Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

My first vote for Brom is in! If anyone has any votes they aren't going to use on a specific character and don't know who to give those votes to, I would ask you give them to Brom. He won't win, but I'd like to at least somehow get him on IS's radar to hopefully put him into the game.

Based purely on Twitter comments I've been seeing, I'm already seeing TONS of support for Marth and Eirika. Azura, Seliph, Marianne, and Chrom have all been common to see, as well.

I do not at all like that Flame Emperor is an option. Masked Marth isn't, so why should FE be? It's pretty crap and if somehow they pull out a victory, CYL may as well just hang up its gloves.

20 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Oh snap. If Lundgren gets a GHB, we could expect a Mani Katti Lyn alt at last!

This would be amazing. Mani Katti Lyn absolutely needs to happen. Needed to happen yesterday, dang it!

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Masked Marth isn't, so why should FE be?

Because IS really hates Lucina.

But seriously I do agree, Flame Emperor still being here is straight up wrong. They cannot use spoilers as a reason when they literally did this a month after adding Flame Emperor in FEH itself: 

Spoiler

EBjo2B5.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Because IS really hates Lucina.

But seriously I do agree, Flame Emperor still being here is straight up wrong. They cannot use spoilers as a reason when they literally did this a month after adding Flame Emperor in FEH itself: 

Reveal hidden contents

EBjo2B5.jpg?1

Yeah, it's so silly. I'm sending feedback about this. Hopefully they do something.

Choosing to stick within the realm of possibility* and voting Soren and Black Knight this year (especially because it would be very interesting to see how a brave alt of BK would be designed!). 

* meaning characters who have been in the Top 20 previously. 

Wait. The Flame Emperor is still in the pool of votable characters? Seriously?

Both versions of Ike were removed from the pool, as was Masked Marth. Were FE6 Hector and FE6 Eliwood removed from the pool or not after they won? Flame Emperor being on there could've been an oversight ... maybe. However ... if it's not, that's pretty unfair to every "canon alternative" version of a winner who was yeeted out of voting. Feedback for sure.

Just now, NSSKG151 said:

Any reason you want a dagger alt for Norne? I'm kind of curious.

well honestly i just want a really nice demote dagger to build up. I mean i know there's Kagero etc etc etc in the pool but it would be nice to have a go to Dagger unit. and I love Norne (she's done so much work for me). it would kinda be cool if she got an Alt - and it was a Dagger 

(i honestly had no idea who to vote for) - my votes are actually completely open this year. Kinda freeing. 

7 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

My first vote goes for Elincia! Can’t wait for the midterm results, this year will definitely be interesting.

Yup, first time there are no obvious winners. I would even say the expected top performers might not be such a sure bet since vote spamming surely influenced that as well as meme picks in previous years.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, both were removed after their respective wins as well.

It had to be an oversight then, not removing the Flame Emperor, otherwise it would be massively unfair to every other winner with an alternative version in the game for them to be ejected from the pool but not Edelgard's canon alt.

Edited by Sunwoo

19 minutes ago, SurvivorSecondChance said:

Just remember this website is one part of the fandom. there are people on reddit and people on twitter too, both more active than this site.

Voting for Chrom

I've been browsing that, too. I'm seeing tons of support for Marth and Eirika there, too, as well as Gatekeeper, of all characters.

28 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well honestly i just want a really nice demote dagger to build up. I mean i know there's Kagero etc etc etc in the pool but it would be nice to have a go to Dagger unit. and I love Norne (she's done so much work for me). it would kinda be cool if she got an Alt - and it was a Dagger 

(i honestly had no idea who to vote for) - my votes are actually completely open this year. Kinda freeing. 

Yeah, good dagger units are kind of hard to pick one out for since their main role can easily be filled in by other units with the right skill setup. I think I have only ever built up one dagger unit in Heroes. A Norne alt would be really neat to see though.

You could always vote for Awakening Anna like I am if you really don't have anyone else on mind that you want to vote for. 

Edited by NSSKG151

Chrom and I voted Seliph but now I'm thinking Sigurd for the guys. If I have extra votes to spare I'll go Gatekeeper (for the memes) and Saul. For the girls it'll be Marianne and either Charlotte or someone like Aversa or Arete. 

As to who I think will actually win:

Marth & Chrom for the guys, Marianne and Eirika for the girls. But who knows. 

9 hours ago, Mecha Wilson said:

I'm going to give Midir all of my votes so hopefully he gets in the game

I like your taste!  Midir tends to be my go-to green-haired guy for Jugdral, because he went from half-dead to fully healed and in your army in a heartbeat!  Okay, maybe not, but it's funnier if I think about it that way.

Not a fan of logging in.  I'll probably skip until the weekend, because I don't feel like digging up a password for a popularity contest.

GATE. GUAAAAAAAARD!!! Okay, if all my votes weren't going to Elena, they would go to Gate Guard. He could very well be the black horse in this one. I wonder if there'll be another Marth upset...