What happened with Fire Emblem If?

Zera de Manti

The title is the main question, what happened to the fanmade Fire Emblem If? I started playing Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition recently and I really wanted to know what happened to the project, since all the news I find researching is from 2016 or at the most 2017, and it seemed not yet ready. I'm currently playing only with the undub, because that's all I have.

20210113_011808.jpgand do you have any idea how to install dlcs? a friend of mine gave me the Fire Emblem If 4.2 cias, the game, the update file and the dlcs (all cias), but the dlcs don't seem to work, even though I installed and reinstalled them on my 3ds via FBI. (The game and the update worked normally)

Edited by Zera de Manti

16 hours ago, Zera de Manti said:

do you have any idea how to install dlcs? a friend of mine gave me the Fire Emblem If 4.2 cias, the game, the update file and the dlcs (all cias), but the dlcs don't seem to work, even though I installed and reinstalled them on my 3ds via FBI. (The game and the update worked normally)

Here.

2 hours ago, Zera de Manti said:

thank you, but doesn't really works, I made all the steps precisely for Luma and FE Special Edition, but nothin happens, the dlcs continue not working ;-;

Are you sure the DLC cia is for the same region as the game/update?

No, I don't have, as I said, a friend of mine found the cias, decrypted and played in Citra, it worked perfectly for him (including the dlcs), so he passed the cias to me, but there was this problem with the dlcs not working and stuff. I don't know if the fact that I had a copy of the game in the USA version AND the If version installed in my 3ds influenced anything. I myself would try to put the Fire Emblem If github files into the game, but I don't know how to do that either (I'm a disappointment, I know), when I try to access the guide by clicking on "Applying patch using the provided patcher", it just reload on the page.

The Team If translation can be applied to a Japanese cia or a USA cia, but you can only have one USA-region copy installed on your 3DS at once (I think). So if your version of vanilla Fates is USA, you need to use Japanese cias for the If translation. The translation patch doesn't replace any audio, so if you apply it to a USA copy you'll still have English audio, so I recommend using a Japanese cia anyway.

You can check in FBI. From the FBI main menu, go to Titles and wait for everything to load. Do you have "ファイアーエムブレム if" listed three times with these file sizes? One should be 1.7GB, one should be 3.66MB and one should be 653MB.

bottom.png

top_1.png

top_2.png

top_3.png

I must confess that first hand I installed dlc without updating before, I thought deleting the data in 3ds' own manager would be enough, but maybe I should reinstall the whole game

I'm really thankful you're trying to help anyway ^^ really, thanks

Okay, I hate my life
I reinstalled all the cias in the corrected order and redid que process in the SD to unlock the dlcs
In the process, there is a text file I should create named "locale.txt", so I literally write "locale.txt".
When I redid the process, I simply erase the "txt" from the name, and well... now the dlc worked.

I know, that's stupid

Thank you all for the patience and the help ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

• 2 years later...