why wii u botw is superior to switch botw

indigoasis

it has one more music track than the switch version, which I believe makes it the fuller experience

i swear, if this track is somewhere in the switch version's code, I'm gonna pop my top (but not really, because it would technically be unused)

Wii U has one more music track. Let's do some quick math here...2000% more music!? *bangs calculator on desk*

Most people don't seem to recall that game was developed for Wii U, then ported to Switch. Just like people gaze confusedly at my PS3 copy of Persona 5. Twilight Princess, that's a gamecube game. Me and an old friend, we both played Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube, in two separate releases for that system. I wonder if Breath of the Wild 2 will be released only for the Switch, just like Skyward Sword, or will end up being another of these cross-gen zelda games by releasing the same month for "Switch Plus" in 2022. Only time will tell. And time is no longer returning my calls.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Wii U has one more music track. Let's do some quick math here...2000% more music!? *bangs calculator on desk*

Most people don't seem to recall that game was developed for Wii U, then ported to Switch. Just like people gaze confusedly at my PS3 copy of Persona 5. Twilight Princess, that's a gamecube game. Me and an old friend, we both played Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube, in two separate releases for that system. I wonder if Breath of the Wild 2 will be released only for the Switch, just like Skyward Sword, or will end up being another of these cross-gen zelda games by releasing the same month for "Switch Plus" in 2022. Only time will tell. And time is no longer returning my calls.

Even if it increases the song power level by 20000%, IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO STOP ME

BOTW SHOULD'VE HAD THIS SONG AS A TITLE SCREEN MUSIC PIECE!! IT PERFECTLY REPRESENTS BOTW

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Breath of the Wild has music?

Same. The Game Boy Zelda has more memorable tunes than it, and we know that was no font of good music.

Though, BotW does have some neat glitches.:

The first 55 seconds is all I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. The Game Boy Zelda has more memorable tunes than it, and we know that was no font of good music.

Gameboy Zelda Music rocks. Have you not heard Tal Tal Heights?

Just now, Jotari said:

I have, although I'm not sure why it gets praised. Isn't it nothing but a remix of the LoZ main theme? 

The music for Tarm Ruins is my subtle, short, underrated Game Boy era gem.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have, although I'm not sure why it gets praised. Isn't it nothing but a remix of the LoZ main theme? 

Sea of no Return is also pretty great.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here's my top 3 gameboy osts with their three best tracks that nobody asked for

Pokemon Gold/Silver - National Park, Credits, Lance

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - Cloud Castle, Plant Castle, Crystal Castle

Super Mario Land 2 - Star Maze, Treetop, Credits

Honorable mention to MegaMan Xtreme, who should probably be on the list, but its soundtrack is just an 8 bit de-make of the legendary soundtrack for Mega Man X. I'd say that's cheating, but any game boy enthusiast knows that most of the major franchise games are just "companion pieces" to their corresponding NES games. Another honorable mention to Tetris, because it's Tetris, and I will always associate it as a GameBoy Game even if that's not its original platform. As for the zelda games, I think Link's Awakening had some good music. It was just being constantly drowned out by the powerups.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Here's my top 3 gameboy osts with their three best tracks that nobody asked for

Pokemon Gold/Silver - National Park, Credits, Lance

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge - Cloud Castle, Plant Castle, Crystal Castle

Super Mario Land 2 - Star Maze, Treetop, Credits

Honorable mention to MegaMan Xtreme, who should probably be on the list, but its soundtrack is just an 8 bit de-make of the legendary soundtrack for Mega Man X. I'd say that's cheating, but any game boy enthusiast knows that most of the major franchise games are just "companion pieces" to their corresponding NES games. Another honorable mention to Tetris, because it's Tetris, and I will always associate it as a GameBoy Game even if that's not its original platform. As for the zelda games, I think Link's Awakening had some good music. It was just being constantly drowned out by the powerups.

Honestly I think I find the Gameboy Megaman and Castlevannia games better than their NES parents. Metroid II is probably better than the original Metroid too, though they both have their issues.

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Honestly I think I find the Gameboy Megaman and Castlevannia games better than their NES parents. Metroid II is probably better than the original Metroid too, though they both have their issues.

I've played just two of the mega man gameboy games, and I'm not sure that I can agree that they hold up from what I remember from eight years ago. However, I would love for Capcom to release one more megaman collection of those games, plus the two Mega Man Xtreme games. You can download all of those for a reasonable price on the 3DS eshop, but I fear that eshop is going to be shut down within this year, and all it's game boy games lost with it.

