewan

FE9:

1. Shinon
  2. Gatrie
  3. Jill
  4. Ashnard
  5. Petrine
  6. Ilyana

FE10:

1. Jorge
  2. Caineghis
  3. Ranulf
  4. Mordecai
  5. Lethe
  6. Haar

FE13:

1. Emmeryn
  2. Gangrel
  3. Mustafa
  4. Say'ri
  5. Panne
  6. Anna
  7. Brady
  8. Yarne
  9. Nah
  10. Kjelle
  11. Cynthia

FE14:

1. Lilith
  2. Rinkah
  3. Kaden
  4. Iago
  5. Keaton
  6. Midori
  7. Selkie
  8. Forrest
  9. Velouria

There's a lot more characters I'd like, but they feel a lot closer now, to the point where I'm fine with this pace. (On top of the seasonal rosters being a lot better now than in the past.)

I was expecting another seasonal before Valentine's to show up, otherwise they'd be on schedule for a Harmonic on that banner, which seems a lot less likely than a Duo.

Also of note is that if 3H units appear on this seasonal then I doubt they'll get the Valentine's banner, they'll have co-hosted seasonals for two months in a row.

41 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Hopefully we get someone other than Roy or Lilina whenever we get a FE6 Harmonic.

Lilina is already part of a duo, so hopefully she isn't also a harmonic candidate anytime soon.

Roy could also make sense as part of a duo, to go with Eliwood since Hector/Ninian/Lyn all are part of other paired units.

7 hours ago, X-Naut said:

I was expecting another seasonal before Valentine's to show up, otherwise they'd be on schedule for a Harmonic on that banner, which seems a lot less likely than a Duo.

Also of note is that if 3H units appear on this seasonal then I doubt they'll get the Valentine's banner, they'll have co-hosted seasonals for two months in a row.

We will have Three Houses in the next Special Heroes. The Harmonic Hero will have representation from that game, based on the This Week's Coliseum notification.

Next week's Resonant Battles will have Three Houses as the Harmonic Hero's title, and Blazing Blade as the Filter Order's title, so we know that at least the Harmonic Hero is half 3H.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Assuming next week's seasonal does have Three Houses representation for the Harmonic Hero it makes me question if the Valentine's banner will still be Three Houses. I originally assumed it would be Jeralt and a M!Byleth alt on it but maybe the reason there will be no TT banner is because it will have Heroes characters on it like Gustav since he fits the dead dad on Valentine's quota and the Askr Trio will be bonus unit for the TT. Of course it could just be what I saw someone else said and the TT units will just already be other banners at the time the TT is going on and it could still be Three Houses or any other game like Sacred Stones or Genealogy.

39 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I originally assumed it would be Jeralt and a M!Byleth alt on it but maybe the reason there will be no TT banner is because it will have Heroes characters on it like Gustav since he fits the dead dad on Valentine's quota and the Askr Trio will be bonus unit for the TT. Of course it could just be what I saw someone else said and the TT units will just already be other banners at the time the TT is going on and it could still be Three Houses or any other game like Sacred Stones or Genealogy.

I did hear a suggestion that Valentine's could be Heroes, particularly Book III because of the apparent lack of a TT banner while Lif, Thrasir and Eir (but not Hel) will all be present on the January Mythic banner. But personally, I don't buy that because not only does that Mythic banner end right as the Valentine's TT begins but it'd also mean Heroes gets a second Duo Hero in a row.

Personally, I'm hoping for Awakening because they're among the titles with no Duo Hero (the others being Thracia, Path of Radiance, TMS and oddly Fates) and IS has shafted Awakening in regards to seasonals (and in general, really) for long enough now. Plus, how has my girl Cordelia not been used for Valentine's when she's a hopeless romantic?

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I did hear a suggestion that Valentine's could be Heroes, particularly Book III because of the apparent lack of a TT banner while Lif, Thrasir and Eir (but not Hel) will all be present on the January Mythic banner. But personally, I don't buy that because not only does that Mythic banner end right as the Valentine's TT begins but it'd also mean Heroes gets a second Duo Hero in a row.

Personally, I'm hoping for Awakening because they're among the titles with no Duo Hero (the others being Thracia, Path of Radiance, TMS and oddly Fates) and IS has shafted Awakening in regards to seasonals (and in general, really) for long enough now. Plus, how has my girl Cordelia not been used for Valentine's when she's a hopeless romantic?

