New Defensive Mythics: how the 7th defensive hero works

Diovani Bressan

Greetings everyone! I have something to report!

I was able to summon a Seiros in January 2020's Mythic Banner, and now I am one of the many players allowed to use the 7th slot in defensive team in Aether Raids.
I went to test it how it works and I have some things to share with anyone interested about it. So lets begin.

For that, Saint Seiros was glad to help the Order of Heroes to understand this new feature. She called some of the Garreg Mach's students and members of the church to help me on this.
Since she called everyone in a hurry, Dorothea didn't have time to change clothes so she will be here in her swimsuit.

To start, the basic: how to unlock the 7th slot and how the 7th unit works?

Starting on Book V, new Mythic Heroes have an extra effect, not present in Book III's and Book IV's Mythic Heroes: the ability of granting an extra hero to be used in Aether Raids.
Offensive Mythics, like Reginn, allow players to use 6 heroes when attacking AR Keeps, while Defensive Mythics, like Seiros, allow players to have 7 heroes in their AR Keeps.

The New Mythic Hero can be placed in any slot, even the 7th slot. But just remember that the extra hero DOES NOT AFFECT THE SCORING OF YOUR TEAM.
The bonus hero will not grant you +20 lift in offensive if you place it in the 6th slot, and a bonus mythic will not grant -20 lift loss if you place it in the 7th slot.

In our mock battle, the 7th Hero is Claude. You will know who is the 7th hero by noticing a special icon in the lower right corner of that unit. 
If you used Reginn in Aether Raids before, you should be used to see that icon.

goFSZGT.png

Now, about how the 7th hero works in a defensive team. At start of the turn, the 7th unit will automatic WAIT.
This means if you place a hero in range of that unit, the 7th unit WILL NOT MOVE AND INITIATE COMBAT. Keep that in mind.
Another indication that the 7th unit will not move is a special animation that occours. Magical chains will appear from the void,
trapping the hero in place, stopping any type of action that hero could do.

6ta2Rnt.png

This is pretty much the basic of this new feature... However, there are somethings more about it.

Even though the 7th unit cannot move and attack while all his 6 allies are in the map, this unit will still have a danger zone.

8FIGmYc.png

If you place a unit in his danger zone, this will trigger all defensive units, and they will start to act!
Below, the first image represents the end of turn 1, while the second image represents the beginning of turn 2.

CAtEvjg.png    doy23Bs.png

Did you see what happened? The player ended its turn with Sharena in range of Claude. Since Claude is the 7th unit, he will not move and attack Sharena,
but this triggered all the rest of Claude's allies, and they started to move for the attack! So be careful when placing your units in range of the 7th unit. 

This situation could have ended in a different scenario if a dancer was in range of Claude! 

ICaHJQK.png    XMBfNBx.png    hDtp0CH.png

As you can see, Sharena ended her action in the same place as before. However, this time Dimitri and Dorothea swapped places.
What happened was that Claude ended his turn as part of the 7th unit gimmick, and then this triggered Dorothea to dance to him, allowing him to act again.
Now the magical chains are not stopping Claude from moving and initiating combat against Sharena!

That's right. A dancer can pretty much nullifies the "forced to wait" feature, so keep that in mind.

Also, since the 7th unit will have a forced WAIT command, any type of penalty in that hero, being visible debuffs from Chill Skills or a AR Shrine structure,
or from status effects like Panic, Gravity, Isolation and Dominance, will disappear as soon the chains animation triggers.

Dancers are not the only ones that are effected by a offensive unit in range of the 7th defensive unit. Heroes with Rally skills also are affected by foes in the 7th unit's range.

B3cHRt7.png    B10Mjdz.png    MYBKeP1.png

Sharena, once again (come on, Sharena!), ended her turn in Claude's range. In the enemy phase, Seteth used his Rally skill to boost Claude's stats. However, Claude will not move!
So when preparing your defensive teams, pay attention to these details, ok?

If both a unit with Dance and a unit with Rally are in range of the 7th uni, the priority will be the Dance Skill and then the Rally Skill.

The last thing I will mention is that even if you do not place a unit in range of the 7th unit, a Dancer will always dance that ally (unless the dancer has isolation).

hZMFTLi.png    fv7QNYR.png    uQtc6ek.png

As you can see, this time Sharena was not in range of Claude. However, Dorothea still decided to move to the right and dance Claude.
What happened is that since Claude is forced to WAIT before the end turn, the AI is programmed to use the Dance assist skill in that ally.

I think that's all.

I want to thanks Seiros, the students from Garreg Mach, and the members of the Church for helping me to describe how the 7th unit works to the Order of Heroes

And I want to thanks you as well, for reading this (if you did).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Diovani Bressan changed the title to New Defensive Mythics: how the 7th defensive hero works

Wow good breakdown here. I wonder what will happen if you have a Restore healer? Normally you Isolate them so that they don't move, then Isolate the dancer once you're ready to initiate the enemy. But here they end turn, remove the status, get danced, and start waving around their attack area. So that's basically another nerf to Isolation RIP.

I expect to see a lot of Iagos and the dark mage from FE5 to be the 7th unit since their supportive weapon works on their own.

16 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

One question I have about the 7th slot is whether it allows 3 defensive myhtics to be used without harming lift reduction.

You can use 3 Defensive Mythic Heroes without any penalty in your lift reduction, so your units can get all the stat buffs without problems.

The only requirement is that one of the Mythics has to be in the 7th slot.

Lets say you use Thrasir, Mirabilis and Seiros. One of these need to be in the 7th slot. If all 3 are in the main slots, you will be penalized.

It's like how you can use 4 Mythics is Astra Season, when you use Reginn... As long one of them is in the extra slot.

41 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You can use 3 Defensive Mythic Heroes without any penalty in your lift reduction, so your units can get all the stat buffs without problems.

The only requirement is that one of the Mythics has to be in the 7th slot.

Lets say you use Thrasir, Mirabilis and Seiros. One of these need to be in the 7th slot. If all 3 are in the main slots, you will be penalized.

It's like how you can use 4 Mythics is Astra Season, when you use Reginn... As long one of them is in the extra slot.

That's really useful. Thanks for the explanation.