Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

6 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

Nergal's voteable?

I might have to put my initial votes (And the rest if he has a chance after half-way) next voting thing.

Most major villains are votable.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Samz707 said:

Jedah wasn't til' the most recent one and people talked about wanting Nergal in but never mentioned voting so I presumed he wasn't votable either.

Jedah's first time being votable was CYL2.

And I gave my final vote.

For those curious my ballot looks like this:

1: Dorothy

2: Dithorba

3: Phila

4: Eirika

5: Eirika

6: Eirika

7: Malice

I had to give my final vote to another criminally overlooked character.

The first female mercenary, Malice. Because she looks cool (nobody can convince me Nailah wasn't partially based on her) and she is also a pretty interesting piece of FE history, coming from the first spin-off game.

If I can't get the substitute kids, can I at least get sweet Akaneia Saga representation?

Edited by GrandeRampel

23 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The first female mercenary, Malice.

That distinction technically goes to Creidne, since she promotes into a Hero which of course only serves to make Creidne further worse than Larcei gameplay wise when Genealogy did not have Myrmidon and Mercenary as separate classes.

That, and New Mystery ended up retconning Malice into a Myrmidon anyways.

Edited by Tybrosion

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So today was the last day of voting. When will we see the results?

They likely won’t be formally announced until the anniversary FEH Channel (which itself will likely be on 02/01, 7:00 pm Pacific Time).

That said, the results could get leaked a day or two before the 1st through the CYL’s site code like they were last year.

well my votes went like this:

Elphin

Yashiro

Priam

Balthus

Volug 

Yuri

Yuri

I really don't care about braves since the first CYL so I only vote for units not in game that I like.  I hope Yuri places highly so the Ashen Wolves get in this year.

6 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

This is what my final ballot looks like 

Screenshot_20210128_075659.thumb.jpg.731e72404f3b3f35d38024be6a74b090.jpg

Now that we have Seiros in the game I don't care about the CYL results that much to be honest. Just hope Marth keeps 1st place. 

Thank you so much for supporting Rhea

Voting is finished! Any last minute predictions about the results?

Personally, I think Marth and Eirika had enough support to retain winning positions. Based on what I was seeing on reddit and Twitter, they retained strong support through all seven days of voting.

As for the other winners, I really think we might see a double jump, with Marianne jumping Byleth and Chrom jumping Gatekeeper. Both of them had strong support pre-midterms, but then seemed to get TONS more post-midterms. Gatekeeper also had tons of support, true, but I feel like Chrom passed him.

If our winners really are Marth, Eirika, Chrom, and Marianne, then I think that's a pretty darn good lineup.

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Personally, I think Marth and Eirika had enough support to retain winning positions. Based on what I was seeing on reddit and Twitter, they retained strong support through all seven days of voting.

I sure hope so! Seeing them in first place for midterms was an amazing feeling, if they slipped after that...

And yes: voting is finished! And now we just have to wait. Whether that's until IS announces the results or they upload it to the CYL site remains to be seen, but I hope this is one thing they didn't fix.

33 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Voting is finished! Any last minute predictions about the results?

As for the other winners, I really think we might see a double jump, with Marianne jumping Byleth and Chrom jumping Gatekeeper. Both of them had strong support pre-midterms, but then seemed to get TONS more post-midterms. Gatekeeper also had tons of support, true, but I feel like Chrom passed him.

If our winners really are Marth, Eirika, Chrom, and Marianne, then I think that's a pretty darn good lineup.

I'm guessing Gatekeeper 1st, Marth 2nd. Oddballs like Gatekeeper tend to get more support after the midterm increases the spotlight on them.

I haven't been paying as much attention to the women's division, but I could see it staying as-is. The midterm results there were about as predictable as possible, so I don't expect much in the way of shakeups.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Last year, results were leaked on Jan 31 while voting started and ended on the same days as this year.

Sounds like a good guess, then.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

The midterm results there were about as predictable as possible,

Maybe I'm a pessimist but I expected Eirika to be third, so I was pleasantly surprised by them - but also afraid that's what the final results will be.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Last year, results were leaked on Jan 31 while voting started and ended on the same days as this year.

Here's hoping the tradition continues!

For males, Gatekeeper I'm certain will stay Top 2 and may even surpass Marth for #1. People already voted him up to that point without thinking he'd get that high, now that people have seen how far he's come they're going to double down and push even more for the character. The other one will be Marth or Chrom, I'm leaning the former since after CYL3 I'm sure that his fans will push hard to not have a repeat incident, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chrom accidently kicks him out due to the anti-Gatekeeper voting mostly happening for him over Marth.

For females, I think it'll remain the same with maybe Marianne pulling an upset on F!Byleth. All three of Eirika, F!Byleth, and Marianne have been very vocal in pushing their character and the interim results certainly got a rally behind all three to either keep their spots/get a higher spot. I feel that ultimately all three's rallies are going to be rather even and thus not overcome the others, but I will concede that Marianne does have the same two big factors going for her like Lysithea did the previous year (popularity and lack of presence in the game currently) so her managing to pull ahead of F!Byleth is not out of the realm of possibility. 

Edited by Medeus

I'll admit to being curious as to what they'll do if Gatekeeper wins. Will he get characterized and named?! I know my DM for D&D gets annoyed when my party asks for every NPC's name 😂

Personally though, I kept my votes to Chrom and F!Robin. I missed my last vote due to work shenanigans, but I would have thrown an obligatory vote to Marth.