Have anyone of you seen Ghosts, Gods, Buddha?

Hasechi

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@eclipse I see.

That was more for whoever decides to start that train of thought in this topic, not you.  Some people like to argue religion dishonestly, and it never ends well.

19 hours ago, eclipse said:

If I have to close this thread due to religious conflict, I will hand out suspensions beforehand.

I'm not one to pick fights about religion. I like hearing from other people on their thoughts regarding my beliefs, but I also believe someone's position with God is just between them and God, so I try to make a point not to engage on the subject.

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I ain't personally into the whole "physics problem evangelism" thing, personally.

I challenge you to theological combat.

...I'm intrigued by this video. I almost want to see this built into a real game...

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

I like hearing from other people on their thoughts regarding my beliefs, but I also believe someone's position with God is just between them and God, so I try to make a point not to engage on the subject.

Teddy Roosevelt would agree with you, but I would not (barring some miscommunication confusing what we each mean) and consider this to be his worst take.

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

...I'm intrigued by this video. I almost want to see this built into a real game...

It is essentially built into a real game. Civilization 6 is just okay though, I admittedly think Civ5 and Civ4 are better even if the evangelism in Civ6 is slightly, very slightly more robust.

I believe I've never encountered anything paranormal in my life. My mother, aunt and sister believes in the existence of ghosts, so they often try and persuade me into thinking normal stuff was actually the work of some kind of supernatural being. Do I believe in ghosts? No, I don't. There is planty scary stuff that's real - fear of rejection, fear of being lost, fear of an economic crash that would lead you to have to live a worse life, fear of not being accepted, etc. Of course, I'm not afraid of all of these, just some examples that are real, and people can be afraid of.

As for God, well... Religion is a sensitive topic. I used to attend a religious primary school. Even at that young age I wasn't into the idea of becoming religious. I do respect however everyone's belief, as long as it doesn't go against others. I've never encountered any God before. And unless I do, I'll probably stay an atheist.

Edited by coldhand25

@coldhand25 I'm just a curious person. There's a lot of people in religion. I just wonder why they believe in their religion. I thought they have seen one of those. So they believe there are some spirit force among human

Edited by Hasechi

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@coldhand25 I'm just a curious person. There's a lot of people in religion. I just wonder why they believe in their religion. I those they have seen one of those. So they believe there are spirit force among human

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to come off as rude. I was just referring to how it's not necessarily easy for people to talk about religion, because it's a sensitive topic. I just added that to my thoughts to show that I understand why some people wouldn't want to talk about it.

I've asked similar questions of a religious friend of mine before, there is nothing wrong with being curious. Quite the opposite, it's better to ask than to assume.

Can we just acknowledge for a second that the Buddha was an actual historical person that made no claims to divinity? Like I'm not intimately familiar with all, or even any, sects of Buddhism, but I've never heard any references to Buddha appearing as an apparition.