Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

Marth will win

thrn ether Seliph, as this poll shows 

or M Byleth. He got no alts. At all. And there’s 0 other male leads in the game so he will get all the “angry alt” and “lead bias” votes. 

so I think it’ll be Marth and M Byleth but maybe Seliph beats out M Byleth? Then next year is Sigurd and whoever didn’t win this year 

cyl7 is Chrom, I hope. 

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be giving votes to Elphin, Yashiro, Priam, Balthus and Volug, but if Ashe has a shot at a brave in the second half I will switch my votes to him.

I am going for Anna or Plumeria, leaning more towards Plumeria. I am going to concentrate all my votes for just one character this time. Although if I go for Anna, I am going with Awakening Anna first since she seemed to have the most support last time, but I will switch my vote to whichever Anna has the most votes after the midterm results.

If neither seems to have any good chances of likely winning after the midterms, I guess I will just decide later on who to support.

As much as I like Marth, Chrom and Eirika I feel like my votes would be wasted on Lord characters since they get a ton of alts regardless of whether they win CYL or not. I was actually thinking of giving Nyna some votes but I feel very confident she is getting added to Heroes sometime this year either from Archanea's next New Heroes banner, the Fallen Heroes banner or a seasonal banner (like Bridal or Christmas). So all my votes will be going to Anna again for the third year in a row and I will be very happy if she is still in the top 20 since it might help encourage IS to give her one more alt.

All of mine will be going to RD Zihark, but that's a personal thing.

If I haven't always been such a single-cell-brain fangirl, I'd give some to Volke. Stefan, and Volug.  Feel like them and some of the guys in the last half of the popularity results could use the boost.  (timeskip!hubert would be in the list but i feel like he's popular enough that he'll get in eventually.)

Of the ones likely to win, I do hope for Marianne. She's cool. Getting a version that reflects her paralogue/crest would be even cooler.

16 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

As much as I like Marth, Chrom and Eirika I feel like my votes would be wasted on Lord characters since they get a ton of alts regardless of whether they win CYL or not. I was actually thinking of giving Nyna some votes but I feel very confident she is getting added to Heroes sometime this year either from Archanea's next New Heroes banner, the Fallen Heroes banner or a seasonal banner (like Bridal or Christmas). So all my votes will be going to Anna again for the third year in a row and I will be very happy if she is still in the top 20 since it might help encourage IS to give her one more alt.

Nooo Chrom needs ALL the votes he can get! He’s on the cusp. Please consider it? But I won’t push 

As with past years, I will be putting all my votes on Awakening Anna, even though it will likely be fruitless.

Winner predictions:

Male: 
1st: Marth
2nd: Chrom

Female:
1st: Byleth
2nd: Eirika

I'm confident Marth will take this year. Not so confident on Chrom, but I feel like he stands the best chance for 2nd. And the female side I'm far less confident on, but I'm locking this in as my pre-beginning prediction.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

As with past years, I will be putting all my votes on Awakening Anna, even though it will likely be fruitless.

Winner predictions:

Male: 
1st: Marth
2nd: Chrom

Female:
1st: Byleth
2nd: Eirika

I'm confident Marth will take this year. Not so confident on Chrom, but I feel like he stands the best chance for 2nd. And the female side I'm far less confident on, but I'm locking this in as my pre-beginning prediction.

I don’t think Chrom has a chance. 

he is losing this poll, and the same polls for Reddit and gamefaqs (other major FE Fanbases) 

and, Byleth M got no alts and is the last male lead. I don’t see how Chrom can overchrome those odds? If every group is saying “he will win”.  But nobody is voting for him...how would he win!

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

I don’t think Chrom has a chance. 

he is losing this poll, and the same polls for Reddit and gamefaqs (other major FE Fanbases) 

and, Byleth M got no alts and is the last male lead. I don’t see how Chrom can overchrome those odds? If every group is saying “he will win”.  But nobody is voting for him...how would he win!

Let me start by saying I have no horse at all in the male side. My personal choice for male winner would be Sothe, and he stands exactly 0 chance of winning, and likely always will.

This poll, at the time of this posting, has 21 votes, which is not nearly enough to deduce a reasonable result of the entire CYL voter base. You've got to be careful in general with online polls, as even Reddit and GameFAQs tend toward biases for older games and dislike Awakening and Fates. But Chrom has ranked high in all CYLs and ranked 4th for men last year, and Awakening content in FEH was very light last year.

Of my other potential male winner predictions, M!Byleth is not one. If a Three Houses male rises up, I believe it will be Felix.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Let me start by saying I have no horse at all in the male side. My personal choice for male winner would be Sothe, and he stands exactly 0 chance of winning, and likely always will.

