Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Hell will freeze over before all of my favorites make it in.  Closest to getting in IMO is Stefan.

Whoever put the CYL voting site up needs to be lightly smacked with a plushie.  A placeholder page with a date and time would be far more appropriate than that sign-in window.  If it wasn't for the fact that poking around would probably get me into a ton of trouble. . .

You made realize how cool it would be to have Stefan. A criminally underrated character.

15 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The only certain vote for me is Dorothy, my most wanted character. The others will depend on which missing characters I happen to think about that day and the ones after midterm are likely to go to someone who is winning/almost winning that I happen to like.

If Eirika is in third place or something I'm jumping to help her.

Did you see Soeda Ippei's drawing of Dorothy? If she gets added in Heroes, would you like for Ippei to do her art?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool to see the Anna hype hasn't died off yet, I'll give her a vote, but the dream has pretty much died at this point. Most of my votes will go to Marianne. Most of the characters above her were either added, given alts, or added as alts. I'm guessing that's why she's one of the main picks on the poll here.

28 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Most of the characters above her were either added, given alts, or added as alts. I'm guessing that's why she's one of the main picks on the poll here.

You would be correct. I just picked the names that were being thrown around most often from what I've seen. I know that's a terrible metric to see who the community-wide favorites are, but I thought it'd be nice to have something to do while we wait for CYL to start.

Speaking of: it hasn't started yet! I was so sure it would today too. If it starts tomorrow I imagine the midterms will come out after the weekend/ Sunday night based on timezones then, huh.

For easy reference and recap, the top 20 for each gender (with the winners removed since they're off the board now) from CYL4 were:

Male

Spoiler

1. Marth [Shadow Dragon, (New) Mystery]: 44,107
2. Chrom [Awakening]: 15,595
3. Seliph [Genealogy]: 15,593
4. Felix [Three Houses]*: 12,465
5. Byleth, Male [Three Houses]^: 10,410
6. Robin, Male [Awakening]^: 9,898
7. Ashe [Three Houses]: 9,288
8. Sylvain [Three Houses]*: 9,132
9. Soren [Radiance, Radiant]^: 6,873
Jorge [Radiance, Radiant]*: 6,728
10. Sigurd [Genealogy]: 6,198
11. Lif [Heroes]*: 5,771
12. Black Knight [Radiance, Radiant]^: 5,247
13. Reinhardt [Thracia 776]^: 4,963
14. Alfonse [Heroes]^: 4,859
15. Linhardt [Three Houses]: 4,591
16. Ferdinand [Three Houses]*: 4,584
17. Itsuki & Chrom [Tokyo Mirage Sessions]: 4,096
18. Takumi [Fates]^: 4,013
19. Dedue [Three Houses]: 3,495
20. Leo [Fates]^: 3,193

bold = still not present in Heroes in any form
* = was not playable in Heroes at the time, but is now
^ = hasn't gotten an alt (Resplendents don't count) in over a year or has none at all (in M!Byleth's case)

Female

Spoiler

1. Bernadetta [Three Houses]*: 37,400
2. Byleth, Female [Three Houses]: 35,255
3. Eirika [Sacred Stones]^: 26,040
4. Plumeria [Heroes]*: 20,800
5. Dorothea [Three Houses]*: 15,212
6. Marianne [Three Houses]: 14,105
7. Anna [Awakening]*: 12,137
8. Hilda [Three Houses]: 11,702
9. Corrin, Female [Fates]: 9,079
10. Tharja [Awakening]: 7,674
11. Robin, Female [Awakening]: 7,352
12. Jill [Radiance, Radiant]*: 6,999
13. Sothis [Three Houses]^: 6,967
14. Azura [Fates]^: 6,264
15. Rhea [Three Houses]: 5,627
16. Ingrid [Three Houses]*: 5,543
17. Annette [Three Houses]*: 5,165
18. Nino [Blazing Blade]^: 5,144
19. Mia [Radiance, Radiant]: 5,031
20. Lilina [Binding Blade]: 4,859

bold = is still not present in Heroes in any form
bold = is in Heroes....but just as a Duo Hero partner
* = was not playable in Heroes at the time, but is now
^ = hasn't gotten an alt (Resplendents don't count) in over a year

Also, here's some of the likely newcomers for CYL5 to also keep in mind:

Males
From Three Houses: Yuri, Balthus, Aelfric
From Heroes: Otr, Fafnir

Females
From Three Houses: Constance, Hapi
From Heroes: Mirabilis, Freyja, Reginn, Eitri
Maybe they'll add Altina too now that they gave her an alt.

