Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

1 minute ago, Sil/phire said:

ok ok, thank you!

and oh man is that website awful, i had a hard time just looking for who i wanted to vote.

Do they keep a record of how the votes are going before it's over somewhere?

Yes, there's a battle ballot option available after you vote.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

ok ok, thank you!

and oh man is that website awful, i had a hard time just looking for who i wanted to vote.

Do they keep a record of how the votes are going before it's over somewhere?

Each event, they tend to make one post showing the current high-scoring units at around the midway point. It'll probably be tonight.

55 minutes ago, Othin said:

Each event, they tend to make one post showing the current high-scoring units at around the midway point. It'll probably be tonight.

Tomorrow night, according to the official tweet posted a few pages ago (the 25th, specifically).

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Don't act like it's more personal on IS's part than it was. They made rules, and according to those rules, Marth lost. Given how CYL1 went, you'd think Marth voters would have learned to stick to his FE3 version, but they didn't.

There was absolutely nothing in what I said to seem it was personal from IS, so don't twist my words and add false meaning to them.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, I updated the OP with the tweet about when the midterms will release. I estimate we have around 27 hours until then. What do you think we'll see?

Sounds about right, I think the results so far will match the expectations, though I'm curious how high Yuri and Gatekeeper end up.

For my fourth vote, I've used it on Marth.

1: Brom (PoR)
2: Brom (RD)
3: Brom (PoR)
4: Marth (3/12)
5:
6:
7:

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, I updated the OP with the tweet about when the midterms will release. I estimate we have around 27 hours until then. What do you think we'll see?

I'm guessing we'll see some expected things in the midterm results. Marth, Eirika, the two Byleths, Marianne, and Chrom will all be ranked highly. We'll probably see Gatekeeper in the Top 20. Ashe will be up there somewhere. Nino and Lilina may be the only two GBA characters aside from Eirika present in the Top 20.

So, more than half way done and I've stuck to my word:

Spoiler

UiNPyZj.png?1

I can't wait for the mid term results to disappoint me in at least one manner which is pretty much guaranteed since Cringekeeper is going to be somewhere within the top 20 males and any spot there is too high for the likes of him.

Day 4 and I'm still voting Severa. At this point it's not about winning but about sending a message and so help me if IS doesn't get that message

Spoiler

Edited by Ottservia

This is my pre mid terms battle ballot. 

Screenshot_20210125_075039.thumb.jpg.f12b68c27c99863be7b9469f16e29163.jpg

Judging by this twiter voting thing, they might not have that much support but I still hope for the best. 

Also tomorrow midterms and I am really excited to see how things are with voting and 3H not being in the centre of the discussion. 

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would love that so very much. Yuri may well be the most intelligent lord/lord-adjacent character we've ever had. 

I hope Yuri places well as well. I actually think he's more compelling of a character than Claude (who is also supposed to be intelligent and a 'schemer'). It seems like Yuri isn't that popular among Western fans though (at least on online). I hope he's in Top 10 or even Top 5 but realistically, probably a Top 20 finish. 😕 

On 1/23/2021 at 4:36 AM, GrandeRampel said:

I voted for Dithorba and I think I figured out who to vote for tomorrow. Anyway, really curious to see who everyone else is voting for. The interim results can't come soon enough.

I am 100% with you. The whole appeal of Dorothy to me is the fact that she looks like someone you could know irl. A normal girl who's not popular, nor particularly cares about being noticed. A common face in a crowd. 

If that was the intention they did an amazing job because even some NPC don't look as "normal" as her.

Tbh I do wish there were more characters designed like Dorothy. Your average, run-of-the-mill people who happened to get swept up in a war. There's more male characters that can be described this way, but not too many ladies. The girl that comes close to Dorothy is Meg imo, because Meg just seems like some girl they found walking down the street (oh wait they kinda did). Mozu also has a similar appeal. But even so, Meg and Mozu were still designed with some cuteness in mind while Dorothy wasn't.

Perhaps this could be its own topic, one discussing characters that were intentionally designed to be "ugly", "normal", or "beautiful".

...I've pretty much decided I just don't care enough about voting.

I'm already don't feel like my votes would actually make a difference, and even if 4 of the most fanservicy characters are the top 4 slots (or it's quadruple TH again), I'd be pulling from the CYL banner anyway, so... yeah, I'll just hope the 4 characters chosen aren't characters I personally hate.

12 minutes ago, SurvivorSecondChance said:

Mid terms are out

ngl, i'd be somewhat fine with these results, rhea is decently high (definitely higher than last year), and male byleth and chrom seem to be out of top 2

i imagine all meme voters will unite to vote for the gatekeeper, so unless marth fans suddenly stop voting for him, they'll manage to keep marth's position in top 2 quite safe
i don't see how another eliwood scenario could happen, so i'm ok

now that female byleth has actual chances of being outed of top 2, i think i might actually start voting marianne, against all i've said in these last 4 days

what really, REALLY drives me mad is henriette
how is she anywhere close to top 200, and in top 20 moreover

Edited by Yexin

Love Felix still being so high in the listing. Pretty remarkable, considering he just recently got an alt/into the game. 

Not too ecstatic about the Gatekeeper, but memes have never done much for me anyway. Don't see the appeal of the Byleths either, so I hope Marianne pulls ahead.

Also I am very happy about Dedue in 9 (put him in already, Intsys!), Takumi being back in the 20s and Rhea making it twice. ❤️

Overall, I could live with these results, but I hope Chrom and Marianne manage to pull an upset.

Gonna vote Chrom/Marth. Hopefully Marth fans keep voting Marth though so he could keep first place.

I've seen too many posts/comments online where people that don't even play FEH anymore saying they're going to vote Gatekeeper for the memes. It's honestly somewhat frustrating...