Jump to content
DefyingFates

Choose Your Legends Round 5 Official Discussion Thread!

Who are you voting for this CYL?  

138 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you voting for this CYL?



Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Othin said:

What art would they use? IIRC, they seem to want to restrict it to art from the characters' own games, and she doesn't really have that.

Yeah, she only has that cutscene still with Dheginsea and Soan and no character portrait so I guess that’s their excuse (as dumb it may be in my opinion).

That excuse, however, does not exist for Bramimond who does have a character portrait in FE7 but still hasn’t been in CYL up to this point either. So if Bram is still missing in this one now that they are in FEH, then IS is just lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aegir said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

38529195_2021-01-21(3).thumb.png.5047eed82ada6b0d1d532c3404c2b165.png1092501500_2021-01-21(4).thumb.png.2fa7b4adb051ceaf3252ac44a2596210.png

Uhm... this is tough. On one hand it's incredible art, confirming once again that Ippei is talented and should really be given the opportunity to draw the OCs of book VI or something.

On the other hand he forgot that Dorothy has freckles, which is like forgetting about Naesala's unique nose (coffcoffthrowingshadecoff). 

This is just a doodle tho, he would probably draw a more detailed piece for the game. So I'm not against him drawing Dorothy, but honestly anyone can draw her as long as she gets in the game.

Except for the artists who can't help but make everything moe and cutesy.

Please for the love of Sothis keep the moeblob as far away from Dorothy as possible. It would look more out of place on her than Lachesis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, she only has that cutscene still with Dheginsea and Soan and no character portrait so I guess that’s their excuse (as dumb it may be in my opinion).

That excuse, however, does not exist for Bramimond who does have a character portrait in FE7 but still hasn’t been in CYL up to this point either. So if Bram is still missing in this one now that they are in FEH, then IS is just lazy.

Huh, yeah, that's odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

It's started!

Huh, looks like the link is redirecting to the JP version? And there's no notification yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems as though they requiring you to sign in in order to vote this year. Interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh, looks like the link is redirecting to the JP version? And there's no notification yet.

It's only started for Japan I assume. Everything still works (and connects to your own Nintendo account though).

Nintendo's also figured out an anti-botting feature by requiring you to log in before voting, which is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like aside from forcing you to sign into a Nintendo account, there's also a more strict captcha filter (I had to repeat it several times). Hopefully it deters cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just voted for Eirika. 

Some changes this time:
Ashen Wolves characters (as well as some NPCs like the Gatekeeper) can now be voted on.
Henriette and Gustav can now be voted on.
Named units who debut in book 4 since CYL4 can now be voted on.
Named units who debut in book 5 thus far (excluding Eitri since she's brand new) can now be voted on.

Nothing has changed for the 4 Cipher OCs who appeared in Echoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhea still being counted as two separate characters, smh. Assuming her Academy version is the way to vote given that's the one that ranked higher last time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Rhea still being counted as two separate characters, smh. Assuming her Academy version is the way to vote given that's the one that ranked higher last time?

Her Academy version is the one that was in the duo hero, so who knows if that'll change things.

Now I have to make my decision about how to use my votes, huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It seems as though they requiring you to sign in in order to vote this year. Interesting

I thought that was always the case. Oh, by the way...

Fire Emblem Heroes - Choose Your Legends: Round 5 - Stahl

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Some changes this time:
Ashen Wolves characters (as well as some NPCs like the Gatekeeper) can now be voted on.
Henriette and Gustav can now be voted on.
Named units who debut in book 4 since CYL4 can now be voted on.
Named units who debut in book 5 thus far (excluding Eitri since she's brand new) can now be voted on.

Other additions include:

For Genealogy: Emperor Arvis, Dithorba, Kid Oifey
For Thracia 776: August, Dryas (Dorias)
For Blazing Blade: Bramimond, Brendan, best dad Desmond, Durban, Elbert, Eleanora, Fargus, Hellene, Lundgren, Murdock, Natalie, Roland, Uther
For Sacred Stones: Morva, Vigarde
For Path of Radiance: Bryce, Gromell, Kasatai, Shiharam
For Radiant Dawn: Alder, Altina (using her Heroes's art), maybe Largo, Lehran, Lekain, Levail, Ludveck, Numida
For Fates: Daichi, Daniela, Funke, Gazak, Haitaka, Kumagera, Llewelyn, Lloyd, Senno, Tarba, Zhara

I might've missed some but those were the ones I found. Also, submitted vote #1 for Severa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some new additions include Altina, Lekain, Levail, etc. from Radiant Dawn

Abysskeeper is also up alongside Gatekeeper.

Durban and Roland on FE7 is there too. Also Murdock in FE7 but unsure if he was there last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tybrosion said:

Other additions include:

For Genealogy: Emperor Arvis, Dithorba, Kid Oifey
For Thracia 776: August, Dryas (Dorias)
For Blazing Blade: Bramimond, Brendan, best dad Desmond, Durban, Elbert, Eleanora, Fargus, Hellene, Lundgren, Murdock, Natalie, Roland, Uther
For Sacred Stones: Morva, Vigarde
For Path of Radiance: Bryce, Gromell, Kasatai, Shiharam
For Radiant Dawn: Alder, Altina (using her Heroes's art), maybe Largo, Lehran, Lekain, Levail, Ludveck, Numida
For Fates: Daichi, Daniela, Funke, Gazak, Haitaka, Kumagera, Llewelyn, Lloyd, Senno, Tarba, Zhara

I might've missed some but those were the ones I found. Also, submitted vote #1 for Severa.

Ooh, lot of good additions. Vigarde, Lekain, and Levail being absent had been bugging me, and I didn't realize some of those were absent.

Had to look up Díthorba to remember who she was, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Other additions include:

For Genealogy: Emperor Arvis, Dithorba, Kid Oifey
For Thracia 776: August, Dryas (Dorias)
For Blazing Blade: Bramimond, Brendan, best dad Desmond, Durban, Elbert, Eleanora, Fargus, Hellene, Lundgren, Murdock, Natalie, Roland, Uther
For Sacred Stones: Morva, Vigarde
For Path of Radiance: Bryce, Gromell, Kasatai, Shiharam
For Radiant Dawn: Alder, Altina (using her Heroes's art), maybe Largo, Lehran, Lekain, Levail, Ludveck, Numida
For Fates: Daichi, Daniela, Funke, Gazak, Haitaka, Kumagera, Llewelyn, Lloyd, Senno, Tarba, Zhara

I might've missed some but those were the ones I found. Also, submitted vote #1 for Severa.

Aha! I thought Senno was a new addition (he was one of the more distinctive minor bosses in Fates, though as a whole I have to say I really like the minor boss designs in Fates.)

I saw him as I scrolled down to vote for Shura.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well shit, Flame Emperor just chilling on the list there huh. Might have to toss some votes their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For Blazing Blade: Bramimond, Brendan, best dad Desmond, Durban, Elbert, Eleanora, Fargus, Hellene, Lundgren, Murdock, Natalie, Roland, Uther

Oh snap. If Lundgren gets a GHB, we could expect a Mani Katti Lyn alt at last!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two steps forward, one step back.

Good: no more vote botting, because of Nintendo Account requirement. Also, many additional characters are voteable.

Bad:

Spoiler

Edelgard gets another shot at a Brave version for some reason... why? Lucina has a canon alt too; why doesn't she get another go?

Still don't care who wins; still voting for characters who aren't in the game yet.

Edited by Seafarer
Added spoiler tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...