Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

Ironically I know Marth mostly for the (anime) memes as well. That doesn't make any potential votes for him invalid. Likewise all Gatekeeper votes are therefore valid.

Anyway, no complaints about the interim results. While I do like Chrom better than Marth, it looks like Marth will win easily and fairly this time, so good on him. While I do kinda find the 3rd place meme sort of amusing, ultimately what matters is that the correct decision is made according to the rules at the time. For what it's worth, I don't buy that Marth was ripped off in previous years, you can't apply any rule changes retroactively. What's next, invalidating all football results before the 90s when the offside rule was changed?

P.S. I have no idea who Abysskeeper is. DLC character?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oof. Plumeria is out of the top ten, and Anna is not even in the top twenty. I think I will throw the rest of my votes at Azura, the highest Dancer/Singer.

If it only it was brigand boss and gatekeeper. Imagine the men's side being memes. Well, either Eirika or Marth get snubbed out again or they finally win CYL. Meanwhile, Leif.

Still going to vote for irrelevant characters; Cherche, Sonya, and Orochi so far with Ismaire and Heather next. Not sure who the remaining two or one if I missed the time will be. Maybe Arete or Stefan.

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

ngl, i'd be somewhat fine with these results, rhea is decently high (definitely higher than last year), and male byleth and chrom seem to be out of top 2

i imagine all meme voters will unite to vote for the gatekeeper, so unless marth fans suddenly stop voting for him, they'll manage to keep marth's position in top 2 quite safe
i don't see how another eliwood scenario could happen, so i'm ok

now that female byleth has actual chances of being outed of top 2, i think i might actually start voting marianne, against all i've said in these last 4 days

what really, REALLY drives me mad is henriette
how is she anywhere close to top 200, and in top 20 moreover

At least Henriette has been around and said stuff that might endear her to people. Remember when Lir got into 10 ten when he'd had like zero dialogue in the story at that point? That was baffling to me.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

At least Henriette has been around and said stuff that might endear her to people. Remember when Lir got into 10 ten when he'd had like zero dialogue in the story at that point? That was baffling to me.

it also happened with Plumeria last year iirc, and i hated that just as much

not saying you can't vote for Henriette, i'd just like to know why she got so many votes, and how it is that so many people actively voted for her instead of more appealing or popular characters

I’m very pleasantly surprised to see how high female Corrin, Azura and Reinhardt placed. I never expected Corrin to make it into the top 5, and I’m very tempted to start voting for her (though like Ottservia and Tybrosion I still want to send a message about adding a particular character to Heroes, Shura in my case.)

I’ll be steamed if both Byleths get brave alts before either Corrin or either Robin.

I’ll be boiling if we get them as two of four Three Houses CYL winners and no Marth.

Oh wow! Gatekeeper! Honestly, if the final results was that, for both sides... I would be ok.

My vote was for Marth today, and will be the same for the remaining of the votes.

8 minutes ago, Yexin said:

not saying you can't vote for Henriette, i'd just like to know why she got so many votes, and how it is that so many people actively voted for her instead of more appealing or popular characters

That's a simple answer: some people wants those characters as playable.

That's one of the reasons Veronica won CYL 2. If IS will not give us a playable version of those characters, players will force them to do that by making them win CYL. Not that Henriette has a chance of winning...

I really want Gustav to become playable, and the Fallen Banner last year was a pretty good chance for him... But then we got some questionable picks instead.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a simple answer: some people wants those characters as playable.

That's one of the reasons Veronica won CYL 2. If IS will not give us a playable version of those characters, players will force them to do that by making them win CYL. Not that Henriette has a chance of winning...

I really want Gustav to become playable, and the Fallen Banner last year was a pretty good chance for him... But then we got some questionable picks instead.

don't get me wrong, i perfectly know that, but i thought people would've learned from the Veronica scenario
they voted her so much she got 2nd in CYL2, and we did get her Brave version, but guess what, it's 2021 and OG Veronica is still nowhere to be found

is that sentiment really strong enough to make you choose not to vote for you favorite characters, and instea vote for a character who appeared three times at most and has absolutely zero relevance?
wow, talk about determination

Edited by Yexin

31 minutes ago, Yexin said:

it also happened with Plumeria last year iirc, and i hated that just as much

People vote for shit. Figuratively and literally. It's why there are so many votes for Arden, Brigand Boss, gatekeeper, and the botted votes for Jorge as much as there are votes for Celica, Ephraim, Ike, or Lyn. You could put a piece of fucking cardboard as an option and people would vote for it to the point where it legitimately wins. Don't even get started with voting on life-changing decisions e.g. look at any country.

