Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, basedcarousel said:

Eirika, F!Byleth, Marianne, Bernadetta, Hilda, all enter. Only one leaves. 

Sounds like a riddle...but an easy one. Bernadetta leaves because she never wanted to stick around that many people in the first place!

32 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

GATE. GUAAAAAAAARD!!! Okay, if all my votes weren't going to Elena, they would go to Gate Guard. He could very well be the black horse in this one. I wonder if there'll be another Marth upset...

Screw it.  GATE GUARD/MARTH!  If I wasn't lazy, I'd throw a vote his way without caring about his hair color!  Eh, I just might because the thought of a Brave Gate Guard is hilarious!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Screw it.  GATE GUARD/MARTH!  If I wasn't lazy, I'd throw a vote his way without caring about his hair color!  Eh, I just might because the thought of a Brave Gate Guard is hilarious!

I actually LOVED his character and voice acting in 3H!! I'm a fan. ^_^ He became one of the constants I could always rely on in that game. I wonder what his brave version would look like... What mystery! I hope he wins!!

We require a Nintendo account to vote now so that's nice and it will make things fairer. My first vote went to Rhea and tomorrow Freyja. Hopefully after that we will get midterms so that I can know whether Rhea or Seiros is the popular option. 

Just a bit salty to be honest about how she still is a different character as her normal version the popular one is in the summer duo and Seiros is a weird thing. Hopefully she doesn't get screwed over. 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

My first vote went to Rhea. Hopefully after that we will get midterms so that I can know whether Rhea or Seiros is the popular option. 

Thank you. Please consider giving her some more votes, if you can.

Im voting for best girl, Hapi. She deserves it as she doesnt have a alt in the game yet, her design is amazing and she is a fantastic underrated character. It might give chance for a Ashen Wolves banner too. I wish more people would vote for her

latest-56

Voted for Nolan. Really want to see the rest of the main Dawn Brigade members get into the game with their weapons being Tarvos, Caladbolg and Lughnasadh, maybe one day

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh, hey Lekain finally made it on the list! 

Surprised it took so long given how major a villain he is in Radiant Dawn!

Jedah.

Was looking for Kamui, didn't expect him to be an option but he is and now I want purple daddy as a unit. (Especially since his VA in Echoes is pretty good as both him and Batou in Ghost in the Shell.)

I did get a level 5 Sonya earlier so that kinda encouraged me to pick Fire Emblem's Best Father.

Edited by Samz707

So they learned from Jeorge botting his way in top 20. This time you need a Nintendo account to vote, that’s good. I would’ve liked it if they already did that in the previous CYL because that was the first one after the release of FE3H but better late than never. I’ll start by giving Tine some votes and then I might change my votes after the midterm results to Eirika if she has a chance of getting a Brave alt.

Oh, this is pretty cool! They added so many good characters. I was pretty excited to discover the bosses from Fates and stuff like Jill's dad and Levail. Also Gustav and Henriette!! (But not Thorr. They are excluding her on purpose... Final Boss Thorr theory?)

Still it's not a perfect list. They excluded Sitri and Fleche for some stupid reasons (they are like the two important characters missing. And they have a portrait unlike the two saints that are secret bosses).

You also can't vote for Pheros from Awakening still. Or Kotato from Fates. Soan wasn't as fortunate as Altina and Lehran, probably because he lacks a humanoid design. Also I don't get why we can vote for Roland but not Saint Elimine. Didn't she have a secret portrait in the game Elena Style?

Also the biggest betrayal of all. When I saw Dithorba I was so happy, I scrolled down to find Pamela and she wasn't there... what a bummer. It'a personal dream to have the four pegasus knights of Silesse on a team. A very unlikely dream since we are still at zero (seriously IS, Erinyis and Annand when? They are girls, you can market them) but a dream nonetheless. Oh well, I will still give one of my votes to Dithorba. Today's vote went to Dorothy which means I  still have two votes left to decide.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It had to be an oversight then, not removing the Flame Emperor, otherwise it would be massively unfair to every other winner with an alternative version in the game for them to be ejected from the pool but not Edelgard's canon alt.

