Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Second, this is about CYL.  This is not about 3H's story, Camilla's tits, Micaiah's anything, Eirika's mediocre combat skills in her own game, or all the other nonsense that tends to take over this thread.  This one STARTS with a one-month suspension, but may be longer for repeat offenders/people who are especially bad about it.  Don't.  Do.  It.

Why would Camilla or Micaiah even be relevant to the discussion in the first place? And I don't see why 3H story can't be brought up in regards to the character's role in it other than the four that won last year. 

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Florete said:

Sigurd ranked 29th last year and had less than half the amount of votes Chrom had. He's not in the running.

While I also really doubt Sigurd will win, Eliwood was much the same in CYL2 (28th place and 7,492 votes to Chrom's 15th place and 13,683 votes).

If the Sigurd voters and Seliph voters join forces to support one of them, then Sigurd/Seliph could jump past Chrom like Eliwood did. If no such rally happens, then yeah neither of them stand the best of chances of defeating Chrom. I just feel that completely writing Sigurd (or Seliph) off may not be the best idea.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

While I also really doubt Sigurd will win, Eliwood was much the same in CYL2 (28th place and 7,492 votes to Chrom's 15th place and 13,683 votes).

If the Sigurd voters and Seliph voters join forces to support one of them, then Sigurd/Seliph could jump past Chrom like Eliwood did. If no such rally happens, then yeah neither of them stand the best of chances of defeating Chrom. I just feel that completely writing Sigurd (or Seliph) off may not be the best idea.

I agree.

Also, last year's CYL was really weird because it coincided with a new game. The 3H votes pulled many votes from god only knows which characters, and could wildly shift character placements. With that out of the way, and many frontrunners now retired to the CYL hall of fame, the poll here could be different from what any of us expect. I think it will be exciting to see. Possibly the most unpredictable CYL thus far.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Well, I told someone that I'll be giving Eirika all my votes, and that will be what I will do! I'd love to throw some votes at other characters that I like, but I doubt that it will get them anywhere, lol V_V So might as well keep all my votes on a character that has a shot.

46 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why would Camilla or Micaiah even be relevant to the discussion in the first place? And I don't see why 3H story can't be brought up in regards to the character's role in it other than the four that won last year. 

I take it you don't pay attention to what happens when any of these are brought up?  I don't make these kinds of stipulations without reason.

If you still absolutely, positively can't comprehend why I needed to say something like this, PM me.

40 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Well, I told someone that I'll be giving Eirika all my votes, and that will be what I will do!

Yay, thank you so much!!

It does my heart good to see Eirika has the most votes than any other singular character option so far. I know SF is only a subset of the community at large so anything could happen, but still 🙂

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

Well, I told someone that I'll be giving Eirika all my votes, and that will be what I will do! I'd love to throw some votes at other characters that I like, but I doubt that it will get them anywhere, lol V_V So might as well keep all my votes on a character that has a shot.

Depends on where you're trying to get them! Personally, I always use my votes on FE5 characters that have yet to get added to the game, in hopes of increasing the odds of another FE5 banner. For characters that have been added but aren't in the running for the top, voting for them will probably increase their odds of getting other alts.

It's a small change in the odds, but that applies no matter which character you pick.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a question for Nintendo/ IS~

This most likely means they've got the site up and are just waiting to make it live, hence the username/ password at the moment - likely just asking for admin credentials for early access. But if you or anyone else want to try and crack the code though, by all means have at it 😛

I thought something was wrong with my Nintendo account. Glad the actual voting hasn't started yet.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

I thought something was wrong with my Nintendo account. Glad the actual voting hasn't started yet.

Yep, it's fine: there's nothing to worry about about here! As I said in the OP voting will likely start on the 21st or 22nd going off of past precedent.

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Yep, it's fine: there's nothing to worry about about here! As I said in the OP voting will likely start on the 21st or 22nd going off of past precedent.

Reading is not my strong suit. I saw voting and ran because I always miss the first day.

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Nooo Chrom needs ALL the votes he can get! He’s on the cusp. Please consider it? But I won’t push 

Sorry, but I lost interest in who wins CYL a long time ago and while Brave Chrom would still be cool to see Brave alts are just not that interesting or unique to me as they used to be. I would rather vote for my absolute favorites even if they stand no chance of winning.

Besides, even if I wasn't throwing all my votes at Anna I would probably end up spreading my votes for other characters in my top 10 favorites like A!Tiki, Cordelia, Linde and Palla (Yes, I'm aware that I am part of the female bias problem Heroes tends to have).

17 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Sorry, but I lost interest in who wins CYL a long time ago and while Brave Chrom would still be cool to see Brave alts are just not that interesting or unique to me as they used to be. I would rather vote for my absolute favorites even if they stand no chance of winning.

Besides, even if I wasn't throwing all my votes at Anna I would probably end up spreading my votes for other characters in my top 10 favorites like A!Tiki, Cordelia, Linde and Palla (Yes, I'm aware that I am part of the female bias problem Heroes tends to have).

I kinda get the perspective. Especially now with FEH pass, it's kind of like getting 2 brave alts per month - except it's often for characters you already have some investment in.

