Favorite Movement Skill?

gayofthelake

My favorite is also Reposition. Thankfully, I have a lot of Reposition fodder right now. I used to run low on Reposition too, but they released quite a bit of units into the 3*/4* pool with Reposition over the last year or two, so Reposition has not been an issue for me lately.

What I am missing though is Desperation. I have like only three Shannas left. I could spend 20,000 on Mae if I have to in the worst case scenario, but I try not to.

Reposition is pretty much one of the best movement skills in the game, and you can't go wrong with it. It has exceptional use under player control, and the AI will spam it like there's no tomorrow under the right conditions, essentially forcing you to make a move. 

There's also Rescue+ and Return+, which can be inherited from Flayn and Sara respectively. Rescue+ functions as Draw Back, and Return+ functions as Reposition. I haven't personally used them as I don't have Flayn or Sara, but Rescue+ and Return+ are healing movement skills, which has insane utility. 

Other than Reposition, Pivot and Swap are really good to put on armored units. Pivot especially is kinda cool because it's almost like the reverse of Reposition. Where Reposition moves an ally, Pivot has the ally move themselves. 

In terms of Movement-based Assist skills, Reposition is the best one in the game by far. The ability to move a unit out of danger like that is too good to not be anyone's favorite.

In terms of Movement-based skills in general (specifically skills based on warping), I'm tied between several: Flower Hautclere, Ground Orders, and Wings of Mercy.

The first has a lot of other skills attached, but the main one here is the ability to easily let Brave!Edelgard (the exclusive user of this weapon) warp to an ally within Drive distance. That opens up a lot of potential with positioning, especially when you take Reposition or Swap into consideration.
The second allows for a Flier to give that warp-ability to non-Fliers. My favorite user of this is Halloween!Nowi who I also inherited Escape Route to, because of Grimoire. Combining the three skills, she's allowed to warp both herself and her non-Flier allies with relative ease, and this allowed me to get up to Tier 19 in Aether Raids before I thought of using other strategies.
The third is great because of dancers. You put this on multiple dancers and have one of your units attack in such a way that they take heavy (but not fatal) damage, those dancers will be able to warp to that unit from anywhere. Even better if you put it on a Flier dancer like Peony or Plumeria, as they won't be stopped by sea or mountain tiles.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

No love for Smite?  : o    

I've recently fallen back in love with repo, but Smite got me to T21 by all kinds of crazy deliberate trap-activating shenanigans with Valter since he appreciated the damage from Bolt Trap especially (and I love that the person who gets smite'd can still move).

Probably have about half/half of my AR-O units with those two. 

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

No love for Smite?  : o    

I've recently fallen back in love with repo, but Smite got me to T21 by all kinds of crazy deliberate trap-activating shenanigans with Valter since he appreciated the damage from Bolt Trap especially (and I love that the person who gets smite'd can still move).

Probably have about half/half of my AR-O units with those two. 

Smite is good, no doubt, but it does not feel as universal as Reposition. Smite feels mostly limited to Aether Raids and in maps where you need to reach somewhere quickly. Reposition feels useful just about anywhere.

As everyone is saying, Reposition is the obvious go-to for most units, but I do find myself using others at times.

Draw Back can be good for keeping units in the same position relative to the enemy and is also helpful when you want to move both units.

Shove can be nice for units with solo skills.

Smite is good to have on hand for launching units past traps in AR.

I used to use Swap on armored units a lot, but with the prevalence or Armor March and other movement-boosting options I find myself not using it much anymore. Still can be a nice filler for units you don't plan to fully invest in but want the option available on.

Pivot I basically never use. This is likely because it's the only one that only moves the user, and as a result after using it the unit who actually moved doesn't get to do anything else with that turn.

Draw Back on most units, with Pivot on armors (since I use them defensively, so I don't care if they end their turn right then and there).  Reposition requires more workable tiles, and I usually don't want to move people THAT much - but it's my second-most used movement skill, so nyeh.  Swap/Shove/Smite have some situational uses.

Reposition is the one I use the most. I even use it more than sing/dance/play! However, I do also like refresher assist skills, but I'm not sure if they count. Even so, I use reposition more. Shove can be nice, too. Smite's nice for getting by mountains and rivers, but I don't actually use it.

Swap is actually extremely useful in Aether Raids for some units with warping skills, especially if those units use Bond or Unity skills as well.

My Brave!Edelgard has Swap and the Atk/Res Bond 3 seal, and she's been able to teleport to her allies and put herself right where she wants (even if an ally is already there, since she's...well, swapping in with them).

I use Reposition the most. As for the other skills, I use Flier Formation the most when it comes to my flier teams. Flier Guidance is hard to get, though it is a seal now, and Air Orders recently became a seal as well. The reason why I love fliers so much is because of their unparalleled movement tricks.