Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, regular characters like Marianne and Lysithea are the ones I least want to get Brave versions. 

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Top 2 for males and top 2 for females. 3rd gets nothing directly. First place for each gender tends to be a more premium kit with full skill slots.

First place are the ones with a personal passive. 

Totally forgot about CYL. I’m not really into FEH anymore, but still stick around just to see what kind of stuff it comes with. Ikve voted today my first time for Rhea, but seeing the gatekeeper in second place, should I vote for him from now on? Why the hell not?

Gatekeeper, let’s go. Sorry Chrome, I’ll switch my votes from tomorrow onwards. So the first time that you need to use a Nintendo Account, a meme gets top 2...maybe the bots weren’t voting the ones people expected 🤭

15 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Gatekeeper, let’s go. Sorry Chrome, I’ll switch my votes from tomorrow onwards. So the first time that you need to use a Nintendo Account, a meme gets top 2...maybe the bots weren’t voting the ones people expected 🤭

Oh no....maybe Jorge won honestly after all!

Edited by Etrurian emperor

55 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I am the LAST person to complain to about seasonal alts, because I don't pay attention to them or who gets them. I HATE seasonals and wish they would all go away so we could have more New Heroes. That has been my consistent and vocal stance for years.

That’s nice, and I and everyone else for that matter was already well aware of how you feel about seasonals.

Awakening getting shafted in that area is still a glaring issue regardless of whether you care about seasonals or not.

52 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

If you really feel Awakening is shafted, wouldn't it be a better idea to vote for someone who isn't already in the game? or someone who doesn't have any alts?

In regards to both questions, I was:

Spoiler

UiNPyZj.png

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That’s nice, and I and everyone else for that matter was already well aware of how you feel about seasonals.

Awakening getting shafted in that area is still a glaring issue regardless of whether you care about seasonals or not.

Hide contents

UiNPyZj.png

Isn't she technically already in the game? just in her Fates outfit. (and for some reason the game really, really wanted me to have and use her because i got her like 6 times now.)

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hide contents

UiNPyZj.png

All I'm saying is that you're preaching to someone who can't appreciate the significance of any alts from any games. Most I can say is "damn, sucks, bro. I sure hope they treat Awakening better in seasonals so its fans can get the warm and fuzzies while they continue to leave out half of my Tellius characters in regular banners."

Which yeah. Sure. I can empathize and hope you get what you want. I hope everyone gets what they want. Unfortunately, everything is a zero sum game. Every new seasonal theme is one less New Heroes banner. Gatekeeper winning means Chrom doesn't. Marianne weaning means Bernadetta doesn't. Every victory is a defeat....

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

7 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Isn't she technically already in the game? just in her Fates outfit. (and for some reason the game really, really wanted me to have and use her because i got her like 6 times now.)

Yes, she exists as Selena the not Fluorspar and that Selena even got an alt first but the “no alts” card is still very much in play.

Plus, Owain has been in the game since 2018 while Inigo at least has presence as a seasonal locked unit. Severa, meanwhile, only has her horrifically mediocre “Selena” self.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yes, she exists as Selena the not Fluorspar and that Selena even got an alt first but the “no alts” card is still very much in play.

Plus, Owain has been in the game since 2018 while Inigo at least has presence as a seasonal locked unit. Severa, meanwhile, only has her horrifically mediocre “Selena” self.

I think the reason why Inigo and Severa aren't in the game is that they're functionally identical to their Fates selves. They barely even constitute alts. Owain at least changes classes.

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think the reason why Inigo and Severa aren't in the game is that they're functionally identical to their Fates selves. They barely even constitute alts. Owain at least changes classes.

I agree. Their personalities and appearances change somewhat (for the better for both of them, IMO) but they still are the same class (mercenary) whereas Odin is a dark mage and I’d argue his personality changed more than theirs.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't think that's ridiculous at all. There's a sliding scale between "expected new main lords" (which actually wasn't the case because one winner was a non-lord) and "literal mem- I mean NPC who definitely isn't a meme. Nope. No memes here. It's apparently factually inaccurate that he's a meme."

