Mythic Hero Battle: Seiros (Saint of Legends)

NSSKG151

Another Abyssal Map, another one-turn clear.

@BoaFerox @Maaka @DarkAlf @mcsilas @Landmaster @daisy jane @Sasori @LordFrigid @Some Jerk @SatsumaFSoysoy

@NSSKG151 Nice clear! Nice use of Heroes' Anna against Seiros. TA helped with damage, and doing 39x2 against Seiros was pretty impressive (of course it became 24x2 because of Dragon Hall).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Seems I'm early for once, it's nice to be on vacation for a while. 

@NSSKG151 Your redhead team is as impressive as ever. I'm really jealous of that CC on New Years Anna, I kinda wanted to pull off similar stuff with Norne but she only has Close Foil which does nothing on this map. Heroes Anna used almost the same skillset I used with Hilda, guess TA+NFU is needed to not get nuked by Seiros. Great clear!

@Diovani Bressan Flier Emblem really dominates this map! Just toss Trio Palla into the fray and then everyone gets swarmed too fast to call for reinforcements. That was a really impressive clear!

- - - - - - - - 

This time we have two clears. The first one was something I came up with during my frustration trying to clear this map at 3 AM, it's very cheesy but if it works it works. And yes, I used Trait Fruit on Altina, she was -Atk when I got her

The second clear is something you're more familiar with. It took a bit of tinkering with who was going to be the teleport beacon but everything after that was smooth sailing. 

I still want to try out a clear with Norne as she recently became +10, but I don't have CC fodder so I'll leave it at that. I'll try to feature her on a clear next month. 

After drawing a Dorothea from the Plegia banner I figured I might as well give her a team to play with. Dorothea and the Mittlelfrankman opera company weren't quite up to snuff for Abyssal, but they had some fun going through Infernal. Few things could get past Forrest on this mode

No theme for the Abyssal run though. The Roy button is still working and Asbel too was a good fit for the map. Its been a while since i've brought Seteth along for a clear too.

@Diovani Bressan: Ow wow. that was some pretty big numbers Palla pulled. Only coming up 2 shorts from one shotting Seiros if she did't have a damage reduction skill. Also cool to see Naga. I rarely see her in action.

@Landmaster @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11 @SatsumaFSoysoy @Maaka

I'm early for once, too. This one thankfully didn't take too many sacrifices...just a couple and some toilet paper~

@NSSKG151 – Ruptured Sky and Mystic Boost, NY!Anna just said screw the Dragons. And half this map, really. I’m impressed at how well she handled most of the enemies on her own. Serios also went down quite easily to OG!Anna. Nice job!

@Diovani Bressan – That was noice, your Baby Palla is pretty thicc for being -Def

@Alexmender – Lots of Nagas today, very useful for dealing with the abundance of Dragons. Especially if Altina will be soloing it on her own. Nice solo clear!

That was a lot of enemies to deal with as they all started getting choke-pointed, but you played well keeping your distance. And clumping them together worked out with Eirika’s AOE. You cleared everyone out pretty smoothly, nice work!

@LordFrigid @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

Lots of magic means lots of fun time for Leanne.

This map was a bit of a headache for me, mostly because I was trying for a meme kill on Seiros with Leanne, which would require two Glacies procs and using an enemy as a Mystic Boost health pack in between rounds. Unfortunately, said enemies were giving Seiros too many buffs and getting too close to my other units, so I had to settle for one nuke -- mercifully that and some clever Reposition play was all I needed to enable Puddle to finish her off.

You might've noticed that Silvia got an upgrade -- I had a Ninja Zihark that I was never going to use since his stats ended up much the same as Silvia's, so she gets a fancy new Ninja Katana. It ended up being required for this map to take out the Sword Cavalier. She could've also onerounded the Green Fáfnir and Red Flier if she had Lull Spd/Def on, but this caused the Red Flier to avoid her on a turn where I really needed it to die, so she's stuck with a dead B Slot this time.

@NSSKG151 This map had a lot of fliers for NY!Anna to eat. She certainly did a lot of work for this clear. It was neat seeing commander Anna destroy Seiros. Was sort of expecting Jill to do it, but I guess Anna had it under control. Nice job!

@Diovani Bressan Seems we had a similar idea for the starting point, though yours involved much less galeforcing. Nice to see Hinoka's new refine in action. I was surprised to see the whitewing trio tank the last hit so easily. Great clear!

