If you could have any number of third-party fighters in Smash...

Lord_Brand

I hear ya! In the past, I'd suggested a villain-themed Fighter's Pass that would add major video game bad guys like Eggman, Wily, and Cortex to the roster. I definitely want more villains in Smash so the heroes have someone to fight besides each other.

While I know he isn't as popular as Sephiroth, I think Garland would be another excellent Final Fantasy villain to add to Smash. I mean, who else is going to knock us all down? Heck, I could even see him boasting such in his trailer!

"SUPER SMASH BROS.? You impertinent fools. I, Garland, will knock you all down!!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:33 PM, Lord_Brand said:

Aqua would be cool. Maybe Terra and Ven as well? Last I checked, they don't have any Disney imagery associated with them, so they should be OK.

I still say Sora would be okay without the Disney imagery; he's got plently of moves that could provide a Disney-less moveset, and KH has plenty of other original content that could supply a Disney-less Challenger Pack.

Sora does have the easiest alt options, to be sure. His costumes could consist of his KH II and III outfits, each with three form variants. For extra pizazz, the form variants could get different Keychains.

• KH II (Kingdom)
  • KH III (Kingdom)
  • Valor Form (Sleeping Lion)
  • Light Form (Oathkeeper)
  • Wisdom Form (Star Seeker)
  • Dark Form (Oblivion)
  • Master Form (KHII Ultima Weapon)
  • Ultimate Form (KHIII Ultima Weapon)
Edited by Lord_Brand

21 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Why not Final Form, if your going off "Ultimate"?

Mostly, for the sake of color variety. Ultimate Form is very similar to Final Form, and Sora in my list has Light Form on top of that, giving him two white outfits already (though Light Form has more gray). Normally, I would use Guardian, Strike, Element, and Blitz Forms for more color variety, but three of them require Keyblades with very distinct Disney designs, which might not be allowed within Nintendo's rules. So, I opted for a spread that provided some color variety while avoiding the use of Disney imagery. One alternative is including Roxas with the Two Become One keychain as one of Sora's alts to serve as his "green" costume. You could also include a second Roxas alt depicting him wearing an Organization XIII coat and using Omega Weapon. Of course, they could always just use the Forms as color alts while using the standard Kingdom Keychain, with the aforementioned change to a crown instead of the Mickey symbol.

Kinda sad that we have to tiptoe around the Disney elements though, considering they're a big part of Kingdom Hearts' appeal in the first place. Disney themselves might not be pleased with that idea, either, since they're co-owners of the franchise; keeping their content out of the deal would be a slap to their face. I'd like to think there could be some kind of loophole Nintendo could provide that would allow Kingdom Hearts-specific Disney elements in Smash, but that could turn into a slippery slope.

But hey, this is the "If you could have any number of third party fighters" topic, so let's assume within this topic that Nintendo, Square, and Disney can get everything figured out and KH fighters can happen. I'd be fine with Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ven, Terra, and Aqua all getting in, plus maybe Axel/Lea, Xemnas/Xehanort, and/or Vanitas. That ought to round out the major cast fairly well.

Edited by Lord_Brand