Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?

Tormod is in top 5 PoR characters not in this game? Let's go. Stefan is right above him too and Pelleas is the most wanted RD character, which is nice since I'd like to get them as well. Would have been nice if Marcia was able to sneak in as well, but 3/4 is not bad at all.

EDIT: Also, Luthier for top of SoV list. He cannot be overlooked forever!

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

@NegativeExponents- Well of course! My favorite character is legitimately good but your favorite character is just a stupid meme/waifubait

And that's why my job is hard!

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Luke got 12 votes.

12. He's the lowest ranking character that's already in the game.

People really hate his ugly mug.

He really needs a better move set/stats/everything.  And attitude.

---

Best Tomas is 60 places above Imposter Tomas~!  I mean, 435 isn't anything to brag about, but I shall take what I can get~!

Some interesting things to note

Ignatz landed himself a respectable 108th place meaning the poor boy didn't get too snubbed.
Tormod is in the top 5 for Tellius! Woo!
Azelle got 153th which is a very good showing! I think he usually got somewhere around place 200. 
Goodness my poor Hanneman is all the way down at 339! Please support professor Hanneman next year.
The likes of Acheron and Yukimura are more popular than poor Siegbert. Oh no. 
I am proud to say I am one of the six(the SIX!!!) people in the world to have voted for Lekain. 498 out of 500 is just....yikes. 

Well, I'm disappointed... Huh? About Gatekeeper? Hell nah! I'm disappointed about Eirika dropping to 2nd place. I'm happy for Marianne though, but I would've like it more if Eirika was 1st and Marianna 2nd. Well anyways, that's that. I'll still probably pick Eirika as my free summon.

About Gatekeeper? Yes, I think it's funny and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. Not that I was really pretending. See, I don't mind people voting for Chrom or Marth. I like both those characters. However, I don't like people who start voting for someone just so a character won't get into the first 2. This should've been a "vote your favourite" type of event, not a "vote against someone". And no, I didn't give a single vote to any of these three, but if I had to choose between them, I probably would've voted Marth.

I'm curious what this year holds in terms of game announcements. I think a remake would shake things up a bit next year, which would probably make Byleth lose her guaranteed win position. Brave Quan plz or brave anyone from his family, please their life is so sad

I'm happy for Marianne. She deserves it and it will be good for her confidence. Hope Bernie can also pull the upset next year.

Good on you Marth fans. Shame you lost to the power of memeship. I suppose it's only fitting that the one who has been surprise upset every year would be upset even when he wins.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

So, I'm worried about the salt, but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised by these results! I like Gatekeeper and Marianne. I do feel a little sorry for Marth and Eirika fans, though. But at least they finally won, right? And that really was the goal: to win at all. So, mission accomplished! ^_^ The huge voting numbers make sense, too. Everyone started really pushing hard for the ones they wanted to win on the guys' side when the midterm results were announced, and Gatekeeper got a lot of support from both that and voting before the midterm results. I hope people don't go too crazy...they will, but I still hope people act responsibly and don't let bitterness shorten their lifespans...

Anyway, it's also interesting to see that twitter post that most people actively playing FEH tended to support Gatekeeper, and Marianne was popular among those who played FEH frequently, and Eirika was popular among those who were taking a break from FEH. Goes to show that things may not always be what we think they are.

Also, about that chart from Reddit showing who people voted for, it's really exciting to me to see Luthier, Rinea, and Fernand on there in the SoV section! Azelle and Dew in the FE4 section is nice, too, and Niime even managed to get on the Sword of Seals list! And Boyd, and Dwyer... Basically, a lot of characters I like scored well, and that makes me happy! ^_^

THAT SAID, I can't find my way to the full results list. Anyone mind giving an easy-to-follow link or something for me?

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, I'm worried about the salt, but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised by these results! I like Gatekeeper and Marianne. I do feel a little sorry for Marth and Eirika fans, though. But at least they finally won, right? And that really was the goal: to win at all. So, mission accomplished! ^_^ The huge voting numbers make sense, too. Everyone started really pushing hard for the ones they wanted to win on the guys' side when the midterm results were announced, and Gatekeeper got a lot of support from both that and voting before the midterm results. I hope people don't go too crazy...they will, but I still hope people act responsibly and don't let bitterness shorten their lifespans...