@Sasori That was a really neat strategy to have Forrest block everyone.. That mystic boost seal is really useful. Gordin sure got a lot of killing in. Also some nice support from Kaden. Glad you gave him the last kill at least. The second clear was nice as well! Roy is still able to do a great job at dragon killing. Also rather surprised at how well he tanked everything. Distant ward Seteth was certainly interesting too. Very nice clears!

@Landmaster Ooo the buckets sure came in handy for this map. Gravity from healer Elise certainly helped out as well. That lance flier would have had a feast otherwise. The dragon fangs from summer Elise were pretty devastating. Great job!

@Some Jerk Another awesome dancer clear! Leanne was perfect for all the dragons and mages in this map. They couldn't do a thing against her. Eldigan being tanky as ever and blade tome mini Azura was very nice. Great job on the movement too, looks like it must have taken quite a bit of work to get that planned out. Very nice clear!

As I expected, the units were super far away once again, but odd tempest came through. Naga had to replace OG Fir as the reposition slave this time since the dragon buff was pretty much required. Spring Fir was the star this time, taking some lessons on muscling up from her father, she was able to destroy the demonic being even with the damage reduction.

@NSSKG151 Wow, you had Ruptured Sky and Mystic Boost. Anna must have had a fun time slaughtering all those dragons!  

@Diovani BressanQuite amazing! We used two of the same characters, haha. Good thing you had Naga for the dragon eff damage.

@LandmasterI always forget that your Elise has Miracle for some maps. Mirabilis was just chilling in the back~ Nice clear!

43 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Abyssal is going to take some time. Not a lot of room to work with. Might have to deploy a Galeforcer.

I ended up using Galeforce on Valentia Catria. You'll likely have to use Galeforce because there are so many enemies.

@Some JerkLeanne seemed to have a very comfortable time tanking all those magic attacks. The Glacies kill would have been fun, but at least we got to see a 44 damage Glacies.

@BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11 @daisy jane @XRay

I really wanted to use Yune so that I could double Seiros, but she didn't have enough firepower to beat the other enemies. I just settled with Hinoka sniping her for a while. Good thing Mirror Impact helped Palla survive that green dragon.

Edited by GuiltyLove
reformat

@Diovani Bressan Nice one turn clear! Palla shredded through everything with 1 HP to spare. Naga and flying units work well on this map.

@Alexmender Kind of funny seeing Naga being a strong counter against Seiros especially since they are the opposite element. W!Altina looks scary to fight when she has the right support units. I see we both had the same idea to use TA+NFU to fight Seiros. Nice clears!

@Landmaster The Elises throwing big numbers out like always. Even Seiros went down in one turn of combat against Gronnblade. I'm surprised HS!Elise survived that attack from the bow cavalier. Great clear!

@GuiltyLove It's not often I see V!Catria use Galeforce. I thought it was amusing watching Seiros get pelted by arrows just because a wall was in the way. Nice clear!

@Maaka I see S!Fir is the MVP here today with Odd Tempest and having NFU on her weapon helping out. Great one turn cler!

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I ended up using Galeforce on Valentia Catria. You'll likely have to use Galeforce because there are so many enemies.

Yep. Galeforce was the right call.

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I really wanted to use Yune so that I could double Seiros, but she didn't have enough firepower to beat the other enemies. I just settled with Hinoka sniping her for a while. Good thing Mirror Impact helped Palla survive that green dragon.

Palla is still putting in that work despite being at -Atk. Gorilla tactics isn't a problem when the terrain doesn't affect fliers.

Started out using Celica and for some reason Seiros being a blue dragon didn't sink in until I got to Infernal and couldn't clear it with Celica so I swapped Nino in. Ephraim charging in turn 2 reminded me of his invasion of the Grado castle.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

Very easy but fun Abyssal, liked the battle taking place in Zanado. Used the same squad I used for Dimitri's battle. B.Edelgard, Bramimond, Summer Byleth and Mirabilis. Edelgard stood in the bridge (the one at the side of the map) and with the help of noontime and Mystic boost was tanking everyone. Byleth and Bramimond with Mira's help were killing the ones that were surviving Edelgard. Seiros was pretty tanky so Bram weakened her and that's what happened. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210128_170755.thumb.jpg.c9402d248bd81454e7ff8a2205763eaf.jpg

9 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Yep. Galeforce was the right call.

Palla is still putting in that work despite being at -Atk. Gorilla tactics isn't a problem when the terrain doesn't affect fliers.

Started out using Celica and for some reason Seiros being a blue dragon didn't sink in until I got to Infernal and couldn't clear it with Celica so I swapped Nino in. Ephraim charging in turn 2 reminded me of his invasion of the Grado castle.

