Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

Looks like IS is starting to learn how to not leak stuff. First the NY Banner was not leaked in the Legendary Hero update, and now still no leak from CYL 5 from the website data.

Still, I will only believe they really changed when the first Summer Banner doesn't get leaked this year.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, the results are totally getting revealed tonight, right? Right?!

They should be, most likely in about 10-11 hours. 

9 hours ago, Othin said:

They should be, most likely in about 10-11 hours. 

I'm a little worried thatt we haven't even gotten a notification for a Feh Channel since this is the meant to be the anniversary one, but there's a little under 50 minutes until the usual time FEH puts out news and it'd be exactly a year since last year's Channel, so...fingers crossed, right?

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm a little worried thatt we haven't even gotten a notification for a Feh Channel since this is the meant to be the anniversary one, but there's a little under 50 minutes until the usual time FEH puts out news and it'd be exactly a year since last year's Channel, so...fingers crossed, right?

Seems like they've been lighter on those sorts of announcements lately. I assume it'll still happen.

I wonder what the results will be if you take away the almost 30% of votes that were from non players of FEH. Probably the same...but the winner probably wouldn't be the character that received the most votes of all time.  Ridiculous.

Edit: I was wrong. Edelgard received the most votes of all time. 😛 

Edited by zuibangde

Spoiler

Marianne in first is even better than I had ever hoped! Excited beyond belief knowing my favorite girl will get only the best and not some 2nd place hand me downs like Eliwood or Claude did.

Also, two non lords in first place? Interesting. Def looking forward too what Gatekeeper will get too. Hopefully these won't be as boring as last years just going for their promoted classes.

13 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I wonder what the results will be if you take away the almost 30% of votes that were from non players of FEH. Probably the same...but the winner probably wouldn't be the character that received the most votes of all time.

If anything, he would've been more dominating

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
If anything, he would've been more dominating

Oooh that's interesting. I always assumed Eirika had the most support for the female side among the FEH community but that's probably just on reddit/here.

Edited by zuibangde

Spoiler

I...what?

Memevoting is one thing, but I find it difficult to believe Gatekeeper would have almost 30000 more votes than Marth of all people. Nor can I believe that Marianne jumped over both Byleth and Eirika (and that Byleth stayed so low). If Byleth had overtaken Eirika or Marianne overtook Byleth, that'd be one thing, but this?!

Something's definitely off about all of this. As much as I hate to admit it, the Marianne thing could possibly have come about from severe rallying/ complacency on TTeam Eirika and Byleth's parts, but the numbers are still bizarre. Gatekeeper and Marth's gap though: yeah, that's not right at all.

Wow, I just noticed that Elincia hopped up all the way to #47 total. Is this her highest ever? EDIT: Luthier at #82 too, I'm pretty sure that's got to be his highest. I think he's now the highest SoV character who's not in yet. EDIT2: Stefan, Tormod, and Marcia are all within top 150, within a few spaces of each other. If they could get on a banner together, that'd be a fucking dream for me.

Edited by Sunwoo

To say I'm disappointed with these results would be an understatement but let's not focus on the negatives and focus on the positives. My girl Severa jumped from 72nd place in CYL4 all the way to 42nd in CYL 5!!!!! now that's one hell of a leap. they can't keep ignoring her now. She's gotta get into game this year with that score.

I'm curious how that banner would be themed, but if it gets Marcia in the game, I'm down. Honestly more than anything, I'm glad Mia remained in top 20. Seeing Gatekeeper prove he's really good at his job is pretty funny, to be honest.

About the results: 

Spoiler

I'm not as salty about Gatekeeper anymore since Marianne getting first place was a great steal and comeback victory. Now Chrom has a clear shot at winning...so long as an FE4 remake isn't around the corner. If it is, then Chrom would have to compete against Seliph, Sigurd, Quan, Leif, and probably Lex. (And maybe Arvis.) That's stiff competition. But if it's FE6 and/or 7, Eliwood, Hector, and Roy have all already won, so they can't compete. Anyways, here's to hoping Chrom wins by a long-shot next year. 

We've had cases where the second place in one division scores worse than the third place in the other, but this is the first time the first place in one division does that. That's kind of hilarious.

Looks like Chrom is pretty well-positioned for next year, then.