Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2.12.21)

Perkilator

This is a port of Super Mario 3D World with a new mode called "Bowser's Fury", which was hinted at in its initial reveal during the Super Mario 35th anniversary Direct

• It's an Odyssey-esque mode that sticks primarily to 3D World's roots
  • Bowser has apparently lost all control and transformed into a gigantic monster called Mega-Fury Bowser (God-Slayer Bowser in the JP version)
  • Bowser Jr. is an AI-controlled companion; he's shown to help Mario in a few ways, like painting a ? sign on a wall to summon a Boomerang Flower
  • Mario uses a souped-up Super Bell to grow to Mega-Fury Bowser's size and turn into a lion creature to combat this new threat
  • It's currently unknown if the 4 other playable characters from 3D World will be playable again in this mode; the trailer never elaborates

This port maks its Godzilla-sized presence known on February 12th, 2021.

Did anybody else think of Jecht's theme from FFX when Bowser showed up? You got the same water citadel looking place as the opening of that game. No, just me?

Well they did it. They made a version of Super Mario 3D World that I would have bought immediately on release. Although, what it will really play like is hard to say. Are the levels totally linear yet now you can control the camera? Or did they just put their scrapped idea for an Odyssey 2 into a 3D World re-release? Have they confirmed there's no co-op in the mode? Because I would love to play as Bowser jr for the first time in a mainline mario game. Bringing back his paintbrush from Sunshine is a wonderful idea. 

If I had a dollar for every time Bowser got giant-sized...

This looks really fun and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Odyssey mixed with 3D World with some Sunshine sprinkled in sounds like something really strange on paper, yet somehow looks great in the trailer. Hope it turns out well!