It could not be an oversight... perhaps they changed how they do things, and from now on they will only remove characters who won CYL, or whose votes were combined into who won CYL (like both versions of Claude were removed when the adult version won). Flame Emperor's vote weren't combined 

Spoiler

with Edelgard's

so they get to stay.

Which is interesting. I remember when Female Robin almost won and the Male Robin fanbase was in despair because they thought that if she won Male Robin would be removed from the poll. A realistic fear at the time, but perhaps not anymore. It would stop the infighting between the Avatars' fans. 

If I'm right it could change something that was only considered an obstacle (the vote split) into more of a double edged sword, since it means some characters could potentially win twice:

Zelgius/Black Knight, Renning/Bertram, Odin/Owain, Rhea/Seiros, Devdan/Danved, Anna/Anna/Anna/Anna/Anna and so on.

It remains to be seen. It could also be an oversight. However I suggest people who may start panicking about a character winning twice take a deep breath and relax. Sure it is a possibility, but it ain't gonna happen.

After a victory a part of the fanbase is guaranteed to feel satisfied and move on.

Another part is guaranteed to like ONLY one version of a character (look at the people upset when Masked Marth got an alt because they like Lucina, not Masked Marth).

Another part probably voted with their junks and wouldn't be as interested in a version of the Hector they have the hots for that is old, cranked and bearded, or a version that is completely covered in armor (there are exception. I'm sure Odin/Owain, Seiros/Rhea and BK/Zelgius don't have this particular problem).

And there is a part that is loyal enough to try for a double win, but it's not gonna be big enough. Especially with direct competition within their own preferred game on the level of F!Byleth, Rhea and Marianne.

There are two ways FE can snatch a victory:

1. Vote botting (but it seems they took measures to prevent it).

2. If it becomes a big meme to vote for them. And I mean a way bigger meme than Brigand Boss. Which as far as I can see isn't happening. Everyone is meme-voting Gatekeeper which means FE won't have the support of the memers.

TL;DR

Whether it was an oversight or Flame Emperor is supposed to remain votable they ain't winning. I'll eat my hat if they even crack the top 20.

P. S.: Which top 20 btw? I was wondering the same thing for Limstella. If a character is supposed to be nonbinary or the gender is kept a secret... what happens in a strictly gendered competition like this one?

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Yeah, good dagger units are kind of hard to pick one out for since their main role can easily be filled in by other units with the right skill setup. I think I have only ever built up one dagger unit in Heroes. A Norne alt would be really neat to see though.

You could always vote for Awakening Anna like I am if you really don't have anyone else on mind that you want to vote for. 

i actually like Fates Anna (mostly because whilei've done awakening... i don't remember anna there at all) LOL

however. since my votes are totally open - I don't mind voting Awakening Anna for you. i am mostly voting for alts this year. 

Edited by daisy jane

8 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Yup, first time there are no obvious winners. I would even say the expected top performers might not be such a sure bet since vote spamming surely influenced that as well as meme picks in previous years.

You can never be sure when we talk about meme characters, for sure this year will be tough for the characters most people want them to win. It is kinda exciting lol.

People are saying that everyone's meme voting for Gatekeeper, but I don't think it's that cut and dry. For example, I'd be voting for him if I wasn't dedicated to getting Elena into the game because I genuinely like him as a character. Like, a lot. He's one of my favorites in 3H.

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

if he gets a good placement then I could see a Jorge situation

As long as he wasn't clearly botted in (i.e. enough people are happy about him ranking high) I'd...actually like to see that. But that's the thing: being forced to sign in should stomp out botting but I remember the Jorge botter saying a mandatory sign-in could be worked around, which worries me. If anyone here is good with that sort of thing, what are your two cents on how secure CYL actually is after this change?