That said, I like these canon-ish style alts in general.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Part of me wishes Sothis would win so that we'd get her adult form in the game. I mean it might happen eventually either way but it would be an easy Brave alt for her.

If Marth wins I'm still hoping he gets Starlight.

It's that time of the year, huh? Honestly SF is the only place I bother with CYL as conversations get pretty bold many times. However, I really like CYL as it's a chance for people to support their favourite characters. Hopefully your favourites will make it onto the game this year everyone!! 

Last year Edelgard got her brave alt and it has served me really well all this time. Now I will be voting for the remaining favourites. Rhea and Freyja. Felix is already in a pretty accessible form in the game and I am happy as he is really unique especially when thinking he would be another 5* locked fast infantry sword. 

Freyja may be in the game playable however she technically is the newest female OC aside from the freebie and this is her first CYL so I think she will score fairly well. I will give her some votes as I want her to at least get a non mythic alt. I doubt she has any chances of winning however I still want to show support to her.

Now about Rhea. I am really confused and a bit salty about her. Being a supporter for Female Byleth left a bad taste and her weird situation with Seiros makes me wonder how her votes will split. I hear Seiros (as a mythic but my point stands) more than Rhea as many people are satisfied with the summer duo. I think this will be her year as the Lords and the popular students have enough attention so she can now be the focus. 

These are going to be my focuses this year. I don't care about any of the top picks right now. 

27 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Hopefully your favourites will make it onto the game this year everyone!!

Hell will freeze over before all of my favorites make it in.  Closest to getting in IMO is Stefan.

Whoever put the CYL voting site up needs to be lightly smacked with a plushie.  A placeholder page with a date and time would be far more appropriate than that sign-in window.  If it wasn't for the fact that poking around would probably get me into a ton of trouble. . .

I have a few questions for Choose Your Legends Round 5:

1. I did tried to click on the link, it took me to the log-in section. Is the log-in is same as My Nintendo and NNID Account? (That never happened in the previous 4 Rounds for CYL)
  2. I tried to look at the Fire Emblem Heroes Homepage, I haven't seen a link towards CYL Round 5? Is the only way to get to the CYL Round 5 Page is in this thread?
Edited by King Marth 64

Brave Marth and Boyd are really the only two characters left that I badly want in Heroes (and maybe Marianne). I'm generally welcome to seeing anyone new show up, though.

Besides Marth and maybe Byleth (male or female), I'm not entirely sure who'd win. I just hope that no one bots in votes this year.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Whoever put the CYL voting site up needs to be lightly smacked with a plushie.  A placeholder page with a date and time would be far more appropriate than that sign-in window.

But that would require giving us prior notice about CYL, which IS refuses to do for some reason xD

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If it wasn't for the fact that poking around would probably get me into a ton of trouble. . .

Aaaaand now I'm curious 😛

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I have a few questions:

1. I did tried to click on the link, it took me to the log-in section. Is the log-in is same as My Nintendo and NNID Account?
  2. I tried to look at the Fire Emblem Heroes Homepage, I haven't seen a link towards CYL Round 5?

CYL hasn't started yet. The blank log in screen is just an admin thing while IS waits for the site to go live, which is also when we'll get notifications on both the site and in-game. I'm surprised so many people are already trying to log in though. If CYL doesn't start later today (i.e. in a few hours based on past precedent) I'll just add a note to the OP explaining what's going on.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I hope that they took the botting program seriously this time around. Jorge getting in was funny for about 5 minutes, but that spot could have gone to anyone else.

I imagine they'll step in if someone bots a character into the top two, but not otherwise which...is unfortunate, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

7 votes for Eirika again!

Woo!! I'm so happy to hear it!

On topic and something else I'm curious about is how IS will handle midterms. CYL 4 started on Thursday IIRC and the midterms went up on Saturday, i.e. after just two/ three days of voting depending on your time zone (Wednesday and Friday in Pacific Time). I wonder if they'll do that again this year or if they'll delay the midterms for after the weekend - or just bite the bullet and do all that processing during the weekend.

Of course that may also inform when CYL actually happens, though I'm pretty sure they'd want it to end before the anniversary celebration announcements.

I was going to dedicate all of my votes to Katarina again despite her just getting an alt but since she's taking her sweet old time, I'm throwing my votes in for Lugh. Elincia and L'Arachel are eventually going to get their staff alts so I'm not too worried.

Edited by Flying Shogi

The only certain vote for me is Dorothy, my most wanted character. The others will depend on which missing characters I happen to think about that day and the ones after midterm are likely to go to someone who is winning/almost winning that I happen to like.

If Eirika is in third place or something I'm jumping to help her.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Now about Rhea. I am really confused and a bit salty about her. Being a supporter for Female Byleth left a bad taste and her weird situation with Seiros makes me wonder how her votes will split. I hear Seiros (as a mythic but my point stands) more than Rhea as many people are satisfied with the summer duo. I think this will be her year as the Lords and the popular students have enough attention so she can now be the focus. 

I remember Academy/War Rhea were oddly kept separate last year, I wonder if that was for spoiler reasons, and if this year they'll tally the votes together? It would be unfair to keep them separate imo. As someone also planning to vote for her, I hope this is confirmed once the site opens.