20 minutes ago, Yexin said:

don't get me wrong, i perfectly know that, but i thought people would've learned from the Veronica scenario
they voted her so much she got 2nd in CYL2, and we did get her Brave version, but guess what, it's 2021 and OG Veronica is still nowhere to be found

is that sentiment really strong enough to make you choose not to vote for you favorite characters, and instea vote for a character who appeared three times at most and has absolutely zero relevance?
wow, talk about determination

Dont get me wrong, I understand your point of view of this situation... But it's their votes, and they do whatever they want with them.

I was one of the players that voted for Veronica in CYL 2 (at least with half of my votes, since I started to do it after the Midway results). And honestly, I dont think there was something to learn from that. I wanted to have her playable, and I got that. It's sad that we still dont have OG Veronica as playable? Maybe, but that doesn't affect me.

Each player uses its votes the way they want, and they have their own reasons for that.

And honestly, there are others in that list with zero relevance as well... Especially all the 3H students, which are basically optional units on the game. But people voted for them, and I respect that. 

53 minutes ago, Aethernal LUX said:

Guuuuys keep voting for Eirika, she is so close to the victory. FINALLY.

Do not relax on her ❤️

Agreed! Don't let up! We know upsets can happen, after all!!

Still, this is such a magical feeling!! :')

59 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh wow! Gatekeeper! Honestly, if the final results was that, for both sides... I would be ok.

Something something "STOP THE COUNT"?

Seriously though, I think Gatekeeper's an utter cinnamon roll, but I do feel incredibly sorry for Chrom's fans.

(Edit: I added a link to the midterms and top three of each gender to the OP, for those interested.)

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Dont get me wrong, I understand your point of view of this situation... But it's their votes, and they do whatever they want with them.

I was one of the players that voted for Veronica in CYL 2 (at least with half of my votes, since I started to do it after the Midway results). And honestly, I dont think there was something to learn from that. I wanted to have her playable, and I got that. It's sad that we still dont have OG Veronica as playable? Maybe, but that doesn't affect me.

Each player uses its votes the way they want, and they have their own reasons for that.

And honestly, there are others in that list with zero relevance as well... Especially all the 3H students, which are basically optional units on the game. But people voted for them, and I respect that. 

i agree with what you said, it's just that my brain probably can't compute this information

as for all the 3H students, well i can understand why they get so many votes:
1) they have more than 3 lines of dialogue, 2) some of them have decent moments in 3H's story, and 3) you actually have the time to grow some degree of affection towards them

said things aren't true for henriette, as far as i know
anyway, i'm not gonna complain about this any longer, it's really nothing that serious, i just wanted to know those people's reasons for voting her, but i probably never will

changing topic, i hope all seiros voters can join rhea's, i really want to see how far she can get (probably not above 10th position, but still)

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

changing topic, i hope all seiros voters can join rhea's, i really want to see ho far she can get (probably not above 10th position, but still)

I wonder what would be Rhea's position if she had combined votes with Seiros. She has a similar situation of Black Knight and Zelgius.

I'm actually pretty salty about Gatekeeper blocking out Chrom right now. Things may change, but I'm not sure how that will happen just yet, or if people will push Gatekeeper to the top spot (most likely). Although maybe IntSys would see the joke in this and open CYL to the top 3 spots this year? ...yeah, didn't think so...sigh...next year Chrom...assuming a FE4 remake doesn't come out leading to Seliph and Sigurd stealing those spots...sigh...

Edited by Use the Falchion

I'm quite happy with how this is looking. Top 2 for both sides are good, and plenty of missing characters further down the list: Marianne, Henrietta, Seiros, Constance, Yuri, Dedue, Ashe, Linhardt, and Caspar. Hopefully this will lead to getting all of them added over the course of this year. Only original students missing who aren't on it are Ignatz and Leonie, which isn't too surprising.

My votes so far are Lara, Salem, Linoan, and Safy. Curious to see how that'll end up going.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Only original students missing who aren't on it are Ignatz and Leonie, which isn't too surprising.

There's still hope. We can still draw everyone a picture!

Also Hapi seems missing which is a bit of a shame. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There's still hope. We can still draw everyone a picture!

Also Hapi seems missing which is a bit of a shame. 

Hapi and Balthus are the two DLC students missing. I expect them to show up eventually, but it could take longer.