Special Heroes - Dark Desert Rituals

Jave

9 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Katarina is a must pull. It's been nice knowing you my orbs.

Can someone explain how they're getting -19? Assuming -7 to Atk, I get the -7(Atk debuff) + -5(weapon) but where's the other -7 coming from? 

She inflicts -12 in-combat debuff. The others -7 are from visible debuffs, like Chill Atk.

(-12) + (-7), for a total of -19 of a combination of visible and invisible debuffs.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, male Grima would've been a decent choice since female Grima got a Halloween banner. And it'd be funny if the dragon god of Plegia went to a festival celebrating them.

8 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I think it's better when the banners are a little more creative than just using all obvious choices

I agree.

For all my grievances on the seasonal choice, I don't have a problem with the actual units chosen. Personally, I think it would have been boring if they just choose all Plegians for it.

Kind of like how people just wanted the Ninja banner to just be full of characters who are....already ninjas. Not much creativity if you go that route.

I don't think I've ever been as disappointed for a banner as this one.  The only unit that looks like they belong at this "festival" is Katarina - Tharja looks like her normal self, Raphael is a giant "wut", and don't get me started on the head-scratching that is Dorothea/Lene.

I guess I'm taking the seals and running.  Far, far away.

So, I can never tell these things: Are any of those Grimleal torches (tomes) inheritable? If so, I feel somewhat obligated to give some to Robin/F!Morgan (M!Morgan already has a Grimleal tome: Grima's Truth.)

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

I agree.

For all my grievances on the seasonal choice, I don't have a problem with the actual units chosen. Personally, I think it would have been boring if they just choose all Plegians for it.

Kind of like how people just wanted the Ninja banner to just be full of characters who are....already ninjas. Not much creativity if you go that route.

Yep. I am with you as well.

I am fine if having at least one unit representing that theme. For example, in the Ninjas banner, it was Hana. She is not a Ninja, but she is from Hoshido and understand the culture.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

She inflicts -12 in-combat debuff. The others -7 are from visible debuffs, like Chill Atk.

(-12) + (-7), for a total of -19 of a combination of visible and invisível debuffs.

Missed the part after the 5. Thanks for the explanation.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

So, I can never tell these things: Are any of those Grimleal torches (tomes) inheritable? If so, I feel somewhat obligated to give some to Robin/F!Morgan (M!Morgan already has a Grimleal tome: Grima's Truth.)

Only Tharja's

6 minutes ago, Nym said:

Only Tharja's

Odd. Well, at least she's green, so I can slap that tome onto F!Robin or something if I happen to pull her. Give her (Robin) and her son some Grimleal bonding experience or whatever. Just missing dear ol' dad.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, male Grima would've been a decent choice since female Grima got a Halloween banner. And it'd be funny if the dragon god of Plegia went to a festival celebrating them.

To be fair what would Grima’s outfit even be? Honestly if you just slapped him on the banner with no change then he’d fit right in. I feel like the only reason isn’t on this banner is because they didn’t know what outfit to even put him in

Can’t help feeling like this banner is such wasted opportunity. A theme around Awakening but it only includes one Awakening character...that already wears clothes from Plegia canonically. 

Not really feeling Dorothea. The thing about dancers is that unless they have something drastically different like L!Azura or the fairies, I feel like they all function fairly similarly...The duo skills are nice but I don’t remember to use them 80% of the time.

I do wonder what other banners based off of clothing from different FE countries will be included in the future.

Cant wait for the salt generated when Nohr’s thigh gaps gets featured as a special banner.

Edited by zuibangde

A Morgan alt would have been nice here, but, alas...

I am a pretty easy to please FEH player, but, dang, this banner is not doing much for me. I wish we got Henry alongside Tharja. Katarina deserves an alt, absolutely, in my book, but I just wish it was more Bridal and less... well, Plegian lol. M Kris is nice. I hope he looks good in the outfit! I might build him up on a budget if so. 

The Duo... interesting... if they had to give Genealogy some sort of Duo rep, of course it's the cute dancer girl, and she is billed as the "cheerleader" of the Duo at that lol.

Poor Dorothea. Two alts, no base form. Won't boast well for CYL, I think.

Well, I guess that's that. Oh, yeah, Raphael. Why him...? I am happy he is in rather than being shunned away for months like I feared he would. 

I will definitely pick up a copy of Rapahel, and I might try a bit on the Duo. But I am not too sold on the two... 

6 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

A Morgan alt would have been nice here, but, alas...

Ikr? Honestly, this banner would have been perfect for my wish for Robin, Morgan, and Validar being showcased as Grimleal, especially if we could also have an FB or something showcasing their dark family bonds. I wanted this timeline expose, but now I don't think we'll get it... Tharja would have fit in, too, since I'm sure she would have joined the Grimleal if he/she was a part of it while she was Robin-chasing. They could have put Noire in, too, then.