Hide contents

I don't know how to feel about having two Atk Tactics users, but I guess it worked due to positioning

Duo Ephraim is quite sturdy. Good job to Nino, again.

@Landmaster Oh nice clear with you Elise Team. Dragon Hall? Pff, Summer Elise doesn't care to that.

@Maaka You Bartre Team did a great job. Too bad OG Fir was not able to join the team, but she probably understand that Divine Fang was needed here.

@Some Jerk Oh nice clear! The dancers team did an amazing job!

@NSSKG151 Wow, OG Anna got to shine for once, even if it is using TA against a blue boss. Still quite impressive.

@Diovani Bressan Naga is perfect help of course, but Hinoka was a surprise. I imagine her aura was very important for ORKOing Seiros.

@Alexmender Definitely didn't think Altina would just punch straight through Seiros like that, even with Naga's help. Broken.

Hilda and the others did a great job kiting and getting rid of threats. TA NFU Hilda definitely hard counters Seiros. I can hear her complaining about doing all this work again.

@Sasori Everyone in nice hats, I see. All made by Forrest, maybe? I didn't manage to get Doro, only Katarina, who I'm happy about still.

Ah, the new kid, Asbel. To be honest, I feel like he's not actually better than YMerric or anything, but he did pretty great here. Dorothea's debuffs are nice.

@Landmaster The toilet paper was for Mirror Impact, I assume? Quite a lot of firepower coming out of these Elises. Quite impressive that you didn't even need to kite around like most people, just went head on across the bridge.

@Some Jerk Leanne's passive healing really helps. Really had to squeeze all the bulk out with this kind of team.

@Maaka Wow, I thought Bartre was going to kill Seiros, but Fir finally gets to shine and impress her dad.

@Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer Wow, I don't think I've seen anyone use Jamke in these before. Cool editing with the Rain and Thunder versions too.

@LordFrigid

Procrastinated on trying the map, and quickly found out I don't really have the means to damage Seiros with my usual stuff unless I brought some kind of cheese, but I wouldn't have enough firepower for other stuff. Also haven't bought the dancer Elincia manual with toilet paper yet. Decided to just go with something different in the end.

Took a bit of time to figure out, but did this with a Jugdral theme team!

New Asbel got to get taken for a spin, and L!Leif enjoyed all the fliers and the support from his parents. Initially tried with Growing Wind, but blazing ended up nicer for the damage, and flame was mostly to hit the horse bow so Leif could finish him. Given the map, people ended up lined up quite a bit anyways, so it worked out. I do wanna eventually fix D!Quan's atk bane, and D!Ethlyn has been very nice in general, plus I love her art.

@Diovani Bressan I wasn't quite sure how you were gonna pull off a 1-turn with that team, but I forgot about two different duo skills. Very nice clear, with 3 blues too!

@NSSKG151 Another nice Anna clear, it made me happy seeing OG Anna be the one to take out Seiros!

@Alexmender Nice work from everyone there! Makes me wanna refine my horse Eirika too. Also hoping she nabs CYL this time!

@SatsumaFSoysoy That Masked Marth is really something, nice seeing such an old TT unit be so effective. I actually started late enough I don't even have one.

@GuiltyLove I gotta bite the bullet and get Myrrh DC and maybe a merge from the manual currently available, and also refine her. Maybe even Bownoka too, bet you're happy with that refine!

@Some Jerk That Leanne is really something! Makes me wanna try some of this with Jagen tanking dragons that aren't Seiros. Silvia enjoying that new Katana too.

@Landmaster I should have expected red Elise would have the bucket! Pretty great performance from all units like usual, a couple close calls there too.

@Sasori Hooray for another Asbel use, and Roy really put in a lot of work here. I do need to build mine eventually.

@Maaka Seems like there's no abyssal that trio can't handle. Hopefully one of these soon will get OG Fir get some action again.

@SuperNova125 I need to remember I can use Brammimond outside of just AR-D and that he's amazing. Good team!

@Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer Nice mostly Jugdral clear! Seliph there just no selled that blue windsweep lance pretty hard. Cool seeing Jamke too.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh wow, great use of Flayn there to keep masked Marth alive. She really destroyed the map. Too bad she couldn't handle Seiros herself, but that deadeye from Shamir certainly did it's work. Great job!

@Unknown Gamer11 Those AoE specials from Asbel really helped out here. Bringing two of the most destructive flier killers was a great idea for this map. Nice clear!

