Tempest Trials+: Love of Family!

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trial+ is coming, titled "Love of Family"! 

5kvreGt.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Plegian Dorothea (& Plegian Lene), Plegian Raphael, Plegian Tharja, Plegian Katarina, Plegian Male Kris, Lene, Female Kris and Katarina.

3oKnUC0.jpg

Plegian Male Kris's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

5TKrJv8.jpg

Knight of Altea who advanced to become the leader of the 7th Platoon. Currently deployed on a mission.
Appears in Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem.

8zFCqG2.png Plegian Axe+ (Mt: 14, Range: 1)
If unit is not adjacent to an ally, inflicts penalty on foe's Atk/Def during combat = 5 + any current penalty on each of those stats.
(Example: if foe has -7 penalty to Atk, inflicts Atk-12, for a net penalty of Atk-19 during combat.) Calculates each stat penalty independently.

6e9aztz.png Draconic Aura (Cooldown: 3)
Boosts damage by 30% of unit's Atk.

XTz7T2e.png Spd/Def 2
Grants Spd/Def+2.

n4BGDWs.png Chill Atk 3
At start of turn, inflicts Atk-7 on foe on the enemy team with the highest Atk through its next action.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

rBFPmn5.png Brazen Spd/Def 3
At start of combat, if unit's HP ≤ 80%, grants Spd/Def+7 during combat.

cIIoEvK.png Air Orders 3
At start of turn, grants the following status to adjacent flying allies for 1 turn:
"Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces."

You can also earn some SGnfvl7.png Divine Codes ( Ephemera 1 ) by reaching the 6,000 score, and a 6pFkGsZ.png Fire Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Final Map:

Spoiler

NJk1cT6.png

Boss - Tharja: Florid Charmer
Plegian's Torch+ / Reprisal / Swift Sparrow 3 / Chill Res 3 / Spd/Res Rein 3

Enemy Slot 2: Melee Cavalry unit
Enemy Slot 3: Melee Infantry unit
Enemy Slot 4: Ranged Infantry unit
Enemy Slot 5: Melee Armored unit

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I have none of the regular units, and I'm not touching that banner for a while, so Kris it is after the first 1000 points. He has a decent stat spread and I can give him Spd/Def Solo.

Flier Ball teams in AR just got a big buff, and I'm not looking forward to Ground Orders being more accessible.

Edited by LoneStar

Love of family + Grimleal, eh? Sounds like Morgan. ... Not that Morgan is featured here. Could have really dove into Ruin Timeline Robin's relationship with Validar, too, but I digress.

I wonder why this TT is called this. Tharja kept talking about stalking Robin in the fest maps (no surprise there) but maybe Robin appears here? I guess Fallen Robin could be the boss of this TT or something, but wouldn't it be Morgan who would make the most sense for appealing to him/her? This is messing with my prediction ability here... It probably won't be about Kris and Katarina since they featured in the fest maps, so...maybe it'll feature Dorothea and Lene since they have family issues (much like Tethys)?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Love of family + Grimleal, eh? Sounds like Morgan. ... Not that Morgan is featured here. Could have really dove into Ruin Timeline Robin's relationship with Validar, too, but I digress.

I wonder why this TT is called this. Tharja kept talking about stalking Robin in the fest maps (no surprise there) but maybe Robin appears here? I guess Fallen Robin could be the boss of this TT or something, but wouldn't it be Morgan who would make the most sense for appealing to him/her? This is messing with my prediction ability here... It probably won't be about Kris and Katarina since they featured in the fest maps, so...maybe it'll feature Dorothea and Lene since they have family issues (much like Tethys)?

yeah, was wondering too!  tbh my vibe is that it was a found-family style mention to riff off of Kris/Kat's last convo in the main story maps?  Not in terms of immediate kinship vibes, but when Kat was looking secretively looking around at the celebration and wanting that sense of belonging - you could work in the bit about Dorothea and Lena and I can see Raph being the joyful kind that distracts them all from the momentary gloom.

seal wise: zihark's going to love that brazen speed/def what with CC's speed-based damage reduction :o frees up the brazen res/def for somebody obnoxious like duessel lmao.  air orders is excellent for my flierball wyvern squad.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I wonder why this TT is called this.

If you want to know the answer now, it [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

involves Raphael buying souvenirs for his sister with Dorothea & Lene helping him find things that would appeal more to girls.

Also, the boss is [still SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

just green Tharja, with the final map itself being Chapter 9 from Awakening.

It probably was never going to be M!Grima since they already used him as a TT boss way back in 2018 (the TT for the Horse Chrom + Morgans banner). M!Grima can however appear as a random enemy on the final map since it'll always have a melee armor unit.

Well Lene will be my bonus until I get M!Kris who is now at the top of my grail project list.  Lene will be on a team with: B!Dimitri, S!A!Tiki and Lissa.