I don't think seliph has a chance anymore with his legendary alt. Correct me if I'm wrong but the surge for him at last cyl was because he had no alts to date at that time. And as of now that included Sigurd too with his valentine alt. I'm not sure how TT felix was received among his fans but I assume it would sway his tempo a little bit. So for males, I think it would be Marth and toss up between Chrom and MByleth. More to MByleth with him being the last 3H male lord with no alt.

For Females, FByleth is sure winner. I've seen a lot of fans gathering for Erika so maybe it's her but because of last banner, Marianne is getting a large following too. I don't know how fairies still fare up but I think it's just gonna be those three for females side.

Edited by TrafalaLaw

I'll just quote myself from the unofficial thread that was started and locked a couple days ago:

Just like in previous years, all of my votes go to Elena! It's great that Mist can get her staff as a refine, but that's not good enough for me. I want her in the game so that I can finally complete this family! Also so I can get to know her better, and finally play as her. She was only in cutscenes before, but she has such a rich backstory. She was friends with a Heron princess, she was entrusted with the medallion, she fled Daein with her husband and eventually helped him with his mercenary company. She was also brave enough to save her husband from himself when he touched the medallion, even at the cost of her own life. She was so cool, but we never get to actually interact with her...which is why I want her so badly! She had an adventure most people don't even know about (and could even be its own game!)

So, all my votes to Elena. For such an obscure character, she places okay. Maybe IS will finally put her into the game, even though she has only a slim chance of actually winning.

Anyone who doesn't know how to spend their votes, please consider donating one or two to getting Elena from Path of Radiance into the game!

8 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I remember Academy/War Rhea were oddly kept separate last year, I wonder if that was for spoiler reasons, and if this year they'll tally the votes together? It would be unfair to keep them separate imo. As someone also planning to vote for her, I hope this is confirmed once the site opens.

they were kept as different characters because, techincally, they play very different roles: that's basically their justification

anyway... i honestly don't really know who to vote for
last year i gave all my votes to Rhea purely to push IS to add her, and her position granted her to become a cheerleader for Summer Byleth duo and i love that alt don't get me wrong
i could do the same this year as well, but i'm pretty confident she'll be added, now that every 3H main character has at least 2 alts (3 when claude will get his legendary alt)
i'd love to see a Bride Rhea as well, but i doubt her position in CYL5 will make it in time to affect that banner's character selection

i'd also like to vote for Elena, as i'd like to see how they would make her in FEH (hopefully a Banner Leader just like Sara)

as much as i like Marianne, i really don't want her to get a brave alt, just like i didn't want Lysithea to: i know she'll come, i just have to be patient, and voting her in CYL5 would just result in a wasted brave alt (to me)
i hated that people voted Lysithea and Bernadetta only to push IS to add them, except they did that like 1 month after CYL4
"but how were we supposed to know that" i mean they're 2 of the most popular 3H characters, how impatient and greedy can you be not to think they would've been added soon, like do you really think IS doesn't know how popular they are?
again, this is my personal opinion on the matter, i don't despise those who voted for them, you can vote for whoever you want and for whatever reason you want, just like i can disagree with those votes and reasons

back on topic, Seliph is another candidate (sadly, Sigurd is too low), but i'm not really the kind of person who votes for characters i know many others will already vote for

then there's Boyd, who i still can't believe they haven't added yet, and would make use of some more votes, although he's basically 100% granted a spot on this year's PoR banner

so yeah, i'm very unsure who i should vote for... but i'll probably end up voting for Rhea anyway, even though she has absolutely no chances to win, but i like her too much

EDIT: Soren was also surprisingly high, despite 3H's landslide
i guess i could give some of my votes to him and see how he's performing when mid-term results come out

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'd also like to vote for Elena, as i'd like to see how they would make her in FEH (hopefully a Banner Leader just like Sara)

That would be awesome! Thank you for considering tossing a vote her way! I personally appreciate every vote people spare her. ^_^

No one I'd vote for would be a realistic candidate for winning, so for me there's no point stacking multiple votes towards any one character. I'll probably just look at my previous year's ballot and mostly replicate the votes really, doesn't matter that some of them have gotten into the game since then.

Picking off the top of my head right now:

Palla
Titania
Duessel
Catherine
Oscar
Tethys
Basilio

I usually don't care about CYL results. In the end I will summon for how good the unit will be, and not for the character itself. Even if I am not a fan of that character, if the Brave Alt is a very good unit... I will summon for that hero. I am not a fan of Edelgard, but Brave Edelgard is such a great unit.

