Bound Hero Battle: Tanya & Osian

Flying Shogi

then go play Thracia, what are you doing

I really liked the references in this map:

• The map itself is loosely based on the beginning chapter of Thracia 776 (the walls are a dead giveaway)
  • The brave-axe infantry is referencing Dagdar, who is Tanya's dad, not to mention that's the region of the map where they first come in
  • The brave-lance cavalry and sword infantry reference Finn and Leif respectively
  • The corner of the map that Osian starts in is where he gets the Vouge axe

I literally have no idea who the flying red mage is supposed to be, though. Probably just to give the map some extra difficulty for Lunatic.

Osian and Tanya get on each others' nerves a lot but they end up marrying after Thracia.

This was kinda too easy so I just decided to make Duessel do everything. All those poor Jagen and Oifey characters that got screwed before him died so he could be this broken.

@Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @Maaka @NSSKG151 @LordFrigid @Sasori

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Its one bickering couple vs another bickering couple. After I got Winter Hilda I thought she and my old Serra would also do nicely on team Boey.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Thats one super though Duessel. Having no problems with Osian and 3ven taking 0 damage from a iceburg special.  They really went all out with that unit.

@Maaka @Landmaster @BoaFerox @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

I don't really record my GHB or BHB clears anymore but this map looked like it had fun potential for one turn clears. Also, when will Raven get his Askr Resplendent art to go along with the rest of my Galeforce core team?

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear with Duessel! He can pretty much solo maps by himself with everything IS gave him. I'm of the opinion Duessel just absorbed all of Seth's god tier strength for himself with he came to Askr.

@SatsumaFSoysoy lol Duessel is kind of crazy. I'm always afraid to run into him in any map because he is so difficult to take down if he's alone. It's amazing how easily he can solo maps like this. Nice job!

@Sasori Boey is quite tanky, although that red mage certainly did a lot of damage to him. Too bad it couldn't handle an ignis from him, although not much really can. Hilda did a nice job tanking that luna from Tanya along with the axe unit. Great clear!

@NSSKG151 I still have yet to build my own Raven, despite him being an amazing galeforcer. Perhaps when he finally gets his resplendent version I will. That extra movement from L!Azura really helps out in these maps now that IS has decided to put everyone so far away. Great job!

My clear is the usual reposition spring Fir somewhere to take damage and then have her father swoop in to remove any threats near her.

This BHB was not hard. I decided to use some different units this time. Here's the Kitsune Emblem (they are all Kitsunes... I swear!)

@Maaka Once again, Team Bartre & Fir were able to defeat their opponents with only one turn of action. Nice job!

@Sasori Nice Clear! I don't know if Boey enjoys being surrounded by pink-hair ladies... or if this makes him very confused.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh wow! Duessel is so strong! I remember having problems in defeating him in the Chain Challenges! Pretty cool to see him destroying everyone.

@daisy jane @BoaFerox @mcsilas @DarkAlf @LordFrigid @Landmaster

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@SatsumaFSoysoy Love Duessel, so happy he got to be strong. His massive bulk has helped me auto clear a lot of maps.

@Sasori Almost a complete pink twintails emblem! Boey needs to fix his hair for next time. I like how Osian went "You messed with the wrong guy!" twice in his final battle... If your cool line failed to land the first time, it gets way worse if you try to do it again lol. Nice clear!

@Flying Shogi Hands sticker. Nice clear! I see a lot of people use beasts on this map for some reason (including me eheh). Freyja is just really amazing in general.

@NSSKG151 Quick and easy! This is a nice Galeforce team. Still funny to see those lopsided stats on Raven.

@Maaka The family had no problems with this. They keep placing us far away from the enemy in these, are they trying to increase the value of Odd Tempest? I certainly want it more than ever now at least, haha. Great clear!

@Diovani Bressan I was convinced until they all transformed and two of them lost their fox ears. Kitsune emblem fail Great clear! Beast teams are pretty good for Galeforce. Opening up with Kaden was pretty smart so he copies all this buffs to the ones that warp in.

I did a one turn clear as well. Freyja got to flex by using the weakest beast weapon available. Her Nightmare Horn was too strong to allow her to take the damage for Wings of Mercy, but it's not like she needs it at all with her stats. Tana also got to take out the bulkiest green unit, and this is also one of the rare appearances of Brave Lance in post-Ninja Yari times. The extra bulk is needed sometimes!

Also got surprised by how much Speed is stacked on that Mage Flier in its starting position. Bond, Spur, Rein... And when I thought I had enough speed to double through all of that I noticed the Owl tome giving 2 more Spd as well lol. Drive Spd solved that luckily.

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

@Flying Shogi Hands sticker. Nice clear! I see a lot of people use beasts on this map for some reason (including me eheh). Freyja is just really amazing in general.

