Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

Going off of past years, CYL will likely be kicking off tomorrow (or maybe the 22nd) so I wanted to make this thread now with @eclipse's permission.

Speaking of Eclipse, she'll be dropping in to say this herself but she asked me to warn everyone not to start any fights or derail the thread into one about 3H's story/ Edelgard's morality. Anyone who does so gets a one month ban.

Here's a link to the CYL 5 homepage! NOTE: CYL HASN'T BEGUN YET. It'll most likely kick off at 7pm, Jan 21st PT or 3am, Jan 22nd UTC based on past years.

UPDATE: CYL has begun! I've updated the URL to reflect this too; it's changed slightly from CYL3 and 4. Happy voting, all!

As with previous years I'm going to be voting for Eirika. I've got a character analysis co-written by @Icelerate in my signature for those interested, I really hope she wins this year! Who are you all voting for, and are any of you still on the fence? Let us know!

NOTE: According to this tweet, the midterms are releasing on the 25th (Monday). Assuming it'll be at the same time that trailers release, this would be at 7pm PT (or 3am UTC on the 26th). Stay tuned!

UPDATE 2: Nevermind, midterms are out right now! When IS said the 25th, it seems they meant 1am instead (9am UTC). Or more specifically, that's when IS released the results and NoA is just keeping pace.

Top 3 of each gender right now:

Spoiler

Women:

1. Eirika
  2. Byleth (Awakened)
  3. Marianne (War Arc)

Men:

1. Marth
  2. Gatekeeper
  3. Chrom

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting for Marth has no meaning now that he's in the game with no pants...

For reals, I dunno who I'm gonna vote for. It's not like I really attached myself to any characters in the last year, plus Farfetched Heroes are dead so no point voting with that in mind...

Edited by Xenomata

I’m gonna dump all my votes into Severa this year. I swear to god IS if you make me wait one more goddamn year for my favorite tsundere daughter I will go insane.

So, every year, I do 4 "please add me votes" and 3 "frontrunner votes," with the frontrunners being decided at the half time reveal (aka, who can I vote for to hilariously overthrow Marth again).

My first 4 votes will be Bastian, Nasir, Hapi, and Zihark.

My last 3 votes, subject to change, will probably be Sigurd/Seliph, Bernadetta, and Chrom/MRobin.

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Poor kid needs them. It's unfortunate how much he's looked down on when he (and Ashe) are probably the best representatives of the playerbase 😕

Ignatz has a great personality. Just an awful design and bad performance to go along with it. It's kind of easy to understand why he's unpopular.

I thought Ashe was actually kind of popular though, despite his lack of performance.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I thought Ashe was actually kind of popular though, despite his lack of performance.

As in top 10 of the males CYL popular. Actually I think he's the most popular Three Houses character not yet in the game which might boost his chance. It might also boost Marianne's chances. I'd put money on there being a Brave Marianne. 

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ignatz has a great personality. Just an awful design

I'm one of the rare ones who likes the design. Its cute in a dorky little brother sort of way. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I would say my plans myself but

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

I’m gonna dump all my votes into Severa this year. I swear to god IS if you make me wait one more goddamn year for my favorite tsundere daughter I will go insane.

this is literally me too. The only difference is that there’s a chance because I’m terrible at sticking to my word when it comes to anything FEH-related that I throw a vote or two to whoever (likely Marianne, a character I like and would like to see win anyways) can block Eirika from winning.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ignatz has a great personality. Just an awful design and bad performance to go along with it.

And yet, Ashe is apparently popular even though he’s worse than Ignatz in regards to gameplay (lol Locktouch as a personal skill).

Ignatz, if all else fails, can at least be a rally bot since he gets Rallies Spd, Dex and Str and is proficient in Authority.

Edited by Tybrosion

Gonna keep voting Tormod until he gets into the game same with Luthier. Also going to give a vote to Eirika and Reinhardt because I actually do like them and would like to see them win.

Maybe I'll vote Marcia because I want her added into the game too.

I, uh, really don't care enough about 3H characters to throw them a vote. The ones I like are already in (although I haven't played Golden Deer as a proper path yet) and I actually disliked Marianne, Bernadetta, and both Byleths so I wouldn't want to see them in top 2.

Edited by Sunwoo

I'm both rooting for and predicting that Marth will be a winner this year. He's very overdue, especially for how popular he is. In CYL 1, if they had combined everyone's votes between their various versions, Marth would have been 4th place in the male division, below Ike, Roy, and Hector, but above Chrom and Ephraim. In CYL 2, again if they had combined votes, he would have finished 2nd ahead of Ephraim and been a winner. This year will finally be his year. The other male winner will be close between Chrom and Male Byleth, I think.

On the female side, I'm rooting for Eirika, but my brain says that Female Byleth and Marianne will be the two winners. A very large portion of people really want Marianne in the game, and Female Byleth is just popular. But, here's hoping for Eirika!

As for my votes, I'm dedicating them to Brom. Or the majority of them, anyway. I'm dedicated to Brom until he's in the game. Any other votes that don't go to him will go to Marth.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The only difference is that there’s a chance because I’m terrible at sticking to my word when it comes to anything FEH-related that I throw a vote or two to whoever (likely Marianne) can block Eirika from winning.

May I ask why please? That just seems...incredibly petty...

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

May I ask why please? That just seems...incredibly petty...

It is incredibly petty, no "seems" about it. It's kinda being a dick to that character's fans for no reason 😛

I'm thinking some combination of Seliph, Rhea, Pelleas, and Dorothea.

Expecting the winners to be Byleth x2, Marth, and Eirika, which... I wouldn't be excited about, but Marth and Eirika definitely deserve it.

Edited by Book Bro

Neither of the Byleths excite me. I've gone through AM and CF and am working on SS, and I legit don't see their appeal. Is there anything substantial to them except for self-insert appeal because I really don't know why else they're so high up.

Is that time of the year again yay!

I guess I will give some votes to Constance von Nuvelle and Elincia and wait for the mid-results to decide my last votes. I don’t have a preference for the winners, but it would be cool if Eirika wins.

And I'm here~!

So, let's start: DON'T BE A DICK.  I know you guys don't have my superior character tastes, and that's okay.  Not everyone can appreciate the guy who very nearly killed off Kris in FE12 during a base conversation.  You're allowed to cheer for characters.  You're allowed to not like characters.  But don't be petty about your choices - in the end, this is a video game popularity contest, and being petty about something this small speaks volumes about a person's character.  And outright insulting people for liking a character that you don't isn't allowed.  So is being obnoxious about your love of a character - this knife goes both ways.

Second, this is about CYL.  This is not about 3H's story, Camilla's tits, Micaiah's anything, Eirika's mediocre combat skills in her own game, or all the other nonsense that tends to take over this thread.  This one STARTS with a one-month suspension, but may be longer for repeat offenders/people who are especially bad about it.  Don't.  Do.  It.

Lastly, the fact that someone needed to ask me about all these clauses should tell y'all the state of the fandom.  Let's try to be better this year, and maybe one day, I don't have to come in here and pretend that I'm giving an inauguration speech (I'm listening to the coverage live).

As for where my votes are going?  Guys with green hair who may or may not be in the game.  Tee-hee~!

Edited by eclipse

5 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Is that time of the year again yay!

I guess I will give some votes to Constance von Nuvelle and Elincia and wait for the mid-results to decide my last votes. I don’t have a preference for the winners, but it would be cool if Eirika wins.

Shit how did I forget Elincia? I'd totally vote for her over Dorothea but I feel the latter has a better chance of scoring highly given recency bias and the coveted horny vote.