Mythic Hero: Seiros (Saint of Legends)

NSSKG151

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should go noted that there was no high Res blue dragon prior to Seiros. The highest Res on a blue dragon was just 30 (Lilith) while the other three colors (R/G/C) had 39/41/37.

9 minutes ago, redlight said:

If you're in need of a Anima defense Mythic just wait until Mirabilis banner revival.

You mean like the Peony revival that we definitely got?

If that revival happens, it's not going be in March because Mirabilis is in prime position to get spurned by New Mystery I'm afraid.

34 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, Mila (37 -> 41), Spooky F!Grima (38 -> 42), Spring Idunn & Fae (38 -> 42), (Dheginsea (39 -> 43) and Nagi (41 -> 45) are all laughing in their Res super assets. 

Except they all have shit for Spd, so they'd either be stuck with the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal or be relegated to defense.

Winter Sothis, on the other hand, has a 41 neutral base Spd stat, which hits 49 with her weapon's effect, and a 35 neutral base Res stat, which hits 40 with her weapon's effect.

Assuming it's usable on dragons with no movement type restriction, I can really only see it being viable on Winter Sothis unless you're stacking tons of buff support.

Oh, nice! It was strange that we didn't have her in the game yet. Another final boss is added to the game, which is always nice to see. I'm fine with her Mythic version being her dragon form.

She can always use her sword in her Rhea version (or she could use her fists, truly the mightiest weapons). Speaking of which, Rhea escapes seasonal only hell and also back-up unit only hell.

Poor Elice is all alone there now. Can IS grow a heart and put her in the next Archanea banner please?

Anyway pulling blue since I'm also missing Dimitri and I want to walk away with at least one of the two.

...eh. I appreciate they're willing to make Seiros' weapon work as either an offensive force OR a defensive force, but it does kinda feel like she loses a little by having a kit that tries to make the distinction as well. Plus I do not like using dragons as offensive units, so the effect is largely wasted on me.

...that is, if I had a reason to actually pull from this banner. As is though, every color but red has at least one unit I've already +10ed, and I hatehatehatehateHATE summoning from a color that has a unit I've +10ed already. And reds units I just flatout don't care about. AND I'd still rather focus on trying to get more Raphs from the Plegian banner. So... for me at least, a weak banner.

Noteworthy is that Blue has both Sturdy and Mirror Impacts as fodder skills, plus Dimitri's Odd Tempest, so that might make it a good color to summon off of.

Hey, it's a C skill that's bad for me because my Mythic luck is awful~!

Every color except for colorless has one unit I have and two that I don't.  I have all the colorless units.  Which would normally be a bad thing, but Eir's great fodder, I want a +10 Legendary Alm because I'm insane, and my Flayn welcomes merges.  Of the other colors, the dupes can either be fodder/merged.  HOWEVER, I want nothing to do with Seiros for now, so. . .

Red = Green = Colorless > Blue

Hmmm. Maybe Rhea will get a Sword?

Anyway, she looks pretty! Anyone who even kinda cares about AR if only for the bare minimum prizes will want her.

I think I’ll pull on blue until I get something. My Dimitri is -Spd so he needs a merge and I don’t have Julia. I’m missing Catherine and Thrasir beyond that, but I won’t try too hard.

Dang it. I really need to pull on this banner since Mirabilis is my only Anima Mythic... but I'm still trying uselessly to get even just one copy of Plegian Dorothea after never being able to pull her summer version either.

She looks real nice, but I'm doing free pull and that's it since I used all my orbs going for Dorothea+Lene. Rest of the banner... I think I have everyone?

Good luck to those who want her.

Surprised Serios was included before the Rhea Alt. I was honestly expecting Rhea to be The Immaculate One and Serios to be based off her CF appearence. And then we would later on get Fallen Rhea based off Silver Snow. I’m sorted of tempted to pull Blue because I need another L!Dimitri to fix my Bad IV one. 

After being disappointed at 4.25 and nothing in the plegian banner she comes in to finish me off. However, I am veeeery happy she got in the game and is playable on her own now. Definitely will use some anniversary stuff to go for her, she is with Julia and Dimitri and I like both of them. The rest colours are fine, Red I am unsure of as Roy is really not that good and useful for anything. 

