Tempest Trials+: Love of Family!

Diovani Bressan

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. I thought I saw a conversation between them at one point... I may be misremembering it. Either way, though, it's not like she has NO family. Just none she knows of. And did Sylvia really abandon them, or was it one of those "I can't reasonably take care of them so I'll give them to someone who can" situations?

They do have a conversation, but they don't know who they are to each other during it.:

Spoiler

Leen with Corple

Leen:
“Are you Corple?”

Corple:
“Ah… yes, that’s right.”

Leen:
“So you’re an orphan, too, huh… Do you remember any of your childhood?”

Corple:
“No, none of it. I guess I was just a baby when my father found me in Darna.”

Leen:
“You were also in Darna!?”

Corple:
“You know Darna?”

Leen:
“Yeah, I grew up at the convent in Darna. I must’ve been about two when a young lady, a dancer I think, left me at the convent. And that sort of explains why I became a dancer. I thought I might be able to find my mother someday if I did. I’m not all that good yet, but I’m completely self-taught.”

Corple:
“Wow, Leen, that’s great. I”
guess I’ve had it wrong about you.

Leen:
“Corple, you don’t like dancers, do you…”

Corple:
“Well, I didn’t before, but I like you, Leen.”

Leen:
“Heehee… Thanks, Corple.”

We haven't a clue about Silvia's choice. The conversation says Silvia dropped Lene off around the age of two as you see, which means Coirpre could've been born and dropped off by this point too, but Lene clearly doesn't remember it, which throws that possibility into question.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the ending. I get that Lene doesn't know Corpul, but poor guy. And poor Raphael! He's so nice to Dorothea and Lene, and these two talk about taking advantage of his kindness at the end... As Lene puts it, to "make him do something." I don't like it. I'm glad that they get a sort of found family, but it'd be nice if they didn't have that manipulative bit at the end.

"Haha, isn't it funny and endearing of this girl to immediately ask this guy for nice shit when he offers?"

I've definitely seen this kind of personality before on characters, usually female characters, and apparently we're supposed to find it cute. If a dude did that to a girl we're supposed to be mad at him for taking advantage of a nice girl. Honestly, the only thing you can do is get mad at writers to stop using stupid tropes.

Lene didn't miss a beat though, jeez.