Anyway, it's also interesting to see that twitter post that most people actively playing FEH tended to support Gatekeeper, and Marianne was popular among those who played FEH frequently, and Eirika was popular among those who were taking a break from FEH. Goes to show that things may not always be what we think they are.

Also, about that chart from Reddit showing who people voted for, it's really exciting to me to see Luthier, Rinea, and Fernand on there in the SoV section! Azelle and Dew in the FE4 section is nice, too, and Niime even managed to get on the Sword of Seals list! And Boyd, and Dwyer... Basically, a lot of characters I like scored well, and that makes me happy! ^_^

THAT SAID, I can't find my way to the full results list. Anyone mind giving an easy-to-follow link or something for me?

It's the same link you go to vote. Here https://vote5.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-us

3 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

It's the same link you go to vote. Here https://vote5.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-us

Ah, thanks! ^_^

Edit:

Oh my gosh I LOVE that the Robins got the same placement (7th) in both the men's and the women's divisions. XD

I'm so happy that Fernand ranked so high! (59th.) (Misread Ferdinand as Fernand. Fernand actually got 225th.) He'd be where my votes would go, probably, if we got to vote in both divisions without splitting votes. Ooo Lif ranked high. (62nd place) Nice! It's interesting seeing his Valentine's version, but I'd love to see something more reimagined (like, if he was alive or something) and a brave alt is a great place for that. Dang, I didn't expect to see Berkut so high either. He ranked 68th! I could say a lot more, but I think I'll just look for Elena now. Hmm... Oh. On the way, I saw Shura got exactly 444 votes. Cool! He's in 203rd place. I am also somewhat obligated to note that Griel got 222nd place.

And this year, Elena got...350th place! I don't know if that's higher or lower than previous years, but at least it being so low now means that there's a good chance it will go up next year! ^_^ She got 161 more votes than the ones I gave her, and that's super-encouraging! I hope a lot of people vote for her next year! 😄

Edited by Mercakete

Missing characters in the top 100:

• 1. Gatekeeper
  • 2. Marianne
  • 10. Yuri
  • 13. Dedue
  • 15. Ashe
  • 31. Constance
  • 33. Linhardt
  • 38. Hapi
  • 42. Severa
  • 43. Caspar
  • 55. Leonie
  • 64. Tiki (TMS)
  • 69. Maiko
  • 78. Touma & Cain
  • 81. Yashiro & Navarre
  • 82. Luthier
  • 86. Balthus
  • 88. Nyx
  • 90. Sonia
  • 92. Erk
  • 95. Boyd
  • 98. Volke
  • 99. Pelleas
  • 100. Manuela

24 total. 12 from 3H, 4 from TMS, 3 from Tellius, 2 from Blazing Blade, 1 each from Awakening/Fates/Echoes.

Edited by Othin

Happy for Eirika and Marth. Like with Camilla I just care that they won.

People put too much importance on the PRF skill imho. Marianne was also a happy surprise. And Gatekeeper... lol.

I really hope he isn't an infantry lance. He would be the same as his regular version, like Alm. Because of course we are also getting a regular version, there's no way a character with so many votes remains alt-only like Charlotte. Unless you are an OC and the developers decide that you don't get a base form ever for arbitrary reasons.

Which is what I feel might happen to Gustav and Henriette despite their good placement. Alts-only forever.

Oh, I also really hope that Marianne gets the Blutgang. Not only because that sword is awesome, but also because this way neither Marth nor Eirika can use a sword. Hurray for forced creativity!

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Hope Bernie can also pull the upset 

If the trend of one popular secondary character from 3H winning the women divsion every year keeps true and we don't get a remake this year... honestly she could have a realistic shot.

Her main competition would be Hilda and Dorothea. 

Okay, now let's see how well the characters I voted for did:

- Eirika (2nd place, over 30.000 votes): ehehehe, victory ~ victory ~

- Malice ( 285th place, 262 votes): pretty good. She is first in the New Mystery division and also 3rd overall for Archanea. The only thing that could screw her over is if they made some sort of themed banner around Nyna, regular Hardin and people close to them. Malice would be excluded. But I like her chances.

