Remember the Castlevania-Emblem leak?

Hey all, not sure if this is the best place to post it but it's been stuck in my head.

I was thinking back to the pre-reveal era of Three Houses speculation, in which there were tons of "leaks" that were actually just made up stuff for attention.

I specifically remember one on the GameFAQs forums that declared that the Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch would have a gothic aesthetic, a customizable Lord named Dracul, 2 different factions, and a bunch of new classes like "Knight-Errant" and "Impaler".

Anyways, its kinda crazy in hindsight, given Three Houses' darker tone, but I wonder what kind of game would come of it if IS committed to a Gothic Fire Emblem like the one leaked.

I found it funny that miss leaker made a account for SF to talk about said "leaks". Anyways, seemed interesting with some mechanics being mentioned, but it sounded equally as bad as it did awesome.

Also, someone went out of their way to write the Pirate Emblem leak which read like bad fan-fiction once you laid your eyes on it.

oh god yeah, i remember that

but with hindsight, i think i'd have probably liked castlevania emblem better than 3H, overall

Edited by Yexin

I do remember that thread, yes. Evidently others do as well. The idea must have made quite an impression on us, I definitely think it was interesting if nothing else. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a Fire Emblem game like that come to fruition, just to see how it turned out.

Here's another thread of people remembering that idea.

Is there a convenient document where you can check all the things that were "leaked" about Castle Emblem?

23 hours ago, Deirdre an Bhróin said:

We got a bit of a goth aesthetic with Conquest, but one can't expect Fates to dabble into anything and build upon it, more so than overall FE. Either way, another FE title with a unique take of "Japanese impression of a slightly western fantasy land" would be great and would leave me to hope some world-building would be done in to sell the concept. 

I'm no critical theorist, but I'm definitely fascinated by how cultures think differently and their different interpretations of the aesthetics of over cultures. It's putting it through this totally new filter which is so thorough and inherent that you get a distinct collection of ideas than either culture would have produced independently on their own. It makes you wish more parts of the world were involved in popular culture.