Thanks! Freya is the reason I don't mind doing CC anymore. I just field her with Reyson and Sol heals enough to keep her going.

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

I did a one turn clear as well. Freyja got to flex by using the weakest beast weapon available. Her Nightmare Horn was too strong to allow her to take the damage for Wings of Mercy, but it's not like she needs it at all with her stats.

I've seen people downgrade to the next tier but to see the Iron Axe of beast weapons is kinda funny.

Quite straightforward, didn’t really need anything for this clear. OG!Elise kinda felt like disrespecting everything today.

@SatsumaFSoysoy – Daddy Duessel is disgusting, LOOOL, I am scared of the person who +10s four of him for Arena.

@Sasori– Color triangle doesn’t mean much these days, clearly. One does not simply tank Boey’s Bignis. Hilda was pretty nice here, too. I wish I could +10 her.

@NSSKG151– PLZ I need Resplendent Raven! Though I guess OG!Anna’s an Infantry Axe Askr Galeforcer. Nice one-turn!

@Maaka– Odd Tempest on Fir makes these a lot easier to set up. This seemed too easy for the Bartres, LOL

@Diovani Bressan – Hol up, there’s 2 Impostors amongst those Kitsune. Everyone making me want to Summon for NY!Kaden. That Astra was awesome!

@BoaFerox– Tana taking out Osian, very impressive! And she wasn’t even using Sturdy Impact, nice~

@Maaka I don't know if I just never noticed before but I'm seeing Bartre quadding now. That's amazing!

@BoaFerox I like seeing galeforcing dancers. They always seem unique to me. I was surprised to see Tana survive and knockout out Osian. Nice one turn clear!

@Diovani Bressan I don't think I have seen anyone do a one turn clear with beast units before. Nice clear!

@Landmaster I was surprised to see Elise survive a Luna attack from Tanya without Miracle (I don't think I saw it activate anyways). The Elise team shredded through the map quite quickly.

@Maaka : Thanks. Cool clear on your end as well. OG Bartre showed Osian who's the boss in CHOP.

@Diovani Bressan I can see it being Boey's least favourite team and his most favourite team

And Nice clear. I always forgot what a massive goat Kitsune Freya is. That 132 damage was also cool

@BoaFerox I haven't played Thracia, but Osian does seem like the kind of guy who might shout his one liner a second time.

Its always fun to see dancers go on the offensive. did't expect og azura to be a galeforcer. Tana did a good job with one roading Osian too. weapon triangle or no. Freya did good too despite having her weakest weapon on. I would't have noticed it if you did't type it.

@Landmaster : Always fun to see a close call and surviving with one hp. That was the only thing that seemed to be a threat on this map though. They one rounded everything and not by a little either.

Its a good thing tanking Boey's Ignis is hard because he doesn't hit all that hard otherwise.

Edited by Sasori

13 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

@Landmaster I was surprised to see Elise survive a Luna attack from Tanya without Miracle (I don't think I saw it activate anyways). The Elise team shredded through the map quite quickly.

Yeah, I was actually surprised she lived without Miracle there, pretty big highlight for me~

On 1/17/2021 at 1:28 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy: Thats one super though Duessel. Having no problems with Osian and 3ven taking 0 damage from a iceburg special.  They really went all out with that unit.

I guess someone in IS must really like him. Not complaining though, I like him a lot. He's more interesting than some of the other old man characters in the series imo.

Yaas Winter Hilda. I managed to get enough copies to +10, but haven't gotten around to farming feathers yet. Boey still proves to be a good tank, especially with the help of three pink twintails.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:14 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy lol Duessel is kind of crazy. I'm always afraid to run into him in any map because he is so difficult to take down if he's alone. It's amazing how easily he can solo maps like this. Nice job!

I liked seeing the last red mage suffer -17 Atk and -13 Def.

Overprotective father murders everything in a 10 tile radius.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:33 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh wow! Duessel is so strong! I remember having problems in defeating him in the Chain Challenges! Pretty cool to see him destroying everyone.

I hate seeing him as an AI opponent. My auto battles all lose to him too.

Hm, nice kitsunes. Especially the one with wings. Must be some special breed. Grats on the +Spd NYKaden. Are you going to +10?

On 1/17/2021 at 8:18 AM, BoaFerox said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Love Duessel, so happy he got to be strong. His massive bulk has helped me auto clear a lot of maps.

Same here. Always reliable.

Freyja, Tana and Azura, with Hector to pulse. A cultured team.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:10 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy – Daddy Duessel is disgusting, LOOOL, I am scared of the person who +10s four of him for Arena.

I've yet to see a +10 one, but yeah, that's scary stuff.

Elise rolled her cute face all over this map. Not much to say other than it was sad for them.

• 2 weeks later...