I don't have any of the main banner characters (except for F!Kris and THREE regular Katarinas that the game thought of throwing my way last week--seriously?). Guess I'll be going with F!Kris on this one.

Air Orders is a seal I'll definitely be putting to good use.

@Tybrosion

Ah, that makes sense. Though...

Spoiler

It feels a little bit like a cop-out. And why is Dorothea taking over for Hilda? Raphael's support with her was all about that theme.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:58 AM, Mercakete said:

I know someone already told you what the "plot" of this TT is, but I do think the characters are somewhat fitting.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, kradeelav said:

yeah, was wondering too!  tbh my vibe is that it was a found-family style mention to riff off of Kris/Kat's last convo in the main story maps?  Not in terms of immediate kinship vibes, but when Kat was looking secretively looking around at the celebration and wanting that sense of belonging - you could work in the bit about Dorothea and Lena and I can see Raph being the joyful kind that distracts them all from the momentary gloom.

I think all the characters in this banner, except Tharja, talk about family in some way. However, I think a sense of belonging is used for the definition of "family" in this context.

• Katarina was orphaned at a young age, but was raised by Eremiya in the assassins' guild with the other children. Some slight FE12 spoilers, but
    Spoiler

Katarina ultimately joins Kris' side, betraying the Assassins' Guild, which was essentially her family. A hardcore Katarina fan could explain her personal arc a little bit better than me so I'm hoping one shows up.

• Kris helps Katarina... and they're a popular ship. Can't say much on his personality.
  • Lene is just trying to find her place in the world, and laments the fact that she has no family to help guide her. In the few moments in FE4 where she has dialogue, Lene expresses her desire to feel wanted (both platonically and romantically). Her parentage (or lack of) greatly shapes who she is, even more so than most Gen 2 characters.
  • Dorothea is an orphan who's goal is to marry rich. However, she has also stated she wants this arrangement to be happy and maybe have a few kids. She truly wants a sense of belonging and stability, something she doesn't have at the present. So family is also important to her.
  • Raphael is a family man and is very protective of his sister.
  • Tharja is the only one who doesn't have a good relationship with the concept of family. In fact, she's an abusive mother. So maybe she's on here as some kind of twisted joke.

Ironically, Katarina, Dorothea, and Lene are the best people to recruit for a cult because they don't have families, so it's easier to isolate them and give them a sense of family. It's screwed up, but it's who dark ritualists would want.

3 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

For some reason I was expecting to see -19 Atk as an in combat debuff when it's a mix of visible and in combat debuffs with the new seasonal weapons.

No... The example the weapons give says -19, but it's a combination of -7 visible debuffs and -12 in-combat debuff.

Unless you attack someone that also has a Atk+7 from Hone Atk 4 and was hit by the Panic status, then you will have -19:

Screenshot_20210118-210715.png.1172d2e01dc585f0c9753e92c2fca641.png

It keeps being mentioned that Lene doesn't have family, but doesn't she have a brother (even if, perhaps, she doesn't know about him until both are recruited)? I thought that all the FE4 g1 ladies had both a son and a daughter. Looked it up and yup, Corpul is a thing. It'll be cool whenever it is that he makes it into Heroes.

20 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It keeps being mentioned that Lene doesn't have family, but doesn't she have a brother (even if, perhaps, she doesn't know about him until both are recruited)? I thought that all the FE4 g1 ladies had both a son and a daughter. Looked it up and yup, Corpul is a thing. It'll be cool whenever it is that he makes it into Heroes.

Yes, Lene has a younger brother named Corpul (or Coirpre, as his localized name).

Both were abandoned by Silvia in an orphanage in Darna. Lene grown up in Darna, while Corpul was adopted and raised in Thracia. They can meet later in the game, but they don't know they are siblings, and it's not confirmed that they discovered about being siblings even after the was is over.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes, Lene has a younger brother named Corpul (or Coirpre, as his localized name).

Both were abandoned by Silvia in an orphanage in Darna. Lene grown up in Darna, while Corpul was adopted and raised in Thracia. They can meet later in the game, but they don't know they are siblings, and it's not confirmed that they discovered about being siblings even after the was is over.

Huh. I thought I saw a conversation between them at one point... I may be misremembering it. Either way, though, it's not like she has NO family. Just none she knows of. And did Sylvia really abandon them, or was it one of those "I can't reasonably take care of them so I'll give them to someone who can" situations?

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. I thought I saw a conversation between them at one point... I may be misremembering it. Either way, though, it's not like she has NO family. Just none she knows of. And did Sylvia really abandon them, or was it one of those "I can't reasonably take care of them so I'll give them to someone who can" situations?

I don't know. I never played Genealogy. I just went to FE Wikia to know about Lene and Corpul/Coirpre, and they used the word "abandon" there. lol