Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave my first 5 votes to Anna (Awakening). Gave today's to Byleth (female) and tomorrow's will go to Gatekeeper.

I'll be very happy with this year if the current results hold. I wouldn't mind the top two swapping, though I do want Byleth and Gatekeeper to get the same position, regardless of if that's 1st or 2nd.

There are other characters I'd prefer to see win, of course, but of the top 5 on both sides, the current winners are who I want to take it.

I gave all my votes to Caeda but she still never shows up at Top 20 Interim Results. She's the character all my time favorite and princess that started of it all just like Marth and deserves need more recognition (like in her Legendary form) after having some alternatives: Bride attire, her Mirage form inside Tsubasa, and younger form compared to her husband which has Groom attire, Legendary Hero, Christmas attire, and his younger form.

Edited by Hengki Kusuma Adi

Started off planning to throw a vote at Panne and Gatekeeper(I just thought him being available to choose was neat, I didn't expect him to actually do well) and Eirika, and then maybe the trainee trio of Amelia/Ross/Ewan. Used to be a given, but since they are in I have less urge to throw them votes. After midterms however, I have decided to alternate between Eirika and Gatekeeper. Normally I don't like repeating votes, but I am kinda meh this year so whatever.

I like when meme characters make it far enough to get a chance to be released into the game but I definitely do not want them to win. Gatekeeper into Heroes is awesome. Brave Gatekeeper into Heroes is awful. 

Despite not liking Chrom (and Byleth even less), I need to throw all my remaining votes towards him now.

Edited by Vince777

So my ballet looks like:

1. Anna(Awakening). She didn't even show up in the top 20 unfortunate.
  2. Marianne(Post-time skip)
  3. Hapi(Pre-time skip). I like her and the rest of the Ashen Wolves' pre-time skip designs.
  4. Python
  5. Marianne(Pre-time skip)
  6. Marianne(Post-time skip)
  7. Probably Marianne again, it would be really cool if she could actually get 2nd place. If I didn't care too much then Orochi.

This will probably be the first time I don't care about any of the characters who will get Brave alts. Marth just deserves it at this point though. It's gonna suck if he gets dropped down by Gatekeeper. I can't tell if people are actually voting for him because they like him or because of memes.

Edited by SSbardock84

28 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

This will probably be the first time I don't care about any of the characters who will get Brave alts. Marth just deserves it at this point though. It's gonna suck if he gets dropped down by Gatekeeper. I can't tell if people are actually voting for him because they like him or because of memes.

It’s more that we already had flavors of Chrom and Marth, I guess they could use another one to keep up with powercreep, but we more or less already know what kinds of weapons, skills, and dialogue they will have. Gatekeeper is someone new, I’m actually excited at what he might bring to the table.

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

I can't tell if people are actually voting for him because they like him or because of memes.

It's some of Column A, and some of Column B (with them sometimes coinciding).

Needless to say, I personally have a lot less respect (as in, none at all) for the ones (and only the ones) who are entirely Column B (and especially if they also happen to not even play FEH or never did to begin with). It's still their vote of course, but that doesn't mean I have to like it at all when it's just for the sake of a joke (one that will grow stale eventually) and for no other reason.

52 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I'm hoping the results will drop before the New Years banner goes away, at the very least. I'd like to know if I'm hoarding orbs for CYL or dumping my stash on NY and Seiros.

Seiros' banner ends on the 5th so you'll definitely know the results by then.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

How long usually takes for the CYL results to be leaked? i know people gets the results based on the website's data or something like that... It's like 1-2 days before the reveal, right?

Correct. Someone earlier suggested the leak would be on Sunday (so two days later).

18 hours ago, Mercakete said:

@Lemmy

ELENA

Ah, you beat me to it!

EIRIKA

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Correct. Someone earlier suggested the leak would be on Sunday (so two days later).

Thanks!

Also, for you to know. I promised to a friend that my last vote would be for Eirika... and that's who I will vote tomorrow.

My ballot will end as 6 votes for Marth and 1 for Eirika.

2 hours ago, drattakbowser said:

Gatekeeper is a CHEAT !!! He is not a fighting unit ! He doesn't need to win !

Rinea's not a fighting unit but she got in.

Gatekeeper has a lance in his cipher art, therefore he's capable of fighting.