- Phila (356th place, 161 votes): shout-out to the other 160 who voted for her. Not a bad placement at all considering she is such a minor character. She tied with Edain's daughter.

- Dithorba (464th place, 41 votes): Yeah, don't know what I was expecting. She tied with Safy from Thracia and the only thing I can't think of is that I feel sorry for Safy fans and Thracia in general.

- Dorothy (323rd place, 200 votes):

.................................................... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! 

I feel the urge to scream IRL!!!

11 votes... she is 11 votes away from making the top 5 for wanted Binding Blade units... I even have another Nintendo Account I didn't bother to dig up... if I just tried more... if I convinced more people to vote for her... I feel awful. I know this is still a respectable result, and she tied with a 3H Houses character in Catherine. She is still the 3rd most popular female character from her game... but they usually add the two most popular ones in a year and that's it...

GG Cath and Niime fans I guess. I can't even be mad because I like the cast of FE6 with almost no exceptions, I won't start hating those two or anything, but I wanted Dorothy so much more...

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm whining, I know that so many of you tried harder than me for characters who placed even worse, like Mercakete with Elena.

And that all the Severa fans had to deal with the soul-crashing betrayal of being actually on top for most wanted and getting simply skipped.

It's just the fact that she got so close that puts me in a bad mood. The one major bummer of the results, for my most wanted character. It's already a bummer to think she might not get in for another year, but it'a double bummer to think that she could be the sixth character IS would think to put in next time from Binding Blade, but banners only have 5 slots.

Well, I got the depressing thoughts out of my system, now I just need to find the silver lining. She is the next natural choice for fans of FE6 who like non-standard designs and fans of FE6 who like brunettes (no Ellen, shut up! Go sit in a corner!)  which means after Cath and Niime get in she will see a surge of votes next year! We have CYL6 in the bag gentlemen, I better start preparing for it.

Also I guess we could get her this year as a seasonal. IS is known to be careless and make mistakes. Perhaps they could confuse her for a Tellius character /s

Edited by GrandeRampel

Kinda sad about Eirika getting bumped out of first, though I suppose there is some fittingness that both she and Ephraim won as 2nd placers with ~31k votes. Twins they are indeed. I would probably also be sad about Marth getting bumped, but the sheer ridiculousness of the total number votes Gatekeeper got more than makes up for me being a bit down that the one 'most deserving' the prf skill got bumped out. I just find it very amusing that he got so many votes. Nearly passed Edelgard and if I recall we didn't need a Nintendo account last year, so if it was 'open' voting this year he may have actually exceeded her vote total.

Anyways no salt, just amusement and some worry that Eirika's brave version will be too similar one of her current alts.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:
  Hide contents

I...what?

Memevoting is one thing, but I find it difficult to believe Gatekeeper would have almost 30000 more votes than Marth of all people. Nor can I believe that Marianne jumped over both Byleth and Eirika (and that Byleth stayed so low). If Byleth had overtaken Eirika or Marianne overtook Byleth, that'd be one thing, but this?!

Something's definitely off about all of this. As much as I hate to admit it, the Marianne thing could possibly have come about from severe rallying/ complacency on TTeam Eirika and Byleth's parts, but the numbers are still bizarre. Gatekeeper and Marth's gap though: yeah, that's not right at all.

My reaction exactly. I’m thrilled that Marth will get a brave alt, and I don’t mind seeing Gatekeeper get one either, but I’m steamed that the winning order was reversed. Could Marth have lost first place in a more humiliating way?

I’m disappointed Shura didn’t break the top 200 (just barely below at 203) but he’s still one of the most popular Fates characters not added to Heroes, and second most wanted male after Dwyer (and Anankos, who might count as male...?). Also, I was pleasantly suprised to see Scarlet jump to 146.

In other news that almost no one else cares about, I’m very pleased Rickard broke out of the bottom 500 and now resides at 422! I never thought I’d see the day he’d place higher than Lena in CYL. 😁

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

50 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm whining, I know that so many of you tried harder than me for characters who placed even worse lile Mercakete with Elena.

