Choose Your Legends 5

Fire Emblem Fan

I know Choose Your Legends 5 hasn't technically started yet, but CYL 1 started on January 18th, the second on January 22nd, and the third and fourth both started on January 21st. I figure it's likely we're very close to CYL 5's start, so I thought I'd start up a topic to discuss our votes, predictions, and CYL 5 in general.

In the male division, I think Marth has a very high chance of being one of the winners this year. The votes between his various selves will be combined at the end so he won't be screwed out of a win like he was in CYL 2; fans have learned their lesson not to be lax with their votes and let another character pass him like they allowed Eliwood in CYL 3; no Three Houses male really matched him in CYL 4, so they're not likely to beat him here, either. I think this will finally be Marth's year. As for the other male winner, I'm predicting it will be close between Chrom and Male Byleth.

As for the female division, my heart says Eirika, but my brain predicts that Female Byleth and Marianne will be the two winners there. If Marianne had gotten into Heroes before CYL 5, whether it was as a New or Special hero, then maybe she wouldn't have as much of a chance. But her fans really want her in, and I think we're all surprised that she isn't in Heroes yet.

I'm going to give most of my votes to Brom. I'm dedicated to voting for Brom until he's actually put into Heroes, even though he has no chance of winning. I might throw a vote or two Marth's way, as well.

I think I will go with either Anna or Plumeria. I think I will just focus on one unit this time and not split any of my votes, but I have not decided who I will pick yet. I am still leaning slightly towards Plumeria.

If I go with Anna, I am leaning towards Awakening Anna since I think she is the one with most people rallying behind last time, but I will align my vote to whichever Anna has the most votes once the midterm results come out.

Just like in previous years, all of my votes go to Elena! It's great that Mist can get her staff as a refine, but that's not good enough for me. I want her in the game so that I can finally complete this family! Also so I can get to know her better, and finally play as her. She was only in cutscenes before, but she has such a rich backstory. She was friends with a Heron princess, she was entrusted with the medallion, she fled Daein with her husband and eventually helped him with his mercenary company. She was also brave enough to save her husband from himself when he touched the medallion, even at the cost of her own life. She was so cool, but we never get to actually interact with her...which is why I want her so badly! She had an adventure most people don't even know about (and could even be its own game!)

So, all my votes to Elena. For such an obscure character, she places okay. Maybe IS will finally put her into the game, even though she has only a slim chance of actually winning.

Anyone who doesn't know how to spend their votes, please consider donating one or two to getting Elena from Path of Radiance into the game!

Someone asked me permission for this, and unless there's an in-game announcement, this thread's going up on the 20th.

EDIT: Unfortunately, this isn't exactly an ordinary discussion.  Not after someone managed to get themselves suspended for three months over it.

Edited by eclipse