19 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man. I kind of want this except that it would probably be less funny and more creepy since I think Lima was canonically extremely entitled and promiscuous (and he wasn't a dancer so much as he had a bunch of dancers.) That would be interesting, though... Imagine the conversations with Celica, Conrad and Alm! And maybe even Rudolf, too. And Mila.

@Lemmy

ELENA

I was thinking he'd be like Rinea and fight with Goblets since he's a drunkard. (Though I  guess his goblets would have love hearts instead of musical notes.)

Too bad there's no gender in Heroes so we can't have him get buffs by fighting near the ladies.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Thanks!

Also, for you to know. I promised to a friend that my last vote would be for Eirika... and that's who I will vote tomorrow.

My ballot will end as 6 votes for Marth and 1 for Eirika.

I'm happy to help!

And thank you so so much! I hope she finally wins this year, after so so long!!

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Excited for the inevitable leak. It's as consistent as the first summer banner always leaking haha.

I hope Eirika holds steady -- my worry is people get complacent!

I'm worried too! People getting complacent is always frightening, but with voters flocking to the 2nd and 3rd placers (especially Chrom and GK), I'm really *really* concerned about Eirika (and Marth) slipping to second or even third. I fear the latter is more likely for Marth actually, due to the aforementioned examples.

1 hour ago, Samz707 said:

Rinea's not a fighting unit but she got in.

Nah, she definitely is. Rinea just has to get her betrothed to sell her soul without permission and of course forgive him for no reason after the fact in order to gain the ability to fight. Easy.

@DefyingFates

XD I need to take what I can get for Elena! Sorry, but that's how it has to be for now! (This feels like a pillow fight or a snowball fight, hahah!)

@drattakbowser

It's not a cheat unless he's botted in. Also, I'd argue that since his only chance at becoming playable is for him to get into Heroes, he does need to win (or at least score reasonably well and hope against hope that IS recognizes him and brings him in.)

@Samz707

I'd support that. Also, that's hilarious! XD Like, if his foe is female, he gets a buff for hitting (on) her or something. ... Actually, I want that to be a Valentine's weapon trend for Sylvain, Inigo, Gatrie and Sain. Lima can be a duo unit with Conrad trying to keep his dad from making more kids and apologizing for him all the time. X3 I'm not super serious about that, though. Really, the four previously mentioned I'd love to see on a Valentine's banner (or a White Day banner), but centered on bad pickup lines. XD

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

XD I need to take what I can get for Elena! Sorry, but that's how it has to be for now! (This feels like a pillow fight or a snowball fight, hahah!)

You win this round, Mercakete! You're lucky I love both those things... *shakes fist*

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

or at least score reasonably well and hope against hope that IS recognizes him and brings him in

I think it's safe to say he's guaranteed at *least* a GHB/TT spot at this point, but I'm still curious what they'd give him if he wins instead. I hope it's not just "vanilla Gatekeeper" in that case though: that'd feel a bit...anticlimatic (and also raise the question of "Why the heck wasn't he on the front lines?!" if he's as powercrept as the Brave Lords were last year xD)

34 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

You win this round, Mercakete! You're lucky I love both those things... *shakes fist*

Kehehehee!

I think it's safe to say he's guaranteed at *least* a GHB/TT spot at this point, but I'm still curious what they'd give him if he wins instead. I hope it's not just "vanilla Gatekeeper" in that case though: that'd feel a bit...anticlimatic (and also raise the question of "Why the heck wasn't he on the front lines?!" if he's as powercrept as the Brave Lords were last year xD)

Are you kidding? He's been protecting all of Gereg Mach almost single-handedly for all these years. He was tasked with guarding that entire place. Why do you think that is? XD

Man, I hope he has crazy defenses. I mean, he's a guard... Part of me hopes he gets a different class than his usual one. Maybe as a wyvern knight or something just to shake things up. Also, seeing him without his helmet would be cool. Whatever the case, I hope he gets high def/res/HP and skills that make him a good wall!

Edit:

@Samz707 suggested this.

GateKeeper He'd be a lance Unit, have that usually Armor Knight ability of "Units can't move past tiles near them" and basically be a sorta area-denial unit of sorts (maybe even getting Vantage/Ranged Counter?) as a sorta hard to dislodge tile blocker but lacking in actual offensive power. (So most of his skills and such, not too familiar with Heroes as I'm a newbie so I can't list many skills exactly, would be the kind that trigger when the enemy attacks first.)

And now it is my dream for Gatekeeper. Obstruction Def/Res+DC Wall, go!

Edited by Mercakete