With that said... I am voting for Marth. I am not a type of player that think "this character deserve to win more than that other character" or "this character deserves to win more than the others"... but Marth it's an exception. If we had combined votes in CYL 2, Marth would be 2nd place. Since then, I consider that Marth deserves to be in a Brave Heroes banner. He lost to Eliwood in CYL 3, which was a fair battle between them... and he had no chance against the 3H House Leaders. I am voting for him with all my votes, but I am already prepared for the worst in case he doesn't get it again. I don't care in which position he ends, 1st or 2nd, I just want him to win. He can even be a bad unit in teh end (which is hard to happen to CYL units)... I just want him to win.

If wasn't for Marth... I don't know who I would vote for... Maybe Eirika, so support my friends that like her. Or Male Robin, since I am still waiting for a Grandmaster alt with Levin Sword.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Maybe they'll add Altina too now that they gave her an alt.

What art would they use? IIRC, they seem to want to restrict it to art from the characters' own games, and she doesn't really have that.

11 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Did you see Soeda Ippei's drawing of Dorothy? If she gets added in Heroes, would you like for Ippei to do her art?

I knew that Ippei drew an amazing Eir Cipher card, but I didn't know he drew Dorothy. Do you have a link?

As Lex should likely be on the next FE4 gen1 banner, I'm not sure if I'll vote for him this year. I guess I'll give him my first 4 votes and see if a character I like has a chance to get a Brave alt once the midterm results are out.

I expect Marth to get 1st place, but I have no clue about the 2nd. F!Byleth should get 1st place, followed by either Eirika or Marianne. At least I shouldn't have to save orbs this year and just pick the one I prefer for free.

I got bored and did an Excel table to see what would happen if all the votes of the CYL 4 winners went exclusively to TH characters, even though it's unlikely. In this scenario, F!Byleth would be pretty much guaranteed to win.

Spoiler

38529195_2021-01-21(3).thumb.png.5047eed82ada6b0d1d532c3404c2b165.png1092501500_2021-01-21(4).thumb.png.2fa7b4adb051ceaf3252ac44a2596210.png

22 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I knew that Ippei drew an amazing Eir Cipher card, but I didn't know he drew Dorothy. Do you have a link?

Edited by Aegir

Just going to keep putting votes into the Dawn Brigade until we've got the original 5 members, so Nolan, Edward and Leonardo have got 3 of my votes. Would love to see Jarod as well and Luthier from Echoes. If I'm not swayed by the midterm results would be nice to leave a vote for M!Robin and Tatiana too

As for who I think will win, I can't see Marth not getting 1st place for the men's bracket. After that I think it's a toss up between Chrom and M!Byleth. Since Sigurd and Seliph have both gotten their first alts in the time since the last CYL I can see fewer people rallying behind them, but we'll see. As for the women's I think F!Byleth and Eirika have got this, would be pretty surprised if they didn't win, though I guess Marianne has a good shot.

19 minutes ago, Aegir said:

I got bored and did an Excel table to see what would happen if all the votes of the CYL 4 winners went exclusively to TH characters, even though it's unlikely. In this scenario, F!Byleth would be pretty much guaranteed to win.

Nice, must have taken a while to put that together! I hope everyone who voted for the house leaders last time don't vote exclusively TH characters (not that there's anything wrong with doing that), just so we get more variety in this year's brave heroes. TH and its great characters definitely still deserve celebrating though

Edited by Jolumas

1 minute ago, Jolumas said:

Nice, must have taken a while to put that together! I hope everyone who voted for the house leaders last time don't vote exclusively TH characters, just so we get more variety in this year's brave heroes. TH and its great characters definitely still deserve celebrating though

Spoiler

With the pandemic and the measures that try to prevent it from worsening, I've been running out of things to do lately, so I try to get better at typing and using common softwares while doing something more or less interesting when I've got nothing else to do.

Thanks! I might be way off even without taking the lords' and Lysithea's votes into account, though it's not meant to be serious. I'll compare it with the actual votes when they'll be out. It might be fun to see how wrong or right that ended up being.

Yeah, me too. It would be nice to have some variety this year.

As usual, I'll be giving all of my pre-midterm votes to Mia, and depending on if I feel strongly about the top cluster on the female side, may pivot to one of the top runners after midterms. If she can stay in the top 20 that would be the best outcome for me, since it ups the chances of a resplendent skin or a new gen RD version.