That inbetween is wanting regular popular characters like Marianne and Jill to win it.

well to be completely honest, even though lysithea isn't a lord, she's still one of the most popular characters from 3H
powerful+memes+wAiFu+many other factors i don't care enough to list, but most importantly, she wasn't in Heroes yet when CYL4 started, and that's why she got 2nd
again, even though she's no lord, almost everyone saw that coming, so in some people's eyes it was indeed boring

as for regular popular characters, i already expressed my opinion: if people rally for them simply because they've yet to be added in Heroes, i don't want them to win
not saying people can't vote them purely for that reason, it's just that single reason i can't bring myself to accept, at all 

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Sure, but IS has also saw it fit to give us a Reinhardt alt and an Olwen alt that are literally identical (complete with cuboon doing the art for both again) to their original versions and two infantry sword Mareetas.

Plus, Severa and Inigo don’t even have to be infantry swords. Bow cavalier is just as viable of an option (and Bow Knight is Severa’s canon promotion in Fates anyways).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure, but IS has also saw it fit to give us a Reinhardt alt and an Olwen alt that are literally identical (complete with cuboon doing the art for both again) to their original versions and two infantry sword Mareetas.

Plus, Severa and Inigo don’t even have to be infantry swords. Bow cavalier is just as viable of an option (and Bow Knight is Severa’s canon promotion in Fates anyways).

I never said IS was particularly logical in all of its decisions. I mean, just this morning, they announced an alt of an alt with more stats for a unit who is already overpowered.

32 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Inigo is in the game, just as a seasonal. Which would be a perfectly good way to add Severa in a different class from Selena. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Inigo is in the game, just as a seasonal. Which would be a perfectly good way to add Severa in a different class from Selena. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

Same for as popular of character as she is I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten like a seasonal or resplendent or something. Literally all she’s gotten is a refine and that’s it. It’s more than a little frustrating if you ask me. On the gatekeeper topic. I’d be fine if he got into heroes. I just don’t want him to get a brave alt. It feels like a waste tbh

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Same for as popular of character as she is I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten like a seasonal or resplendent or something. Literally all she’s gotten is a refine and that’s it. It’s more than a little frustrating if you ask me. On the gatekeeper topic. I’d be fine if he got into heroes. I just don’t want him to get a brave alt. It feels like a waste tbh

Do you really think that all the people that voted for him have no intention to summon him?

Of the current 4 leads, there's no question that he would be my free summon (unless they make him an infantry sword)

I'm honestly curious if IS is going to do some behind the scenes vote shuffling last second. I've seen some games that do these kinds of popularity contests do that. And if done right its pretty much untraceable.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

On the gatekeeper topic. I’d be fine if he got into heroes. I just don’t want him to get a brave alt. It feels like a waste tbh

Yeah, same with me. Besides, we're now practically guaranteed to get him anyways because even if he does get booted from 2nd they'll probably just add him as the GHB Jorge-style.

9 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Do you really think that all the people that voted for him have no intention to summon him?

I've literally seen people who don't even play FEH anymore or never did (including in this topic) say that they're voting Gatekeeper just because "ha ha, funny meme man".

And on that note, I wish they had the means to police that and only allow active FEH players to vote in this.

I do agree that people who aren't actively playing FEH anymore shouldn't fuck around with voting unless they're actually going to come back into the game.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, same with me. Besides, we're now practically guaranteed to get him anyways because even if he does get booted from 2nd they'll probably just add him as the GHB Jorge-style.

I don’t have anything against gatekeeper (though I do not like the idea of him winning but that doesn’t really matter).

The thing is that, do you really think IS would release him as a free unit now that they’ve seen how far he can go? If he gets in the game as a normal unit on a new heroes banner, he will most likely come with premium skills and 5* locked so players that really like him could spend. I don’t want him to get a brave alt, but I understand the reasons.

Good Lord, this year is definitely... interesting.

Just imagine all the people that actively hate Awakening voting for Chrome just to take Gatekeeper out of top 2... Could it be any better? 

Also, being more serious though, keep in mind that people not posting in the forum doesn’t mean that they stopped playing