As for Castlevania, The Adventure gets unfairly called out as potentially the worst castlevania game when I found it wasn't even close. Like yeah, it's dumb that the player character moves that slowly, but the level and enemy design was built around that movement speed very well. And its sequel, Belmont's revenge is a game I heartily recommend to all fans of the series, or fans of hunting for genuinely great game boy games. It was the biggest surprise for me when I was going through that castlevania collection. My only issue with it was the lack of continue-able checkpoint before the final boss, which I consider a staple of good castlevania games of that era.

19 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, doesnt the wii u version have worse framerates and such? I'm not actually sure, just guessing here. That's interesting if it's true, though!

I'm pretty sure the Wii U version was the preferred version for speedrunning for a while before the Switch got a bunch of updates improving it's performance and stuff.

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Isn't that just the regular Sheikah Shrine theme?

Pretty much, lol.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .the fact that anyone took this seriously is mind-boggling.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Surely no one would come into those sacred halls of Far from the Forest just to goof around.-

I am all business here when I am Away from the Woods.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Most Gameboy music in general absolutely slaps.

This song in particular mega slaps.

30 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

As for Castlevania, The Adventure gets unfairly called out as potentially the worst castlevania game when I found it wasn't even close. Like yeah, it's dumb that the player character moves that slowly, but the level and enemy design was built around that movement speed very well. And its sequel, Belmont's revenge is a game I heartily recommend to all fans of the series, or fans of hunting for genuinely great game boy games. It was the biggest surprise for me when I was going through that castlevania collection. My only issue with it was the lack of continue-able checkpoint before the final boss, which I consider a staple of good castlevania games of that era.

If you can somehow play Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth, I highly recommend that as well. One of my favorite 'classic' Castlevania games, right after Bloodlines.

One of my favorite GBA music would have to be the opening theme of Sacred Stones. It sounds pretty badass.

One of my favorite themes from Pokémon is the battle theme between Gengar and Nidorino. Hearing that theme always gets me pumped and excited. But yeah, hearing anything from Pokémon in general brings back nostalgia, even if the music is not from that long ago.

Most of the rock themes from Advance Wars Days of Ruin are also pretty badass. My personal favorites are Lin's and Tabitha's.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

One of my favorite GBA music would have to be the opening theme of Sacred Stones. It sounds pretty badass.

One of my favorite themes from Pokémon is the battle theme between Gengar and Nidorino. Hearing that theme always gets me pumped and excited. But yeah, hearing anything from Pokémon in general brings back nostalgia, even if the music is not from that long ago.

Most of the rock themes from Advance Wars Days of Ruin are also pretty badass. My personal favorites are Lin's and Tabitha's.

You, my friend, need to expand your horizons.  May I suggest a company called Square-Enix?

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I've played just two of the mega man gameboy games, and I'm not sure that I can agree that they hold up from what I remember from eight years ago. However, I would love for Capcom to release one more megaman collection of those games, plus the two Mega Man Xtreme games. You can download all of those for a reasonable price on the 3DS eshop, but I fear that eshop is going to be shut down within this year, and all it's game boy games lost with it.

First form of the Final Boss in Belmont's revenge was a bitch to beat I'll acknowledge, but I'm not proud enough to ignore making a sage state at the start of the battle if the game provides. It's also surprisingly emotional for a game that has like a single line of dialogue. I'm surprised in the long history of the series this is the only time they had real Belmont on Belmont interaction.

6 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I'm pretty sure the Wii U version was the preferred version for speedrunning for a while before the Switch got a bunch of updates improving it's performance and stuff.

Pretty much, lol.

I am all business here when I am Away from the Woods.

Most Gameboy music in general absolutely slaps.

This song in particular mega slaps.

If you can somehow play Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth, I highly recommend that as well. One of my favorite 'classic' Castlevania games, right after Bloodlines.

Was that like a remake the made for the Wii Ware or something? I recall there being something like that which is impossible to legally buy now. Though I imagine the internet made ROMs. I must say while I prefer physical games over digital downloads, the whole living in East Asia for the past few years where reliable access to English copies of game hasn't always been certain (though apperantly Switch does automatically put games into the language of your console no matter where you buy them), downloading games has been massively convenient. It is such a shame that it means the games are only available so long as the service is in operation though. I've downloaded so many games into my 3DS, it's worth like five to ten times the value I bought it for originally. But now after years of travel it's broken, broken but reparable (I reckon). If the eshop closes before I can get it fixed then I stand to lose all of those games, many I'd like to play again and some I never got around to playing the first time.

Just now, eclipse said:

You, my friend, need to expand your horizons.  May I suggest a company called Square-Enix?

I think the only Square Enix game I have played is Kingdom Hearts on my friend's PS2.