Aww, thanks for the recognition! And you know what? I applaud your effort to keep positive! We'll get our favorites in the game someday! Just how and when are unknown.

As someone who gave all 7 of his votes to Adult Tiki, I am very glad she got 15th place in the women’s division.

I am also satisfied with the results. Mostly surprised Marianne managed to go from 3rd place to 1st place and beat out Eirika.

I will likely do the same thing next year.

29 minutes ago, Usana said:

Kinda sad about Eirika getting bumped out of first, though I suppose there is some fittingness that both she and Ephraim won as 2nd placers with ~31k votes. Twins they are indeed. I would probably also be sad about Marth getting bumped, but the sheer ridiculousness of the total number votes Gatekeeper got more than makes up for me being a bit down that the one 'most deserving' the prf skill got bumped out. I just find it very amusing that he got so many votes. Nearly passed Edelgard and if I recall we didn't need a Nintendo account last year, so if it was 'open' voting this year he may have actually exceeded her vote total.

Anyways no salt, just amusement and some worry that Eirika's brave version will be too similar one of her current alts.

That's pretty much how I feel. I can't imagine myself ever voting for a nameless NPC, but I admit it will be interesting to see what they do with Gatekeeper and I can understand people not wanting to vote for characters who have 4-5 alts. Here's the characters I voted for organized by their positions:

Chrom: 3rd (35810 votes), Luthier: 82nd (1233 votes), Edward: 139th (670 votes), Nolan: 314th (211 votes), Leonardo: 344th (176 votes), Jarod: 392nd (118 votes), Tauroneo: 406th (104 votes)

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Aww, thanks for the recognition! And you know what? I applaud your effort to keep positive! We'll get our favorites in the game someday! Just how and when are unknown.

That's it really. This game has got so much life left in it after all so there's plenty of time

3 minutes ago, Jolumas said:

That's it really. This game has got so much life left in it after all so there's plenty of time

This. I really want to believe this game has years of smooth sailing ahead. That would certainly ease any worries I have about my poor unpopular faves.

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

"It's not a matter of IF, just WHEN!"

I could use this as a slogan for my Dorothy campaign next year 😛

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Here's a chart I found on reddit that shows the top 5 missing characters in Heroes from each game based on CYL5 results. Note it still shows characters like Gatekeeper, Marianne, Gustav and Henriette even though we know a version of them is going to be playable in the future and characters in smaller boxes already have a playable version in Heroes but not their base version.

Reveal hidden contents

HlW9F1PNVYqUENVx0_QZXcKXktj1M1O4qOxdPl-y7Jk.jpg?auto=webp&s=2e576faf95c3092aaa99e13890c8e18081652f4a

Archanea, Valentia, Genealogy (both gens), and Awakening look about how I expected. I'm surprised to see Sonia shoot up so high and disappointed Isadora is nowhere to be seen (Sonia main focus on a New Hero banner? Sigh), I'm happy to see Gilliam so high for Sacred Stones, and of course I wish Brom was in the Tellius ranks somewhere. Hopefully Gregor is added in the next Awakening banner.

Next year, gotta get Brom into that Tellius Top 5 (assuming he isn't added to the game this year).

You know, I'm impressed with how well people seem to be taking the results. I expected things to be a lot worse.

Anyway, I figured I may as well write a sequel to that script I wrote before. So, here we go! ^_^ I'll add it to that thread I started in Written Works later.

Marth: Whew! It's finally over.

Gatekeeper: Indeed, your highness? Then that letter contained the results of the summoners' conference?

Marth: Yes, it did. I must say, I never expected this year's conference to be so eventful. There was so much activity...

Gatekeeper: If I may say so, you sound tired, Prince Marth.

Marth: No more tired than you must be! On several occasions, you were absolutely swarmed! Just how you held your position and turned away those masses was truly a sight to behold!

Gatekeeper: Heh... Truly, milord, you praise me more than I deserve. I was only performing my duty. When I'm standing guard, I put all my effort into making sure that no one gets past me who isn't supposed to.

