Need help with pairings

_radio_host_

So I’m about to start my first play through of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and I need some help pairing M!Corrin. I’ve narrowed it down to Azura, Sakura or Rhajat but I don’t know who to pick. Who is going to give good stats and classes to Kana? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rhajat can technically give your Kana a higher stat cap if that's what you want, otherwise Azura gives pretty good stat growths in speed and strength.

Sakura isn't really going to nuke Kana's strength and Azura won't nuke her magic, but Rhajat will definitely hurt her strength. It depends on what your trying to do.

For immediate skills Sakura gives Renewal that can go well with Kana's personal ability. Azura can pass down Sky Knight for Darting Blow.

Edited by LoneStar

10 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Rhajat can technically give your Kana a higher stat cap if that's what you want, otherwise Azura gives pretty good stat growths in speed and strength.

Sakura isn't really going to nuke Kana's strength and Azura won't nuke her magic, but Rhajat will definitely hurt her strength. It depends on what your trying to do.

For immediate skills Sakura gives Renewal that can go well with Kana's personal ability. Azura can pass down Sky Knight for Darting Blow.

I’m looking for a more healer based Kana. Sorry I should have made that more clear in the post. But I’d like her to be well rounded overall

So let's look at the good and the bad.

Azura - Her modifiers are generically useful.  She also has Sky Knight in her tree, which means access to a flying staff class and another class that gets passive healing in the form of a skill.  However, your Kana will need to promote in order to gain her staff classes, and she loses access to one of them (Shrine Maiden/Onmyoji) without a specific Heart Seal pairing.

Sakura - All Hoshidan staff classes, check.  Decent modifiers, check.  Though Shrine Maiden's a good class to gain staff WEXP along with levels, its skills are mediocre at best.

Rhajat - Hoo boy, this one's tricky.  Can potentially get the best modifiers, but you'll need supports on Kana to unlock both staff classes.

Felicia/Shigure - Both of these can pass Troubadour to Kana, but Shigure will only do so if Corrin's other reclass option is Sky Knight.  Troubadour allows access to Live to Serve along with some nifty auras.  Plus, mounted healer which can promote into mounted bigger healer with tomes.  Kana will still need to cozy up to someone else for Shrine Maiden/possibly Sky Knight (for Felicia).

You'll need to specify what you want out of Kana besides "supportive staffbot".  If the differences that have been pointed out aren't that big, then go with whoever has the best conversations.

I like to use this website as a tool with pairings, which I think can help you out.

https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

I typically like to use it to mess around and see what the results from certain pairings are, but I think it's a legitimately good tool to utilize.

I can't really give great advice when it comes to this kinda stuff, but I'm more than happy to offer things that you can use to help yourself. Based on what you say that you want, though, I'd go with Sakura.

Thanks so much for the responses everyone! I really want Kana to be well rounded with an emphasis on healing. I’ll probably use her as a staff bot but I don’t won’t her to be frail either, if that helps. Sorry I’m not too good with this kinda stuff (that’s why I’m here lol)

If you want her to be a Shrine Maiden, Adventurer, Hoshidan Noble, or Maid, make sure to have Corrin have that as a secondary class option. Azura would make the best hybrid Kana for that kind of class.

For Onmyoji or Strategist Kana, either Sakura or Rhajat will work. Do note that Rhajat is a second gen kid, so Kana will be a third gen kid and have higher stat caps. If you want Kana to come soon as possible, marry Sakura instead because it may take a long time to pair up Hayato up with someone then have Corrin marry Rhajat.

I watched all of the support convos. I honestly liked Azuras the best but I think I’m going to marry her on my revelation play through so I’m going with Sakura. Rhajat’s support convo was just.... no-

On 1/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, _radio_host_ said:

I watched all of the support convos. I honestly liked Azuras the best but I think I’m going to marry her on my revelation play through so I’m going with Sakura. Rhajat’s support convo was just.... no-

The best way to pair characters- with your heart.