WHERE

IS

HENRY

I would like 2 copies of Tharja for that delicious Green Tome but I'm too broke and don't need to be more broke before the Anniversary. I'll wait for her Double Special Rerun. I will try for her or Raphael with my free Summons, tho~

Happy M!Kris is free! Anticipating his art.

Damn it why is Dorothea on this banner? I was trying to save for 1,000 orbs.

Male Kris being here rubs me the wrong way, not because he got an alt before female, but because he's here with Katarina; F Kris was already treated as non-canon in their Forging Bonds and this feels like it's just adding insult to injury. Meh, not like I'm not used to it.

If we wanted a more normal spread of characters, I think they could have done the following to make a good banner:

Tharja
M!Robin + F!Kris 
Katarina
Etzel (Demote)

TT: M!Kris

Probably would sell better as well. 

6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

If we wanted a more normal spread of characters, I think they could have done the following to make a good banner:

Tharja
M!Robin + F!Kris 
Katarina
Etzel (Demote)

TT: M!Kris

Probably would sell better as well. 

How is shoving Kris more on the banner a good decision.

@Landmaster

I would have liked him, too. 😞

@TheNiddo

Ooo Etzel would have been fun for this, yeah (though I think I've only seen his bust.)

If I was to reorganize this banner, I would have made it based on the Ruin Timeline in Awakening, featuring Robin's family (kind of like a messed-up version of what IS tends to do for Valentine's Day.)

Validar: Grimleal High Priest (star of the banner, given some fancier alternative outfit reflecting his high status. In this timeline, he's winning.)

M!Robin: Grimleal Tactician (though he's already wearing a Grimleal-style coat, in this, his outfit would, again, be much fancier/regal. He wouldn't be possessed by Grima, but instead would be willingly helping Validar to bring about Grima, even knowing his fate in doing so.)

F!Morgan + Lysithia: Students of Grima (just like in Future Past, Morgan be helping the Grimleal due to her loyalty to her father. Again, she'd be wearing a different outfit from her usual, but still Grimleal-inspired. Meanwhile, Lysithia would be researching ways to keep her power from overwhelming her, and has reached out to F!Morgan for help in this. They're studying the power of Grima together to see if harnessing some of that power could help Lysithia keep her own power in balance.)

Tharja: Sacrificial Devotee (she can look like she does here, sure, but the reason for her being here/joining the Grimleal would completely be because she's chasing Robin, who may or may not also be Noire's father in this timeline.)

TT: Noire: Family Project (she would have white hair here, and also be one of the Grimleal, with her dual personality being mostly in its extreme state. Evidently, the entire family has been experimenting on her, not just her mother, and as a result, she's become a ruthless devotee of the Grimleal.)

So, kind of a Valentines-Fallen crossover banner. 🙂

49 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair what would Grima’s outfit even be? Honestly if you just slapped him on the banner with no change then he’d fit right in. I feel like the only reason isn’t on this banner is because they didn’t know what outfit to even put him in.

Basically the thought process behind this banner least as far as I can tell was:

Tharja = hot so what if we put other girl in thrja outfit. And the rest of horny monkeys in the dev room collectively started clapping uncontrollably

14 minutes ago, Seazas said:

How is shoving Kris more on the banner a good decision.

Simple, Avatar + Avatar pairing.

Despite what some circles like to believe, Kris isn't the most hated unit ever. Kris' banner sold not great but not bottom of the barrel as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/uDE4mzD. Very large portion of the fanbase that has no clue who Kris is because they're casual fans and never bothered to emulate Heroes of Light and Shadow and have only played Awakening/Fates/3H/Echoes, and thus they don't hate Kris. Its fairly reasonable to assume that an Avatar + Avatar pairing would be enough to offset some of the older fans who don't like Kris, particularly since technically Kris and Robin are from the same content and they could have some very interesting conversations about how things changed.

If they wanted to crash the banner's sales they would add FE6 characters, as that was the banner that did the worst last year and didn't have anything around it to drive down sales (unlike Jill's banner who did poorly but had multiple major limited time banners around it among other things which meant people had no orbs to drop on her banner). 

Just now, TheNiddo said:

Simple, Avatar + Avatar pairing.

Despite what some circles like to believe, Kris isn't the most hated unit ever. Kris' banner sold not great but not bottom of the barrel as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/uDE4mzD. Very large portion of the fanbase that has no clue who Kris is because they're casual fans and never bothered to emulate Heroes of Light and Shadow and have only played Awakening/Fates/3H/Echoes, and thus they don't hate Kris. Its fairly reasonable to assume that an Avatar + Avatar pairing would be enough to offset some of the older fans who don't like Kris, particularly since technically Kris and Robin are from the same content and they could have some very interesting conversations about how things changed.

If they wanted to crash the banner's sales they would add FE6 characters, as that was the banner that did the worst last year and didn't have anything around it to drive down sales (unlike Jill's banner who did poorly but had multiple major limited time banners around it among other things which meant people had no orbs to drop on her banner). 

So again, outside of hate... Kris is a nobody, therefore not a good decision to pair with. At best it should be Robin paired with Tharja or Chrom or something else.