Speaking of weird game representation among duos, New Year's is the only seasonal theme so far to have two Duos and they're both Heroes.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Speaking of weird game representation among duos, New Year's is the only seasonal theme so far to have two Duos and they're both Heroes.

Well, they've also decided to make New Years a "Heroes" holidays after the first year's banner, so I'm not really surprised that both of their premium heroes were from Heroes.

Basically, NY is the holiday of Heroes with some furries thrown in. Aside from that one time we celebrated Fates.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, they've also decided to make New Years a "Heroes" holidays after the first year's banner, so I'm not really surprised that both of their premium heroes were from Heroes.

Basically, NY is the holiday of Heroes with some furries thrown in. Aside from that one time we celebrated Fates.

True. Probably in part because of the timing, right after the books end.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:48 AM, DefyingFates said:

I'm with Merca here: if there's a focus on wholesomeness I wouldn't mind a 3H sauna banner in the vein of the Hot Springs one from 2019. If anything, the sauna lends itself to that considering how conservative the outfits are. I'm pretty sure F!Byleth's sauna-wear is more modest than her default outfit xD

My point was more that the hot springs theme is more innocent than western audiences seem to realize. It's a bonding activity, where social standing and stuff gets put aside, and the aim is relaxation. Western minds tend to sexualize it, which isn't really the intent behind the activity. People could be wearing yukata (which was originally bath wear anyway) and it would still fit the hot spring theme. They don't have to be in towels, and can still enjoy relaxing. Hot water, nice food, and the tranquil, natural surroundings... I think it's beautiful.

56 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

My point was more that the hot springs theme is more innocent than western audiences seem to realize. It's a bonding activity, where social standing and stuff gets put aside, and the aim is relaxation. Western minds tend to sexualize it, which isn't really the intent behind the activity. People could be wearing yukata (which was originally bath wear anyway) and it would still fit the hot spring theme. They don't have to be in towels, and can still enjoy relaxing. Hot water, nice food, and the tranquil, natural surroundings... I think it's beautiful.

Yeah the end of the day bath is a cleansing ritual in Japanese culture that has roots in early shintoism. Bathing is a way to purify one’s mind and soul. As the story goes Izanagi(one of the two Japanese shinto creation deities) had to bathe to purify himself after his trip to the underworld. It’s not inherently sexual. Sex is considered impure in shintoism anyway(I think). Water symbolizes purity and is used to wash away all the impurities in your mind and soul.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Awakening. It would be nice to see more characters from that game. It's a shame IS has gotten cold feet towards anything Awakening related since 2019 and does not seem to have much confidence in characters from that game.

I wonder if the fact that the hot springs revival is starting now rather than after the upcoming seasonal banner suggests it'll have a different theme.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, EricaofRenais said:

I was thinking just 3Hs in general and not Ferdinand and Lorenz since most of 3Hs cast has some type of tea they like I feel anyone from there would be able to work.

Ah, my bad! I meant to say those two are the only tea enthusiasts/ connoisseurs. Everyone likes tea in 3H except Rhea and Hubert (sort of; he doesn't hate tea IIRC, he just prefers coffee).

On 1/13/2021 at 9:13 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

We will have Three Houses in the next Special Heroes. The Harmonic Hero will have representation from that game, based on the This Week's Coliseum notification.

The weird thing is I remembered this when I made my first post but forgot afterwards, so thanks for bringing this up again!

On 1/13/2021 at 3:49 AM, Flying Shogi said:

Speaking out of bias, I want a Harmonic Nino with the twins as support. Ideally it's be Lugh as the main but Nino will.most likely drive more sales.

Aww..! This would be so. Pure!!

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, my bad! Thanks for the correction! I get what you mean now and if we are getting a 3H version this year I'm all for it capturing these same vibes too 😄

On 1/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, DefyingFates said:

I like this idea! Some other characters who love tea are Jakob and his son Dwyer, and Virion and his son Laslow. I don't recall Inigo ever mentioning tea, but Laslow often does, even in Heroes.

I'm especially enthralled by the idea of Jakob in formal tea party attire. Or really, any kind of formalwear. I'd absolutely love to see a groom Jakob (with or without bride female Corrin, but with would be even better) or a ballroom Jakob.