@Maaka
Thanks. I figured i'd give the last kill to Kaden so he would't only be cheerleading all map. Also a cool clear on your end. its rare to see the Fir's go in for the boss kill, but she took care of Seiros with no problems.

@SatsumaFSoysoy 
Did't end up getting Mini Merric, but I can see how Asbel would be a bit boring in comparison. No fancy healing special on him. But he's a good green statball.

Thats a very unique thumbnail. Also a very different team when compared to your usual. I wasn't the only one bringing a dc dragonslayer and Lucina wasn't any less effective then Roy. Shamir also still just hits really really hard.

@Unknown Gamer11
Thanks. This map was pretty much Asbel's dream map with all those flyers and his base kit being able to cut through Seiros auto doubling. 

Also cool Leif team . A very different Asbel, but the aoe special spamming worked pretty well. Seiros was a though nut to crack, but the combined attacks worked pretty well.

@Landmaster
Oof. For a gen 1 mage those are some pretty big feats for Summer elise. Even the newer green mages have trouble one rounding someone as bulky as Seiros.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh wow, great use of Flayn there to keep masked Marth alive. She really destroyed the map. Too bad she couldn't handle Seiros herself, but that deadeye from Shamir certainly did it's work. Great job!

Seiros is probably the strongest Abyssal boss in a while.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:14 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That Masked Marth is really something, nice seeing such an old TT unit be so effective. I actually started late enough I don't even have one.

That's a shame. +10ing her was easy for me since they kept rerunning her back then. Maybe you'll have a shot at getting more regular Lucinas from the new 4* chance.

On 2/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy 
Did't end up getting Mini Merric, but I can see how Asbel would be a bit boring in comparison. No fancy healing special on him. But he's a good green statball.

Thats a very unique thumbnail. Also a very different team when compared to your usual. I wasn't the only one bringing a dc dragonslayer and Lucina wasn't any less effective then Roy. Shamir also still just hits really really hard.

Mini Merric also doesn't have to worry about counterattacks, which is really nice.

I love Shamir. I don't really plan on merging her up or anything but giving her Deadeye was a great idea.

@Sasori– Machine gun Gordin is a beast and Forrest is quite a thicc boi with the Palm Staff and Mystic Boost. That was a nice chokepoint strat.

Oh boy, Seteth taking his shounen students for a walk. Those Dragons were no match for Roy. Asbel is an awesome nuke, as well. Distant Ward on Seteth is an interesting build, seems it’s working well for him.

@Some Jerk – Well this was Leanne’s time to shine against so many mages and Dragons. Y!Azura is pretty slept on as a combat unit, still one of my favorite offensive dancers. Silvia went a little wild towards the end, cleaning up the latter half of the map. Seiros hit harder than I thought she would but Leanne still managed to hold her off for Smolzura to save the day~

@Maaka – These Bartres are gonna enjoy the new L&D Seal, won’t they~ Should be illegal for them to get that fast. It’s crazy how tanky and fast S!Bartre is, he such a monster~

@GuiltyLove – I see Bownoka has joined with her new refine. Those are some big numbers on her. Hit and Run was a pretty good idea on this map so you didn’t get overrun. Nice seeing Galeforce on V!Catria, I figured she’d need it for this one. Playing around the wall against Seiros was pretty funny.

@SatsumaFSoysoy– I actually had Mirror Impact on her for a while, the Codes were for NFU. I had been waiting for a F!Mareeta to pitybreak me at some point, but it was pretty necessary to get rid of Serios as fast as possible.

M!Marth is really a timeless unit, it’s nice to see she still holds up today. And quite well considering she took on most of the map by herself. I wasn’t expecting that much power from her. Of course Shamir with Deadeye easily deletes Seiros off the map.

@Unknown Gamer11 – Lots of people picked up Asbel, it seems. He’s a cutie so I hope he pitybreaks me at some point. Dancer Ethlyn getting some shots in was quite nice. An AOE special was a good idea to chip down the enemies. It was nice having Ethlyn and Quan help get the final kill.

9 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy– I actually had Mirror Impact on her for a while, the Codes were for NFU. I had been waiting for a F!Mareeta to pitybreak me at some point, but it was pretty necessary to get rid of Serios as fast as possible.

M!Marth is really a timeless unit, it’s nice to see she still holds up today. And quite well considering she took on most of the map by herself. I wasn’t expecting that much power from her. Of course Shamir with Deadeye easily deletes Seiros off the map.

Oh right, I forgot about the Impact. I remember seeing it in older vids now.

Sealed Falchion definitely breathed new life into her. It's such a good weapon now.