Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

7 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ike also had split votes. Just saying. 

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, because I don't like the attitude you've ascribed to non-Marth fans.... "Hey, good for you, Marth fans" that the alleged leak shows you winning. But do take my words into account. Don't stop rallying if the official halftime reveal shows you ahead this time. You certainly don't want to have your first place premium kit gatekept by the Gatekeeper of all characters.

Ike won 1st place, he wasn't cheated out of it. Enormous difference.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I will say is that I hope, that if Marth wins, they give him a premium Falchion and let his OG form evolve his Falchion to it. OG Marth has aged really, really poorly. He was a moderately okay support when he first got his refine, and now he's just outclassed so thoroughly by so many other premium and f2p supports.

13 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

What I will say is that I hope, that if Marth wins, they give him a premium Falchion and let his OG form evolve his Falchion to it. OG Marth has aged really, really poorly. He was a moderately okay support when he first got his refine, and now he's just outclassed so thoroughly by so many other premium and f2p supports.

They don't do weapon upgrades like that anymore, most likely because of what it did to Eliwood. Next to impossible to make a sword calvary unit sell among the whales because he's probably better. Haven't done it in years at this point.

It will be a Falchion under a different name so its separate from all of the other ones in terms of upgrading.

Watch Marth get a staff or something.

These brave alts tend to like to mix up the weapon types, at least a bit. Even Hector got something other than Armads!

2 hours ago, Ether said:

Yeah, that isn't a leak. It's just compiling the votes that people publicly tweeted out with hashtags attached. It might be accurate, but all it really shows is how vocal fans of those characters are.

I remember people have done compilations like those previous years - do we know how accurate they turned out? I feel like there were some surprises.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

No one has treated him as if he deserves it because he was first. Not anyone throughout any of the five CYLs thus far. No one has said or acted like he deserved it over Ike, Roy, or Hector (the only three males above him in CYL 1 with unsplit votes). No one has treated Marth as if he was entitled to a CYL win because of his status as first lord.

What people HAVE rallied behind is the plain and simple fact that IS very literally cheated him out of a win by splitting his votes in CYL 2. Marth is the one and only single character that was screwed over by IS themselves. He should have already won, and his fans are rightly eager for that injustice to be rectified.

But instead of everyone just saying "hey good for you, Marth fans," when they see him ahead, they get "HAHA KICK MARTH OUT AGAIN MARTH FANS SOOOOO FUNNY LOSERS." I'd be aggravated, too.

It's not funny.

Don't act like it's more personal on IS's part than it was. They made rules, and according to those rules, Marth lost. Given how CYL1 went, you'd think Marth voters would have learned to stick to his FE3 version, but they didn't.

They weren't particularly good rules, and they changed them after CYL2, seemingly with the primary purpose of helping Marth get a better chance at winning. So far, it hasn't worked.

I certainly hope he wins eventually, and anyone actively trying to sabotage him is just obnoxious. But IS didn't do anything different to Marth than what they did to every other character whose votes went from split to combined.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

I remember people have done compilations like those previous years - do we know how accurate they turned out? I feel like there were some surprises.

Don't act like it's more personal on IS's part than it was. They made rules, and according to those rules, Marth lost. Given how CYL1 went, you'd think Marth voters would have learned to stick to his FE3 version, but they didn't.

They weren't particularly good rules, and they changed them after CYL2, seemingly with the primary purpose of helping Marth get a better chance at winning. So far, it hasn't worked.

I certainly hope he wins eventually, and anyone actively trying to sabotage him is just obnoxious. But IS didn't do anything different to Marth than what they did to every other character whose votes went from split to combined.

I'm sure that they've been analyzed at some point, but I wouldn't know where those would be or what the results were. Even if they haven't been due to midterm results, we'll have those... tomorrow, I believe was when they said they would be out?

2 hours ago, Ether said:

Yeah, that isn't a leak. It's just compiling the votes that people publicly tweeted out with hashtags attached. It might be accurate, but all it really shows is how vocal fans of those characters are.

Yeah and unless if I'm mistaken, that was also only tracking (aside from Gatekeeper) the top characters from CYL4. Ergo, it is not accounting for any other possible new contenders or other popular characters (like Soren or F!Corrin) who weren't near the absolute top in CYL4.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

"Sabotaging" him is only obnoxious if you don't genuinely prefer the other character. I genuinely preferred Ephraim and Eliwood. I would genuinely prefer Robin, Chrom, Byleth, Seliph, or especially Sigurd. But you wouldn't see me voting for Gatekeeper just to troll Marth stans. You certainly wouldn't see me vote for popular characters that I dislike (like Sylvain) just to laugh at Marth.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

"Sabotaging" him is only obnoxious if you don't genuinely prefer the other character. I genuinely preferred Ephraim and Eliwood. I would genuinely prefer Robin, Chrom, Byleth, Seliph, or especially Sigurd. But you wouldn't see me voting for Gatekeeper just to troll Marth stans. You certainly wouldn't see me vote for popular characters that I dislike (like Sylvain) just to laugh at Marth.

Yeah, genuinely preferring a different character is a completely different matter. People are free to prefer and vote for whoever they want.

I've seen that chart and I'm pretty sure it's not a leak, just a general poll of what's going over in twitter. In other words, doesn't mean a thing.

Marth getting Aum staff would be pretty interesting if he wins, but I think I remember something about how Aum can be used only by princesses. But then again, Falchion was also only able to be used by men, so maybe we can do a little retcon.

4 hours ago, zuibangde said:

I don't deny that people actually like him but I do think that majority of his voter base is voting him because of the memes.