As for Seiros as a unit. Being the second dragon in Naga's season is kinda bad. Her weapon is really good Atk and follow up in PP and Def/Res and follow up prevention in EP. She also has Res based Dmg reduction making her really tanky. Mirror impact helps her survive PP better and her personal is a really minor boost to mythic allies. Most times by turn 3 some action has already taken place most times so I don't know how practical it is. Also pretty much only Thrasir can appreciate it so she is a bit weird for ARD, but we are forced to use her in her bonus season anyway. AR aside she is a character I truly love and she could be used alongside Freyja (I ever get her) and the chicken.

Will try to get her as missing another another favourite after not getting the Goat lady would really annoy me. 

I personally don't know if i had a heavily invested Dragon (armour) if i would give up a fighter skill for dragon wall. 
most infantry dragons (outside of Fae) have more defense than res.
Fae + Lilith have more base res than defense so if you commit to that you're kay i suppose.

but then honestly. I'd rather just Dragon's Ire at that point. 

(but then again for me. i am determined not to run DR on everyone and their mother so that's just me)

Dragon's Wall feels like Pegasus/Wyvern Flight. The number of units with the stats/PRFs to use them properly can be counted on one hand, and out of those the non-pioneers have to do some major finagling to make it work.

Though that's not to say it's impossible. I didn't think Altena with +Spd, Life and Death 4 and Wyvern Flight would work, but a friend who liked the idea proved me wrong by using it to crater a hyper-invested Fae and L!Chrom. I'm sure Dragon Wall can be put to the same purpose if you try.

20c73cbb7a.png

Like this for example. Anti Follow-Up, 63 Atk, 47 Def, and functional 50 Spd and 52 Res by her own merits. More than enough to make Dragon Wall do some real work.

Edited by Some Jerk

Hopefully we know what's in store for the anniversary 8% banner before this banner expires. I wouldn't mind sniping blue as I don't have Dimitri either, and I don't even know which Dimitri that is - not that it matters because I've stopped caring about actual utility for a while. But 2/12 units isn't great odds - I have all 10 other units and no longer care about merges - and I might have a better swansong elsewhere.

I think I'm probably ruling out sparking on the Fallen banner though, full ticket rounds gave me a Fallen Corrin and I have Ike, so the pickings from that are looking not all that great either.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It should go noted that there was no high Res blue dragon prior to Seiros. The highest Res on a blue dragon was just 30 (Lilith) while the other three colors (R/G/C) had 39/41/37.

You mean like the Peony revival that we definitely got?

If that revival happens, it's not going be in March because Mirabilis is in prime position to get spurned by New Mystery I'm afraid.

It probably won't happen at all. The May revival is pretty much guaranteed to be CYL4, and July will probably be the 3H Church banner.

ok, didn't expect this at all, but i'm so happy she's finally been announced, although in a mythic banner, and i hate them
she's blue and that's amazing for me, as all of my summonable merge projects are blue; yeah, it's strange they made Seiros a breath unit, but honestly who cares
i also don't give a damn about Aether Raids, i just want her, and possibly save enough orbs to +10 her in the future
sad thing is, as always, i'm almost broke right now

don't really care about what they're gonna do for the anniversary, i just want more orbs to summon her

also, i hope all Seiros voters will give Rhea the rest of their votes, but in the end it doesn't really matter, Rhea will most likely be added this year as well
after all, we got 4 Edelgard versions in a year, 2 Rheas shouldn't be a problem

So...there is a lot of talk about Anniversary banner. Is this different than CYL? I have been off and on for so long that a lot of the vernacular goes over my head. Also, since I only have Eir, I am thinking about burning some orbs. I know this is more for the questions thread, but since it is related, would you all wait or pull from this banner only having 1 of 12. (Particularly Dimitri, Thrasir and Lif and Alm seem tempting, but I also have a thing for TH so Catherine and Flayn would be nice.)

7 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Though that's not to say it's impossible. I didn't think Altena with +Spd, Life and Death 4 and Wyvern Flight would work, but a friend who liked the idea proved me wrong by using it to crater a hyper-invested Fae and L!Chrom. I'm sure Dragon Wall can be put to the same purpose if you try.

