What do you think of my theories?

James Marshall

I've been thinking about the way that some(most?) Laguz Tribes choose their rulers and 2 things come to mind. What do you think? and I'm aware that theirs no official answer to these, I just want other peoples opinions

The 1st that that nothing and no-one in The Tellius Games says that females can't be Laguz Sovereigns, so those that mean that all Laguz Countries would accept A Female Ruler? or does that only happen in Hatary?

The other is that all Laguz Tribes other then The Herons choose their rulers based on power, so does that mean that The Herons choose their rulers based on Intelligence or wisdom of charisma or whose the best diplomat or something similiar?

Edited by James Marshall

Laguz Sovereigns pick based on strength and they don't seem prejudiced against women at all so I see nothing that would keep them from accepting a female ruler. Look at how they react to Nailah, there's no derision, they respect her for her strength immediately. Well that plus her saving Rafiel.

Now for the herons there's really no way to know for sure. Their whole society is set up different and with there only being 5 living herons plus the consolidation of the bird tribes under Tibarn... we'll probably never know for sure. My guess? They're true monarchies. Remember that only the royal line have those snow white wings and they're also the ones with the best ability to sing galdrar barring possibly Lehran. 

50 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Laguz Sovereigns pick based on strength and they don't seem prejudiced against women at all so I see nothing that would keep them from accepting a female ruler. Look at how they react to Nailah, there's no derision, they respect her for her strength immediately. Well that plus her saving Rafiel.

Now for the herons there's really no way to know for sure. Their whole society is set up different and with there only being 5 living herons plus the consolidation of the bird tribes under Tibarn... we'll probably never know for sure. My guess? They're true monarchies. Remember that only the royal line have those snow white wings and they're also the ones with the best ability to sing galdrar barring possibly Lehran. 

I did think about the respect they show Naliah but it occurred to me that its possible, but very unlikely, that Laguz not from Hatary are sexist and that the reason they respect her isn't because she's The Queen of Hatary, rather its because she saved Rafiel

Edited by James Marshall

• 3 weeks later...

Natural leaders tend to rise to the top based on charisma and the whole people-leading abilities.  You see this interestingly on display even with laguz rulers with Cainghis and Skrimir - Skrimir has the strength, for sure, but it's not until he learns soft-skills, people skills in the course of Radiant Dawn that you see him start to mature into real leadership potential.  I imagine it's similar for herons, and a heron with real charisma (Reyson especially given he also has experience) would be a real force to contend with given their whole mind-reading ability.

Re: Nailah - tbh i think it's a little of of column a, b, and c what with strength, charisma, and saving Rafiel.  She gets shit done.  You also see this with Lethe to a lesser extent given she commands laguz forces in RD, iirc. No, she's not in the immediate pool to be the next queen of Gallia (and I daresay she wouldn't want to be), but the respect is still there.