Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlueBloodEmblazer said:

That's my dream.

I'm #TeamBoth.  Believe it or not, you can want someone getting in without wanting someone ELSE to NOT get it.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I don’t think it was mentioned yet, but via the English FEH Twitter the interim results will be up “around Jan. 25”.

No specific time was stated, it was just the date (Monday).

If the results go up around the time new trailers release (and CYL resets) then it'll be 7pm PT, 3am Tuesday UTC.

Is that how it worked in the past?

Also, has anyone tried voting without logging in? This time it forced me to log in every time I tried to vote, so if you can only vote through your Nintendo Account, it should heavily reduce the bot votes.

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

If the results go up around the time new trailers release (and CYL resets) then it'll be 7pm PT, 3am Tuesday UTC.

Is that how it worked in the past?

Yeah, I think it should be then. I checked the time that two of the previous interim results (for CYL2 and CYL3) were posted on Twitter and both said 9:00 PM (I'm in US Central time).

@DefyingFates

The SF homepage newsfeed has a link to the English voting page. You may want to adjust the link in the OP to match that one, and update the message in the OP that says that voting hasn't started yet.

21 minutes ago, Jave said:

Also, has anyone tried voting without logging in? This time it forced me to log in every time I tried to vote, so if you can only vote through your Nintendo Account, it should heavily reduce the bot votes.

Yep, that's what they've done. I guess Jorge really was a "Haha, how funny now never do this again" message to the botters.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I think it should be then. I checked the time that two of the previous interim results (for CYL2 and CYL3) were posted on Twitter and both said 9:00 PM (I'm in US Central time).

Awesome, thank you very much for checking!

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@DefyingFates

The SF homepage newsfeed has a link to the English voting page. You may want to adjust the link in the OP to match that one, and update the message in the OP that says that voting hasn't started yet.

I thought I had but it seems I forgot... My bad all, and thanks Mercakete! 😄

Just now, DefyingFates said:

I thought I had but it seems I forgot... My bad all, and thanks Mercakete! 😄

No prob. 🙂

24 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

No prob. 🙂

Thanks all the same 🙂

Also, I updated the OP! The link goes to the US version of the site, but you can vote on any with your account and it'll still show up on your ballot (my first vote was on the JPN version).

8 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Yes, it is odd. I find it even more odd that Three Houses is split into two pages, but Fates only has one page despite being three separate full-length games.

No Revelation box art either. Though as far as not splitting Dates it kind of makes sense as despite functionally being different games and different stories, it does use the same cast. Three Houses uses the same cast in both halfs too of course but most of all the characters get a redesign so by splitting it you get to see which design is more popular for the character. The real question is why why Genealogy isn't split, as that actually does use a different cast and has redesigns for the ones remaining.

8 hours ago, Troykv said:

I imagine the reason why Gaiden and Mystery are present but not Shadow Dragon:

For Gaiden: Grandfather's clause, it was used in the first CYL, so it stuck instead of being completely replaced by SoV.

For Mystery: Mystery of Emblem for all intents and purporse represent an important milestone in the franchise's story, used to be the best sold Fire Emblem in Japan, and effectively being considered the most succesful game prior to Awakening's and Three Houses' success (the latter could have finally bested Mystery's record considered the sales trends), and for many people is considered the actual Mystery of Emblem instead of New Mystery (unlike SDatBL that was effectively replaced in canon for Mystery and Shadow Dragon).

Pretty sure Awakening outsold Old Mystery.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

I read the second half as "Black Knight wedding alt" and was horribly confused for a minute.

You say that like it wouldn't be a great idea!

37 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You say that like it wouldn't be a great idea!

That reminds me of this:

juggerawds.png

How do you make a mysterious human in a robot shell(???) dress casually? You go from the left image above, to the right one. All you need is to do the same with the BK, fit a tuxedo or non-modern culturally interesting wedding attire over his standard armor. We could take things a step further and repaint the Black Knight the White Knight (or Green Knight).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That reminds me of this:

juggerawds.png

How do you make a mysterious human in a robot shell(???) dress casually? You go from the left image above, to the right one. All you need is to do the same with the BK, fit a tuxedo or non-modern culturally interesting wedding attire over his standard armor. We could take things a step further and repaint the Black Knight the White Knight (or Green Knight).

I got creative.

osmTwv9.png

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Man, I'm seeing way too many people being jerks to Marth fans. It's not funny or humorous, it's just jerkism. Sheesh.

I don't see it as being jerks. At all. I do see it as funny, because no other character is seen as "entitled" to win. Maybe if we stopped treating him as deserving just because he was first, he wouldn't have a counter movement. Reality is, he doesn't deserve it any more or less than any other lord, as shown by the results themselves.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't see it as being jerks. At all. I do see it as funny, because no other character is seen as "entitled" to win. Maybe if we stopped treating him as deserving just because he was first, he wouldn't have a counter movement. Reality is, he doesn't deserve it more than any more or less than any other lord, as shown by the results themselves.

You do realize that people don't believe he's "entitled" to win because he came first, but because he WOULD have won if CYL2 didn't split his votes, right?

In other words, people believe Marth is entitled to win because he really SHOULD have won already and it's only because of IS being stupid about splitting votes that he didn't.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You do realize that people don't believe he's "entitled" to win because he came first, but because he WOULD have won if CYL2 didn't split his votes, right?

In other words, people believe Marth is entitled to win because he really SHOULD have won already and it's only because of IS being stupid about splitting votes that he didn't.

That doesn't hold up when he lost to Eliwood of all people in CYL3. You know. Eliwood. Possibly the most overlooked and underappreciated lord who isn't from Jugdral.

Counter point - if his vote hadn't been split, as it hasn't been since, he may have still lost due to complacency. People rallied him because they were split and because his victory wasn't assured. Midterm results don't help those in the lead. They help the underdogs who are almost in the lead. As with Eliwood in CYL3. And if you want Marth to win this year, I would well advise you to not assume that this is his year again. Rally him whether he's winning or not.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

27 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That doesn't hold up when he lost to Eliwood of all people in CYL3. You know. Eliwood. Possibly the most overlooked and underappreciated lord who isn't from Jugdral.

Counter point - if his vote hadn't been split, as it hasn't been since, he may have still lost due to complacency. People rallied him because they were split and because his victory wasn't assured. Midterm results don't help those in the lead. They help the underdogs who are almost in the lead. As with Eliwood in CYL3. 

Wasn't Eliwood's win largely due to Lyn and Hector fans rallying together to vote for him? Eliwood's support was pretty big in CYL3 lol...

I always saw it as Lyn+Hector+Eliwood vs Marth for second place.

Edited by zuibangde