Workable is not the same thing as being optimal, and there are plenty of more optimal builds that can smash Fae and CE!Chrom and then some. Anyone can make a Defiant Atk work on a Blade mage for example. At the bare minimum, I would at least get rid of Life and Death and use Atk/Spd Solo instead, as Life and Death reduces the chances of Wyvern Flight's second effect from triggering. Against CE!Chrom, Life and Death is so bad that it renders Wyvern Flight to being almost a dead skill since he has comparable Def to Altena, so you might as well just run Dive Bomb at that point, since all Wyvern Flight does is inflict Atk/Def-1 on him while also losing over half your health in the process eating his counter attack.

Altena still smashing CE!Chrom with a poorly synergized skill set is a testament to her stat distribution, not how well Life and Death-Wyvern Flight works, because that combo certainly does not work well at all against certain units.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

So...there is a lot of talk about Anniversary banner. Is this different than CYL? I have been off and on for so long that a lot of the vernacular goes over my head. Also, since I only have Eir, I am thinking about burning some orbs. I know this is more for the questions thread, but since it is related, would you all wait or pull from this banner only having 1 of 12. (Particularly Dimitri, Thrasir and Lif and Alm seem tempting, but I also have a thing for TH so Catherine and Flayn would be nice.)

It depends on what you need. The anniversary banner should have last year's CYL winners at 5% rate. You will have a higher chance of getting the CYL characters than a specific character on the Mythic banner.

This Dragon Wall thing is probably going to be a Pegasus Flight situation where it is super niche, but people are going to Res stack units to be able to use it. Then a defense based skill that is more widely usable will come out, albeit much later.

Edited by LoneStar

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except they all have shit for Spd, so they'd either be stuck with the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal or be relegated to defense.

Winter Sothis, on the other hand, has a 41 neutral base Spd stat, which hits 49 with her weapon's effect, and a 35 neutral base Res stat, which hits 40 with her weapon's effect.

Assuming it's usable on dragons with no movement type restriction, I can really only see it being viable on Winter Sothis unless you're stacking tons of buff support.

Dunno, I can see this work on Legendary F!Grima with her Dragon Skin and Spd/Res Rein. Now limited, but if she gets a good weapon refine it could work for her even better.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Dunno, I can see this work on Legendary F!Grima with her Dragon Skin and Spd/Res Rein. Now limited, but if she gets a good weapon refine it could work for her even better.

She can get either 42 Spd and 33 Res or 39 Spd and 37 Res with that setup, which still isn't terribly impressive without stacking buffs. 39 Spd is certainly still at the mercy of needing Quick Riposte for reliability, and 33 Res is still rather shaky without stacking buffs, considering the majority of the game's most threatening nukes have at least 30 base Res.

Even against nukes with low Res, Grima isn't reliable without buffs:

+10 Legendary Grima [+Res] (Expiration, Dragonskin, Dragon Wall 3, Spd/Res Rein 3), takes 26+15 damage from +10 Ophelia [+Atk] (Missiletainn, Life and Death 4), which leaves Grima alive with a margin of only 3 HP. Either Quick Riposte or Darting Stance 3 (or 6 Spd more in buffs compared to Ophelia) is required to kill Ophelia on the counterattack.

The same Grima takes 20+30 damage from +10 Legendary Alm [+Spd] (Luna Arc, Lunar Flash, Swift Sparrow 3, Null Follow-Up 3), which overkills Grima by 6 HP, and deals only 30 damage back to Alm, requiring 16 Spd more in buffs compared to Alm to get a follow-up for the kill if she has the buffs to survive.

Add to this the fact that Grima is a Legendary Hero, meaning she's only usable half of the time in Aether Raids and cannot receive Legendary bonus stats in any other game mode.

And I'm not holding my breath on a weapon refine.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Okay, this is hype! And the good thing is, I literally can't lose by going blue. I don't yet have Dimitri (who is one of my most favourite characters), my Julia could always use some merges, and I do like the character design of Serios. And, in general, I just like her. She is also not armoured, so that's a huge plus in my book. Might just go ahead and actively pull on blue. It'll be the first time in a while since I did that with a mythic or legendary banner.