Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh dear the Japanese version apparently leaked. Look at who's on number two. 

Hide contents

DmQxlRU.png

well, can't say i trust this until we get the official mid-term results

but if it does end up being real

Spoiler

i would more than gladly accept Gatekeeper getting 2nd instead of Male Byleth
sadly, Female Byleth looks almost impossible to overtake for both Eirika and Marianne and even though i don't want Marianne to win, i'd take her over Female Byleth any day

You know even if Gate Keeper doesn't win, we could get a Jorge situation with him wherein the display of his popularity might get him into the game as a regular unit. Which I'd personally support. More lance infantries!

Another day, another vote for a character recently added to the poll. 

I voted for Phila from Awakening. Perhaps a combination of the surprise additions having a novelty factor to them and the fact Awakening has few characters remaining could end up with her in the game this year. Even as just a random joke seasonal.

I wouldn't be opposed to it.

2 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Wasn't Eliwood's win largely due to Lyn and Hector fans rallying together to vote for him? Eliwood's support was pretty big in CYL3 lol...

I always saw it as Lyn+Hector+Eliwood vs Marth for second place.

Yes. Eliwood won because in the halfway results, Eliwood was in 3rd. Hector and Lyn fans saw that Eliwood had a chance, and went all in on him.

It was basically a Veronica situation all over again.

I really hope Marth wins CYL, because I will say: Marth is the one character that deserves more than the other male character. Not because he is the first Lord, but because he would be a winner in CYL 2 if wasnt for the split votes. I dont care if we gets 1st or 2nd... I just hope he gets his deserves victory.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Hide contents

DmQxlRU.png

FUCK! If this ends up being real I'm voting Male Byleth just because I don't want gatekeeper of all people to be in CYL. 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

DmQxlRU.png

I hope this is accurate. Marth, Eirika, and Byleth F are all good picks, and I'd rather have Gatekeeper than a second Byleth or another regular 3H student. 

Just now, Othin said:

I hope this is accurate. Marth, Eirika, and Byleth F are all good picks, and I'd rather have Gatekeeper than a second Byleth or another regular 3H student. 

I can very much live with it too. Both Eirika and Marth have been hovering near the top two slots for multiple CYL's now so their fans probably deserve it. And I personally do not like Manbeth so him not making it is something I don't mind. While I'm a bit more iffy about a joke character making it to Bravehood I do like the Gatekeeper and think it would be kinda funny. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can very much live with it too. Both Eirika and Marth have been hovering near the top two slots for multiple CYL's now so their fans probably deserve it. And I personally do not like Manbeth so him not making it is something I don't mind. While I'm a bit more iffy about a joke character making it to Bravehood I do like the Gatekeeper and think it would be kinda funny. 

Yeah, exactly. My preference is to keep checking off lords, especially the major ones that have gotten snubbed, but a joke character is at least more novel than another alt of a regular character.

Freaking Gatekeeper haha! Look at the bright side at least Chrom might get first place next year and get a broken exclusive skill. I wasn't thinking about it, but it makes sense that F!Byleth's popularity wouldn't just disappear. Bernie was kind of a meme (for me) to beat Lysithea last time.

I don't necessarily want him, but if he's actually that high up when the midterm results come out I'll throw him a vote to help prevent the Byleth take over.

Ugh, I hate all the Gatekeeper hate. Sheesh, people, he's just as valid a character as anyone else, and I personally really like him. I don't see him as a "joke character." The most "joke character" I see here is Marth, since his losing CYL every year has become a joke. I don't hate the guy, I just find this trend funny, which is why I think it would be hilarious if he lost. Based on the potentially leaked poll results...

Spoiler

however, it seems like Marth is going to win this year. Good for him. I really hope Gatekeeper wins 2nd!

I'm so curious about what IS will do for a brave design for Gatekeeper. Maybe we'll get to see his face, or maybe he'll get Knights of Sieros armor and a banner or something. I look forward to his voiced lines, too, since I liked the acting for him so much in 3H.

Oh, also, he'd be my pick, based on the ones who look like they're going to win.

Spoiler

Eirika's okay, but I'm not that invested in her, and F!Byleth isn't that interesting to me. Neither is Marth. So, hands-down, the freebie I'd pick would be Gatekeeper.

13 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ugh, I hate all the Gatekeeper hate. Sheesh, people, he's just as valid a character as anyone else, and I personally really like him. I don't see him as a "joke character." The most "joke character" I see here is Marth, since his losing CYL every year has become a joke. I don't hate the guy, I just find this trend funny, which is why I think it would be hilarious if he lost. Based on the potentially leaked poll results...