Marth: To you, it may only be performing your duty, but there are few who can turn away the masses with as much care and success as you. Leastwise, that I have seen. I am not the only one who has noticed, either.

Gatekeeper: Oh? What do you mean by that, Highness?

Marth: Here. Look at this.

Gatekeeper: The conference results?

Marth: Yes. What do you see?

Gatekeeper: Well, it says that you won, your highness.

Marth: And whose name do you see next to mine?

Gatekeeper: ... Wait- What?! That... That's me! You mean to say that the summoners...paid attention to me?

Marth: Hahah! It would seem so!

Gatekeeper: Goodness! I had only thought that I was being depicted as your guard... I hadn't thought that I would be recognized at all, let alone rank... First?!

Marth: Do you see, Gatekeeper? It is as I said. The summoners have recognized your talents as well, and appreciate all that you do. Not only do you keep foes and troublemakers at bay, and defend the peace and order of those you guard...but you're always ready with a smile, and are easy to talk to. I am certain that for these qualities, you have been recognized.

Gatekeeper: I...truly am honored, your highness, but... I fear that it is only because I was guarding your highness that I received any attention at all. I hope that my being so in the public eye did not distract the summoners from your highness's much more deserved standing.

Marth: Please do not fret. I, myself, have experienced the delight of your company and protection as you have guarded me. There is no cheat nor trick to this. I assure you, by your own merits have you gained the recognition you now receive.

Gatekeeper: I...suppose...but please understand, Prince Marth; this is all quite a lot for me to take in.

Marth: I understand perfectly well, Gatekeeper. I, myself, am humbled by this honor. Whether of noble or common birth, each is recognized for value that the summoners see in them. That is the nature of this ruling.

Gatekeeper: Yes... You are right, of course, your highness. Thank you for your kindness in helping me to see it.

Marth: Of course. Now, shall we tell the others? I do believe that we have something to report.

Gatekeeper: Yes, sir!

Eh. I hope that one turned out okay.

Edit: Thought you'd want to see this, @eclipse.

Edited by Mercakete

The result was as expected. Stopped caring for CYL after CYL3 and after Bruno didnt make it in as a farfetched hero. People voted results are here, lets get on with it.
Just curious what they do with Gatekeeper

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Two out of the eight are good. Three are replaceable.

That's still five of eight skills that are good and considering how strong the last two were (even if you feel one could be swapped for Spurn) I still think it's a shame that Gatekeeper of all people gets a Prf and Marth and Eirika don't. And I say this as someone who's happy for Gatekeeper! I mean, I'm personally upset he got first, but apart from that I really am looking forward to seeing what IS does with him. Hopefully nothing lazy again.

There's also Arena scoring to think of, especially since we don't have Tier 4 B Skills yet. And speaking of the Rule skills: given how powercreep has been a thing, giving all four of them Prfs would be another way to ensure all four Heroes stay competitive instead of just having 2 or 3 that do well and the last 1 or 2 Heroes fading into the background as with previous years.

(At the very least, L!Marth and Eirika are both set for LH Remixes, right? In the worst case scenario it'd be nice if their Brave alts got Binding Shield II and Lunar Brace II at the very least, though I'd hate it if IS did something as lazy as that.)

13 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Looking at the results I don't think the Marth fans could have done anything since it would be kind of hard to make up the 25,000 vote difference.

Fair, but that still leaves Team Eirika as being complacent. I find it bizarre that Byleth is so far behind the other two too despite being in second place during the midterms. Basically it means Marianne somehow got the same votes as her from the midterms onward plus ~9000.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Kinda sad about Eirika getting bumped out of first

Even if Prf skills weren't part of the equation, this is another factor too. Heck, if Eirika was second in the midterms as well it wouldn't have bugged me as much (I'd still think "four Prf skills" is long overdue though), but seeing her in first after years of being in 5th place, then getting beaten by such a tiny margin...it really hurts. Same for Marth, but of course for him it's worse because of how vast the gap between him and GK is.

On the positive side, I'm glad Nino is still in the Top 20. It makes me feel more comfortable about voting for her next year!