Glad to know that those of us that like Gatekeeper for Gatekeeper are worth less than those who like him for memes.  IMO it should be the other way around.

I am probably the only person who ended up liking AbyssKeeper better then GateKeeper, but I do think GateKeeper would be fun if he makes it.  Anyway my third vote went to Priam, I will go with Balthus next then Volug and my last two votes will be decided on after mid terms.

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Glad to know that those of us that like Gatekeeper for Gatekeeper are worth less than those who like him for memes.  IMO it should be the other way around.

I never suggested that people that likes Gatekeeper genuinely are worth less though? I don't think it's that farfetched to assume that majority of the Gatekeeper voters are voting for the fact that he's a meme/has meme potential.

People are free to vote for any character for any reason for CYL which is why characters like Brigand Boss from Echoes got more votes than characters like Zeke in CYL4. 

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and unless if I'm mistaken, that was also only tracking (aside from Gatekeeper) the top characters from CYL4. Ergo, it is not accounting for any other possible new contenders or other popular characters (like Soren or F!Corrin) who weren't near the absolute top in CYL4.

I'm pretty sure the poster of the chart on Reddit said that there's a huge rally behind Yuri within Japanese fans but the creator of the chart didn't include him. It will be interesting to see how he place during midterms as its his first year in CYL. 

6 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I never suggested that people that likes Gatekeeper genuinely are worth less though? I don't think it's that farfetched to assume that majority of the Gatekeeper voters are voting for the fact that he's a meme/has meme potential.

People are free to vote for any character for any reason for CYL which is why characters like Brigand Boss from Echoes got more votes than characters like Zeke in CYL4. 

I'm pretty sure the poster of the chart on Reddit said that there's a huge rally behind Yuri within Japanese fans but the creator of the chart didn't include him. It will be interesting to see how he place during midterms as its his first year in CYL. 

Ooh, Yuri would be a fun pick. Even if he isn't in the Top 2, getting him a lot of votes could let him show up as the GHB or elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But if Yuri got into the top two for this CYL would they give him Snow Mercurius? Or is he a year too late for that?

Snow Mercurius seems like it would go to a church character. Especially Byleth, if one of them gets in.

Maybe he could get something based on "Cindered Shadows", though?

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Snow Mercurius seems like it would go to a church character. Especially Byleth, if one of them gets in.

Maybe he could get something based on "Cindered Shadows", though?

Maybe. I actually didn't get the Cinders Shadows DLC so I have no idea what XD

40 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I would love that so very much. Yuri may well be the most intelligent lord/lord-adjacent character we've ever had. 

18 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I see the FEH tweets graphs. Eirika is doing super well?! Let’s keep it going, everyone, give our girl her much deserved win!

I feel obligated to warn you that only a fraction of voters bother tweeting their results, but this still puts a smile on my face. Yay!!

15 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Seliph, Rhea, Pelleas. I'll wait for the results to cast my next vote, which should be available from tomorrow night until Monday night if I'm not mistaken.

The midterms are coming on the 25th. Judging by when FEH makes announcements that's either Monday night or Tuesday morning depending on your timezone (the former for America, for example).

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh dear the Japanese version apparently leaked. Look at who's on number two. 

Reveal hidden contents

DmQxlRU.png

And for @Ether: Others have pointed this out already, but this is just a fan collating the tweeted results. Still, I'm glad Marth is first but Eirika being overtaken by Byleth by just 5 points hurts more than it should. I know these aren't the final results, but still: keep pushing, Team Eirika!!

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But if Yuri got into the top two for this CYL would they give him Snow Mercurius? Or is he a year too late for that?

Snow Mercurius has Byleth written all over it after last year. While this would be better suited for a 1st place Prf Skill, Yuri could get something based on his Relic, which gave him Canto, +1 Movement and any bearer of his Crest the chance to halve incoming damage (like Felix's shield).

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would love that so very much. Yuri may well be the most intelligent lord/lord-adjacent character we've ever had. 

I'm quite fond of Yuri too and would like to see him do well (and Hapi for that matter), but after last year's results more 3H winners for 2021 would leave a bad taste in my mouth - but I know not everyone feels that way and that's fine.

Edited by DefyingFates

Hey guys, hows it going?

So i have seen people mention "CYL" here and there but until now i didn't know what this was, and just yesterday i went to the page and voted once but i have a few questions now.

1? how many votes can you cast per day?

2? can you vote for a male character and a female character at the same time or are the votes not divided by gender?

3? i voted on my pc and doing so caused me to get ejected from the app on my phone, so i had to link the app to my nintendo account again, is this normal?

2 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Hey guys, hows it going?

So i have seen people mention "CYL" here and there but until now i didn't know what this was, and just yesterday i went to the page and voted once but i have a few questions now.

1? how many votes can you cast per day?

2? can you vote for a male character and a female character at the same time or are the votes not divided by gender?

3? i voted on my pc and doing so caused me to get ejected from the app on my phone, so i had to link the app to my nintendo account again, is this normal?

1. One per day, resets at 7 PM PST.
2. ONE VOTE PER DAY.  Full stop.
3. You need a Nintendo account this time around.  I'd vote on PC anyway, because whoever designed the CYL web page gets on my nerves.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

1. One per day, resets at 7 PM PST.
2. ONE VOTE PER DAY.  Full stop.
3. You need a Nintendo account this time around.  I'd vote on PC anyway, because whoever designed the CYL web page gets on my nerves.

ok ok, thank you!

and oh man is that website awful, i had a hard time just looking for who i wanted to vote.

Do they keep a record of how the votes are going before it's over somewhere?