Hide contents

however, it seems like Marth is going to win this year. Good for him. I really hope Gatekeeper wins 2nd!

I'm so curious about what IS will do for a brave design for Gatekeeper. Maybe we'll get to see his face, or maybe he'll get Knights of Sieros armor and a banner or something. I look forward to his voiced lines, too, since I liked the acting for him so much in 3H.

Oh, also, he'd be my pick, based on the ones who look like they're going to win.

Hide contents

Eirika's okay, but I'm not that invested in her, and F!Byleth isn't that interesting to me. Neither is Marth. So, hands-down, the freebie I'd pick would be Gatekeeper.

I think the biggest joke is his lack of a proper name and face. If he had those, he'd be a regular NPC. And possibly one people would be just as eager to make playable!

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Sheesh, people, he's just as valid a character as anyone else, and I personally really like him.

Is it really that unbelievable that some people don't want a meme to win a vote based on the idea of 'voting for your favourite character'? I think some people don't like the fact that if The Gatekeeper wins the vote, it's the meme that won and not the character himself. 

12 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Is it really that unbelievable that some people don't want a meme to win a vote based on the idea of 'voting for your favourite character'? I think some people don't like the fact that if The Gatekeeper wins the vote, it's the meme that won and not the character himself. 

Do you deny that some people actually like Gatekeeper because of his character though? He is a delight to talk to when you need something lighthearted, imo. Especially when a lot of the monastery is sad or upset about something.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

DmQxlRU.png

Isn’t that just twitter hashtags? I saw something similar on the FE Heroes subreddit.

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Do you deny that some people actually like Gatekeeper because of his character though? He is a delight to talk to when you need something lighthearted, imo. Especially when a lot of the monastery is sad or upset about something.

I don't deny that people actually like him but I do think that majority of his voter base is voting him because of the memes.

Yeah, that isn't a leak. It's just compiling the votes that people publicly tweeted out with hashtags attached. It might be accurate, but all it really shows is how vocal fans of those characters are.

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't see it as being jerks. At all. I do see it as funny, because no other character is seen as "entitled" to win. Maybe if we stopped treating him as deserving just because he was first, he wouldn't have a counter movement. Reality is, he doesn't deserve it any more or less than any other lord, as shown by the results themselves.

No one has treated him as if he deserves it because he was first. Not anyone throughout any of the five CYLs thus far. No one has said or acted like he deserved it over Ike, Roy, or Hector (the only three males above him in CYL 1 with unsplit votes). No one has treated Marth as if he was entitled to a CYL win because of his status as first lord.

What people HAVE rallied behind is the plain and simple fact that IS very literally cheated him out of a win by splitting his votes in CYL 2. Marth is the one and only single character that was screwed over by IS themselves. He should have already won, and his fans are rightly eager for that injustice to be rectified.

But instead of everyone just saying "hey good for you, Marth fans," when they see him ahead, they get "HAHA KICK MARTH OUT AGAIN MARTH FANS SOOOOO FUNNY LOSERS." I'd be aggravated, too.

It's not funny.

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

No one has treated him as if he deserves it because he was first. Not anyone throughout any of the five CYLs thus far. No one has said or acted like he deserved it over Ike, Roy, or Hector (the only three males above him in CYL 1 with unsplit votes). No one has treated Marth as if he was entitled to a CYL win because of his status as first lord.

What people HAVE rallied behind is the plain and simple fact that IS very literally cheated him out of a win by splitting his votes in CYL 2. Marth is the one and only single character that was screwed over by IS themselves. He should have already won, and his fans are rightly eager for that injustice to be rectified.

But instead of everyone just saying "hey good for you, Marth fans," when they see him ahead, they get "HAHA KICK MARTH OUT AGAIN MARTH FANS SOOOOO FUNNY LOSERS." I'd be aggravated, too.

It's not funny.

Ike also had split votes. Just saying. 

Spoiler

Anyway, because I don't like the attitude you've ascribed to non-Marth fans.... "Hey, good for you, Marth fans" that the alleged leak shows you winning. But do take my words into account. Don't stop rallying if the official halftime reveal shows you ahead this time. You certainly don't want to have your first place premium kit gatekept by the Gatekeeper of all characters.

34 minutes ago, Ether said:

Yeah, that isn't a leak. It's just compiling the votes that people publicly tweeted out with hashtags attached. It might be accurate, but all it really shows is how vocal fans of those characters are.

I guess that would make sense. Gatekeeper would certainly get more traction since Twitter would likely have a lot of fun with the ''lol gatekeeper'' comments.