This poll, at the time of this posting, has 21 votes, which is not nearly enough to deduce a reasonable result of the entire CYL voter base. You've got to be careful in general with online polls, as even Reddit and GameFAQs tend toward biases for older games and dislike Awakening and Fates. But Chrom has ranked high in all CYLs and ranked 4th for men last year, and Awakening content in FEH was very light last year.

Of my other potential male winner predictions, M!Byleth is not one. If a Three Houses male rises up, I believe it will be Felix.

I also believe that a lot of newer Awakening fans would skew towards recency bias (3H) in votes last year. So if anything, Chrom (or Robin) stands to do better than ever this year.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

I’m just bit convinced. Chrom has almost always been 4th and never made the climb. Chrom as 15k votes, and there are 130k from Dimitri and Claude being reshuffled. 

I hope with my whole heart chrom wins; even just 2nd place I’d be beyond happy. I just don’t know. 

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m just bit convinced. Chrom has almost always been 4th and never made the climb. Chrom as 15k votes, and there are 130k from Dimitri and Claude being reshuffled. 

I hope with my whole heart chrom wins; even just 2nd place I’d be beyond happy. I just don’t know. 

It is just my own prediction. I could be wrong. Sorry if I, like, get your hopes up, or something.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

It is just my own prediction. I could be wrong. Sorry if I, like, get your hopes up, or something.

No! Sorry. I don’t mean to make you feel bad. 

I really really want Chrom to win and I want a space I can vent about how scared I am for it,  so I’m like...I mean this is therapeutic! I don’t mean to seem hostile. 

im way more stressed than I should be over a game but I totally need the space to vent it out, and seeing someone believe is nice I just don’t believe myself 

Either Salem, Lara, or a split between the two of them. If I do an even split with an odd number of votes, might toss the last one to Linoan or Safy.

Lene will get half my votes, just to express interest in the character herself.

As for my other votes, I may throw one to Ares, Lara, Tinny, and Zihark. Maybe Laylea too. There's just too many characters I like. I also like Linda oops.

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

Chrom has no chance of winning. Even based on this poll he won’t win. 

but I am still stressed and sad, and still putting every vote I have for him 

I mean he has a very small chance. A very small one. If not for Marth, Seliph, or Sigurd I think he’d be a shoo in

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I mean he has a very small chance. A very small one. If not for Marth, Seliph, or Sigurd I think he’d be a shoo in

Well when there’s 4 people ahead of him...that doesn’t count as a chance really. 

Split 6 votes between Eirika/Marth and give the last one to Marianne. 

I'm kinda jaded about CYL so rather than going all in for Eirika like the last 4 years I'm gonna spread out a little. Still focusing on those that can win because there's no character I like that isn't already in FEH. Maybe Vika but with how few beast units there are in general and her being a girl with a pretty neat design she's coming sooner or later, maybe alongside Tormod and Muarim as those 3 band together in RD. 

As much as it seems obvious that Marth will win this year, I still recall CYL3 where people were saying the same thing and Marth ended up losing to Eliwood because the fans got cocky and didn't vote for Marth, so even if it seems obvious each vote counts so don't slack off on Marth. 

Eirika is a no brainer if you see my title, jaded as I am of CYL I'll still put a good amount of votes for her as she's my favorite FE character. 

The Marianne vote is for two reasons, one good and one bad. The good is that I like Marianne as a character, she's really endearing and seeing how far she comes during the 5 years TH take place is pretty great and I'd like to see her at her prime rather than the pre TS version. The bad reason...I'll keep the specifics to myself to not start any arguments, but it goes along the lines of "I vote for X because I don't want Y to get the spot". Petty and kinda childish, I know. But that's just me, I have 0 intention of trying to sway other people's choices, everyone's free to vote for whoever they want even if it's a unfunny meme like Brigand Boss. 

Edited by Alexmender

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Going off of past years, CYL will likely be kicking off tomorrow (or maybe the 22nd) so I wanted to make this thread now with @eclipse's permission.

Speaking of Eclipse, she'll be dropping in to say this herself but she asked me to warn everyone not to start any fights or derail the thread into one about 3H's story/ Edelgard's morality. Anyone who does so gets a one month ban.

Here's a link to the CYL 5 homepage!

As with previous years I'm going to be voting for Eirika. I've got a character analysis co-written by @Icelerate in my signature for those interested, I really hope she wins this year! Who are you all voting for, and are any of you still on the fence? Let us know!

What's the username and password for the CYL5 homepage?

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What's the username and password for the CYL5 homepage?

That's a question for Nintendo/ IS~

This most likely means they've got the site up and are just waiting to make it live, hence the username/ password at the moment - likely just asking for admin credentials for early access. But if you or anyone else want to try and crack the code though, by all means have at it 😛

Edited by DefyingFates